Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA Tidbits

Blog Entries

Re: OTA Tidbits

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Anyone hear anything about Tommy TD Streeter in these camps?

How's he doing?
    Catching TDs I would imagine.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Anyone hear anything about Tommy TD Streeter in these camps?

How's he doing?

Matt Zenitz ‏@mzenitz 2h
    Tommy Streeter left practice early with what appeared to be a minor injury, but he had a strong practice before exiting
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2h
    Ravens wrs coach jim hostler is excited about deonte thompson beyond his speed impressed with his route running

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2h
    Jim hostler said jacoby jones right now is a starter and the no. 2 wr but has to battle to keep it

Matt Zenitz ‏@mzenitz 2h
    Tandon Doss also continues to impress. Fared well during OTAs and has been impressive through the first two days of minicamp

Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens 2h
    Jimmy Smith is "a different guy" this offseason, says DBs coach Teryl Austin. Indicates that he's become more professional.
    Matt Zenitz ‏@mzenitz 1h
    Teryl Austin said of Jimmy Smith: "He's really gotten himself into pretty good shape [and he's] really studying. ... He's really stepped up"
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

great stuff guys, thanks and keep it coming

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Thanks for these. Any news on the WRs I'm interested in.

Some really good information.

I would like to hear more about the WRs and 2nd-4th CB position.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...9-755ff4d014e2

Rookie safety Matt Elam came up with a nice interception of quarterback Joe Flacco to start off 11-on-11 drills. Elam covered a good bit of ground over the middle of the field to roam into the deep secondary and pull down the interception. After the play, Elam was so excited that he jumped up to celebrate and forgot NFL and college rules are different. He thought he was down when he went to the ground, but his teammates helped him out and told him to the return the ball. Elam took off upfield before being touched down. The defense all swarmed the rookie coming over to the sidelines after the play.
    Rookie wide receiver Aaron Mellette is coming along, but is clearly still early in his development. He flashed with a nice touchdown grab down the middle of the field on a pass from Taylor, but he also dropped an easy ball over the middle of the field earlier in the day.

Garrett Downing has put together a nice piece on the WR battle at BR.com.
    Several Hostler comments + OTA clips.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/video...d-c907860ab1cd

Good job lurking, Garrett! :D

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries
    Elam is gonna be a stud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I wonder how Chykie Brown is coming along. Perhaps, he and Corey Graham have mended the broken fences from that AFC Championship Game.
    You'd imagine so, given that these guys are professionals. At any rate Chykie is our dime CB.

iggyman555 Guest

I wonder how Chykie Brown is coming along. Perhaps, he and Corey Graham have mended the broken fences from that AFC Championship Game.
    what happened?

Upshaw could stand to shed a few, but you guys have to understand how he is built. He's not meant to play at 255. He's built big and country strong. He's always going to have some gut to him. If you try to make him into what he's not, you're going to fuck him up. He's Jarret Johnson Plus. That's who he was in college, it's who he was drafted to be and it's who he's going to be. That's just the way it is.

Go tell Vince Wilfork he needs to get in shape. Go ahead. Tell him about the young NT in camp that's in way better shape than him. Not everyone is going to always look the part that you want.
    He is an OLB. Yes he is going to weigh more due to his body type but there is no excuse to have a gut. There is not a body type that it is ok to have a gut. There are positions like dline and oline where it is ok. There is no reason he cannot be trim other than he lacks the will to do it. I am sure it is harder for him to lose weight than other players. He looks more than a few pounds overweight in the picture. He looks to be pushing 300lbs. I don't remember JJ ever coming in fat and out of shape. Who he was in college means nothing in the pros. He is an OLB in the pros. He cannot get away with not being professional about his body in the pros. In college you can get away with it. If that is the way it is move him to DE and be done with it. If he is going to be a LB he needs to be trim. Being slow footed he cannot afford to carry all of this extra weight. Vince Wilfork is a NT. That is not an appropriate comparison. I am not worried about Ngata being heavy for the reasons you mention. I am very worried about an OLB looking like a NT.
    Last edited by srobert96; 06-12-2013 at 10:37 PM.