Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA Tidbits

Blog Entries

Re: OTA Tidbits

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreraventerp View Post
    He knows he's probably playing for his next contract, whether it is an extension with Ravens or he gets cut after next season and signs with someone new. Either way, it is good news for Ravens.
    I'm sure he is seeing all these vets get cut, and he's realizing that he isn't safe just because his name is Suggs.

I think this team is going to shock a lot of people with most people expecting them to suck after losing a lot of starters.

Blog Entries

Upshaw could stand to shed a few, but you guys have to understand how he is built. He's not meant to play at 255. He's built big and country strong. He's always going to have some gut to him. If you try to make him into what he's not, you're going to fuck him up. He's Jarret Johnson Plus. That's who he was in college, it's who he was drafted to be and it's who he's going to be. That's just the way it is.

Go tell Vince Wilfork he needs to get in shape. Go ahead. Tell him about the young NT in camp that's in way better shape than him. Not everyone is going to always look the part that you want.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Suggs will always be able to find another job if the Ravens cut him. And with his interests in film, etc. who is to say that he wouldn't be happier out West some where. So I don't think he is motivated so much by fear of losing his job or being unemployed.

I think for the first time, he isn't the BEST pass-rusher on the roster by default. Now that we have Dumerville, I think Suggs' competitive juices are flowing just a little bit more. He is already talking about his race for DPOY with Ngata. Plus he has the opportunity to really step it up as a leader on this team that is now with out Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. Great way to lead by example by showing up in incredible shape and motivated.

I look forward to watching what Suggs and this defense accomplishes this year.

Blog Entries

Upshaw was not that big last year, he is a different built i agree with that, but thats not a good look for him im sure come the end of camp he will be slimmed some but man he has some good competition behind him that Simon cat looks like he is ready now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    ...that Simon cat looks like he is ready now.
    Just keep in mind the huuuuuuuge gap between "looks ready" & "is ready." The NFL throws a lot of stuff at you & there are a lot of techniques, tendencies, etc. to learn. And it's a fair sight faster. I think we're all cheering for Simon but...

But once he does, I've already got the T-shirt design for him:

SIMON SEZ
    EAT TURF,
    BALL CARRIERS!

I see Suggs differently than some posters obviously. Being my favorite Raven I take exception with some of the comments about him.

He's a prideful guy who plays as hard as he talks. He's in shape because he's a hard worker and a quality veteran. My proof is he was DPOTY on a year he wasn't playing for a contract. If he only plays hard on a contract year then explain this? Why question his motivation especially when he showed a lot of heart last year coming back from a serious injury long before anyone predicted. He's a team guy as Skip Bayless found out, "My quarterback......". He never says a negative word about the team and appeared to be a positive influence.

Having said that the the reality of the the situation is if he has an off year, he could be gone next year. I hope he plays well and signs an extension/restructure to keep him for a few more years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Just keep in mind the huuuuuuuge gap between "looks ready" & "is ready." The NFL throws a lot of stuff at you & there are a lot of techniques, tendencies, etc. to learn. And it's a fair sight faster. I think we're all cheering for Simon but...

But once he does, I've already got the T-shirt design for him:

SIMON SEZ
    EAT TURF,
    BALL CARRIERS!
    LOL agreed!

Blog Entries

I wonder how Chykie Brown is coming along. Perhaps, he and Corey Graham have mended the broken fences from that AFC Championship Game.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I see Suggs differently than some posters obviously. Being my favorite Raven I take exception with some of the comments about him.

He's a prideful guy who plays as hard as he talks. He's in shape because he's a hard worker and a quality veteran. My proof is he was DPOTY on a year he wasn't playing for a contract. If he only plays hard on a contract year then explain this? Why question his motivation especially when he showed a lot of heart last year coming back from a serious injury long before anyone predicted. He's a team guy as Skip Bayless found out, "My quarterback......". He never says a negative word about the team and appeared to be a positive influence.

Having said that the the reality of the the situation is if he has an off year, he could be gone next year. I hope he plays well and signs an extension/restructure to keep him for a few more years.
    :word

All that said, he looks in GREAT shape!

Suggs has a lot going his way this year. With Elvis and Suggs, the Ravens can do a lot of damage to the opposing QBs. Not wishing any injuries on QBs, getting sacked 5 or more times a game, tends to make an opposing QB start blinking and being protective more of his health. Ask Sanchez, Luck, RG3, and Brady. The 2012 defense had these Qbs worried.
    Ravens defense this year has the potential to rock and roll other teams offense. If this happens, Flacco and his group will have the opportunity to have more possessions then usual. Hell , Tucker may have another high scoring year with field goals alone. It's going to be exciting this year, watching Suggs and the defense come together.

As sizzle says, How many more sleeps?

Blog Entries

Anyone hear anything about Tommy TD Streeter in these camps?

How's he doing?