Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA Tidbits

Re: OTA Tidbits

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think he just sees the writing on the wall. They drafted Juszczyk in the 4th round and obviously is making the team.
    It's possible, I just don't recall him having that tone when asked about it before

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpiderWebb View Post
    Does that read to anyone else that either they asked him to take a pay cut and he declined, or they have given him some indication that he's in a competition for his job?
    Basically he realizes that the Ravens have drafted his replacement. The team has not approached him and told him that he is a vital piece to the puzzle for next year. The media sees this as well and is asking him about it. He knows that if they need cap space that he may very well be the one who is cut.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Basically he realizes that the Ravens have drafted his replacement. The team has not approached him and told him that he is a vital piece to the puzzle for next year. The media sees this as well and is asking him about it. He knows that if they need cap space that he may very well be the one who is cut.
    It should not come as a surprise to anyone, that this will probably be Leach's last year on the Ravens. I don't see Leach getting cut though, unless a very good WR becomes available, and the Ravens need cap room as you stated.

Blog Entries
    @mzenitz: Michael Huff on Joe Flacco: "I knew he was good before, but to see him everyday in practice ... he's definitely one of the best in the NFL"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 1m
    Browns cut former Ravens cornerback Prince Miller
    *sigh*

I remember pulling for this guy a couple of years ago...desperate for someone, ANYONE to help our crappy secondary.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Somewhat notable here...

Matt Zenitz ‏@mzenitz 2h
    Ed Dickson said Torrey Smith has been "amazing" through this point of the offseason. Said Smith has "really grown into a leader"
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

@mzenitz: Michael Huff on Joe Flacco: "I knew he was good before, but to see him everyday in practice ... he's definitely one of the best in the NFL"

In the video of the interview he mentioned that even when thought he had a guy covered Flacco found a way to get the ball in there. He seemed genuinely impressed.

More Notes

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...b-0fb7f204fe01

*Tight end Ed Dickson looks like he’s getting more involved in the passing game, which is a priority for him this offseason. He caught a number of passes from Flacco and was versatile in his route tree, catching short passes in the flat and also deeper passes over the middle of the field.
    Undrafted rookie tight end Matt Furstenburg is also carving out a role in the passing game. He was more of a blocker in college, but he flashed strong hands with a tough catch from Taylor in the flat. Taylor put some zip on the football, but Furstenburg was still able to make the fingertips grab.
    Torrey Smith continues to make strides. He shines at wide receiver and had one of the highlights of the day with a beautiful over-the-shoulder catch on a perfectly-placed ball from Flacco. Smith made the catch behind Graham and finished off the play by streaking down the field for a touchdown.
    Good to see Furstenburg making a mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    It should not come as a surprise to anyone, that this will probably be Leach's last year on the Ravens. I don't see Leach getting cut though, unless a very good WR becomes available, and the Ravens need cap room as you stated.
    Agreed. Coming from Harvard, footballwise he's not unseating a probowl FB year one. This is about the future, but like you say, if an talent becomes available at WR, I could see it possibly. It comes down to the importance of Leach in the run game which I feel he is required this year. Also I feel after this year, the Ravens will not have a need for a true FB in the traditional sense anyway. It's the way the league is going along with change in philosophy to more passing attack.

Man that's good to hear even though we know that Joe is reaching uncharted heights in Charm City. Just think, he's in his prime and still trending up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    It comes down to the importance of Leach in the run game which I feel he is required this year.
    Disagree--IMO Rice & Pierce would prosper running out of a spread, since they excel at getting the first would-be tackler to miss. Leach in the backfield telegraphs where the running play is going, which is one reason they've gone out of their way to get Vonta the ball in the flat & sell the idea that he has to be accounted for as something more than a lead blocker/QB protector. He's picked up some modest but helpful yardage that way, but a guy like Juszcyk would probably double his yards per pass caught. I'm not sure what the cap implications of releasing Leach are, but I'd have to think if someone they really like is a cap casualty, he's gone.
    Also I feel after this year, the Ravens will not have a need for a true FB in the traditional sense anyway. It's the way the league is going along with change in philosophy to more passing attack.
    IOW we agree--it's just that one of us is a year off.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Disagree--IMO Rice & Pierce would prosper running out of a spread, since they excel at getting the first would-be tackler to miss. Leach in the backfield telegraphs where the running play is going, which is one reason they've gone out of their way to get Vonta the ball in the flat & sell the idea that he has to be accounted for as something more than a lead blocker/QB protector. He's picked up some modest but helpful yardage that way, but a guy like Juszcyk would probably double his yards per pass caught. I'm not sure what the cap implications of releasing Leach are, but I'd have to think if someone they really like is a cap casualty, he's gone.IOW we agree--it's just that one of us is a year off.
    If he gets the snaps, I wouldn't be surprised if Juice snags a handful of receiving TDs this season.

@BigPlayReceiver

I like Leach but he's not worth 4.3m for being a part time one dimensional player. The Sun is reporting they are trying to restructure.