Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA Tidbits

Blog Entries

Re: OTA Tidbits

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I'm pretty sure we can't extend anyone early from jimmy and Torreys rookie class on. Don't they have to pay out the four year deals now with this new CBA
    I thought it was just like 3 or 4 years?

Meaning, a lot of 1st rounders sign 5 year deals, so they could be extended in year 4.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I thought it was just like 3 or 4 years?

Meaning, a lot of 1st rounders sign 5 year deals, so they could be extended in year 4.
    Didn't jimmy only sign 4 years?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Didn't jimmy only sign 4 years?
    Ummm...he was a 2st round pick...I thought they all were 5 year deals?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Ummm...he was a 2st round pick...I thought they all were 5 year deals?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Jimmy Smith went 26th overall in the first round of the 2011 NFL draft.

So Arnie is right, looks like we could potentially be looking at having to use the franchise tag on Jimmy Smith in 2015 (cue the remarks about him being a bust and how I'm crazy to say that). I'm just looking at the possibility of him significantly improving as a pro and being able to play man instead of zone, which is where his strength lies.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Jimmy Smith went 26th overall in the first round of the 2011 NFL draft.

So Arnie is right, looks like we could potentially be looking at having to use the franchise tag on Jimmy Smith in 2015 (cue the remarks about him being a bust and how I'm crazy to say that). I'm just looking at the possibility of him significantly improving as a pro and being able to play man instead of zone, which is where his strength lies.
    I don't think you're crazy. The thing I like about Jimmy is that he steps up in big games, last year in the AFCCG and this year in the Super Bowl (and throughout the playoffs. His tackle on Holiday in OT was one of the biggest plays of our season). Jimmy was lined up opposite Crabtree I think every snap on the final stand. That shows that the coaching staff trusts him. You can't teach "stepping up in big time games".

Blog Entries
    http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sp...OX2S6M.twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    DT's routes vs. CIN week 17 were nothing special, but clearly he has improved, and if he can technically run routes come game-time like I've seen him run them so far this spring then this offense is going to give people some serious trouble.

He's not a path to be Welker 2.0 or Cruz 2.0.
    BION...I think he's a lot closer to Tim Brown 2.0.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 06-04-2013 at 10:37 PM.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    This team has the potential to be much better than last year's.

We have a big and skilled defensive front with added depth. We have a Pro-Bowl caliber CB returning. We have two safeties that can cover and tackle. We replaced Kruger with a better player and Suggs is healthier. Arthur Brown might be able to cover the middle of the field.

Our offensive line is in place. There is no need to adjust positions unless there is injury. We have a top 5 RB who is being backed up by a young stud. They have the best FB in the league leading the way for them. Our QB is playing with more confidence and ability than ever. If Dickson can live up to his potential he will have the second best TE tandem in the league to throw to. Torrey Smith should be able to break out in his third year which is usually when it clicks for a WR. The only question mark is who else will produce. I believe in Tandon Doss and Deonte Thompson. We also shouldn't forget Jacoby. If these receivers can produce... I don't see any reason we shouldn't be in our third straight AFCCG.
    I 100% agree with this post. Last year's team was one of our weaker teams in recent memory. Frankly, I think this could be the start of a mini-dynasty (an impressive 3-5 year run that gets us at least one more championship), and you pretty much outlined exactly why I feel that way.

Good to see Haloti on the field

#Ravens DT Haloti Ngata is practicing today. He was not on the field during media days in previous OTAs.

Baltimore Ravens @Ravens
    Final day of open (to the media) OTAs practice today for #Ravens. Will hear from John Harbaugh, Torrey Smith, Ray Rice, Michael Huff later.

Athur Brown getting back to it

Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens 3m
    Rookie LB Arthur Brown (sports hernia) is going through individual drills at #Ravens OTAs.

Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens
    FB Vonta Leach is practicing at OTAs today. Good to see @vleach44 back on the field!

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 8m
    Vonta Leach on his outlook after team drafted fullback Kyle Juszczyk: 'We're both still here. Hopefully, it can work out for both of us.'

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2m
    Vonta Leach: 'If it don't, I feel like I can still play in this league and I'll find a job somewhere.'
    Does that read to anyone else that either they asked him to take a pay cut and he declined, or they have given him some indication that he's in a competition for his job?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpiderWebb View Post
    Does that read to anyone else that either they asked him to take a pay cut and he declined, or they have given him some indication that he's in a competition for his job?
    I think he just sees the writing on the wall. They drafted Juszczyk in the 4th round and obviously is making the team.