Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA Tidbits

Re: OTA Tidbits

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Definitely like where Caldwell's head is at.
    let's enjoy Coach Caldwell while we can; I has a feeling he'll take his clipboard elsewhere (Dallas?) by this time next year.

oops, I see several peoples already said that.

thx to all the posters, I'm starting to get back into Football mood again!
    Last edited by sailorsam; 06-02-2013 at 01:58 PM. Reason: clarify
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries
    No idea why some of you think Caldwell is HC material. He was horrible, couldn't even manage timeouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    No idea why some of you think Caldwell is HC material. He was horrible, couldn't even manage timeouts.
    Clock management was not exactly a John Harbaugh strength his first couple seasons either, but he seemed to turn out okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    A couple of NFL Network videos from training camp

Elvis Dumervil (There's a shot of Upshaw at walking next to McPhee at :49, McPhee looks almost like Upshaw should)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...s-of-a-feather
    Haha, they called Arthur Jones a 2013 2nd rd pick. After that everything sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher. I wonder if they even spoke to the correct players? pssh NFL Network indeed. Change their name to Posers TV.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Clock management was not exactly a John Harbaugh strength his first couple seasons either, but he seemed to turn out okay.
    He won games.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

He won games.

Kind of hard to win games when your star QB basically goes down for an entire season and you are left with Curtis Painter and Dan Orlovsky.

I get where you are coming from, but had Peyton not gotten hurt, Caldwell may not have been replaced.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Kind of hard to win games when your star QB basically goes down for an entire season and you are left with Curtis Painter and Dan Orlovsky.

I get where you are coming from, but had Peyton not gotten hurt, Caldwell may not have been replaced.
    Exactly.

14-2 with Manning (+ a Super Bowl appearance)
    2-14 with Painter (+ fired)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Exactly.

14-2 with Manning (+ a Super Bowl appearance)
    2-14 with Painter (+ fired)
    Harbs lost his #1 and @#2 QB and had to go with a rookie; how did that work out? He figured out a way to use the rest of the team (still intact) to be competitive and use the QB as a game manager. Caldwell didn't.

I know it's apples and oranges I'm just saying Caldwell was abysmal. I hope he is mega-successful as the OC this year but I doubt that would bring any HC inquiries. Maybe we'll get to find out in a few months.

Harbs' number 3 QB was a first round rookie who was expected to take over at some point that season, on a team that had been built around the expectation of not having more than a game manager (strong D, potent run game).

That's not even an apples to oranges comparison, its apples to low orbit satellites.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Upshaw is 13 pounds heavier than last season weighing in at 285

http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#secti.../p2p-76141521/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Harbs' number 3 QB was a first round rookie who was expected to take over at some point that season, on a team that had been built around the expectation of not having more than a game manager (strong D, potent run game).

That's not even an apples to oranges comparison, its apples to low orbit satellites.
    Do you think Caldwell did a good job winning 2 games? I guess Spagnola and Castillo will be head coaches next year too; wow this Ravens team is gold

I think his GM built a team around a superstar QB who could cover up a MASSIVE talent discrepancy among his skill guys, and built a defense around the idea that you will generally be playing from ahead.

Should he have won more games? Maybe, but certainly talent wise that team was bottom 4 in the league.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron