Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA Tidbits

Blog Entries

Re: OTA Tidbits

I have no doubt that if Caldwell does the job we're expecting, Bisciotti will make it worth his while in the wallet to stick around. And he may want to stay where he's only answerable for the side of the ball he knows so well. But there's also the pull of redemption to consider--he might want a shot at demonstrating that he's a better HC than that last disastrous Manningless season showed.

I guess we'll just have to wait & see. Myself, I would gladly trade these sorts of questions at season's end for a bang-up year for Caldwell as OC.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpiderWebb View Post
    I dunno I'm not convinced he would even except if offered. I think his experience in Indy soured him to the idea of head coaching, and he will be content to try to build a consistently good offense like he had with Manning in his glory years. Just as OC this time so hopefully he gets a bit more credit. This is dependent on the money matching up right too obviously.

This all just speculation on my part, but just hearing him talk about the past or future has always given me this impression.
    I'm pretty sure he wont "except" it!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
    I'm pretty sure he wont "except" it!
    Homonyms are a beach.

Or, as Gertrude Stein might have tweeted, There is no they're their.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

lob-
    Had to laugh --

Hadn't thought about Stein for years, so I did a quick peek at Wikipedia (my MOST trusted source of info ), and discovered Stein is from, of all places....PITTSBURGH!!!

On a more related note, I agree that Caldwell having success ought to bring him offers, and HC ones at that, although I think you and Spider make good arguments for him staying/leaving. And I agree, if Caldwell's offense awes this season, and hopefully a repeat SB win, I'd be ecstatic to see him grabbed up as the HC by another team (maybe just not in the AFCN! ;))

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Hadn't thought about Stein for years, so I did a quick peek at Wikipedia (my MOST trusted source of info ), and discovered Stein is from, of all places....PITTSBURGH!!!
    So was Andy Warhol. (As he might've put it-- Soupçon, & I'm outa here!)

Go figgin' frigger, I mean friggin' finger, I mean...

Look at the bright side though--they both whirr sharp enough to beet feat long before the shutdown of the steal mills triggered the mane body of the Mullethead Diaspora...

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    I have no doubt that if Caldwell does the job we're expecting, Bisciotti will make it worth his while in the wallet to stick around. And he may want to stay where he's only answerable for the side of the ball he knows so well. But there's also the pull of redemption to consider--he might want a shot at demonstrating that he's a better HC than that last disastrous Manningless season showed.

I guess we'll just have to wait & see. Myself, I would gladly trade these sorts of questions at season's end for a bang-up year for Caldwell as OC.
    what do you mean, biscuit couldnt even afford an extra mil in 5 years thats why flacco contract fell apart, im sure caldwell is even less important...сарказм

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    what do you mean, biscuit couldnt even afford an extra mil in 5 years thats why flacco contract fell apart, im sure caldwell is even less important...сарказм
    Tiny difference, Igor: Coach payczechs NOT counting against :celery cap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    So was Andy Warhol. (As he might've put it-- Soupçon, & I'm outa here!)

Go figgin' frigger, I mean friggin' finger, I mean...

Look at the bright side though--they both whirr sharp enough to beet feat long before the shutdown of the steal mills triggered the mane body of the Mullethead Diaspora...
    Andy Warhol was a joke. The only good thing from his career was his involvement with the velvet underground, and that his death triggered the masterpiece album "Songs for Drella" that Lou Reed and John Cale collaborated on.

I mean, there are just SO SO SO many better artists than Warhol, better visionaries too. Baltimore being the birthplace of Edgar Allen Poe, a literary legend, is worth 50,000 Warhol's.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Andy Warhol was a joke. The only good thing from his career was his involvement with the velvet underground, and that his death triggered the masterpiece album "Songs for Drella" that Lou Reed and John Cale collaborated on.

I mean, there are just SO SO SO many better artists than Warhol, better visionaries too. Baltimore being the birthplace of Edgar Allen Poe, a literary legend, is worth 50,000 Warhol's.
    Boston is the birthplace of Edgar Allen Poe

A couple of NFL Network videos from training camp

Elvis Dumervil (There's a shot of Upshaw at walking next to McPhee at :49, McPhee looks almost like Upshaw should)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...s-of-a-feather

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Boston is the birthplace of Edgar Allen Poe
    Oops! Damn it. I just remember my dad telling me that he would eat near his grave in Baltimore during his medical residency. I associated him with Baltimore.

Oh well.

Oh, but if you want to hear what Warhol thought of Pittsburgh, listen to the song "Small town" by Lou Reed and John Cale.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    You can't honestly believe that whole "they balked at 1 million in year 6" thing can you?

There is no way they cared about 1 million dollars in a year he is never going to see. More likely it was 1 million in guaranteed money each year. If that was the case why did Joe turn down the rumored 6 year 90 mil deal just before the season?

Also like loba said, no cap for coaches, so you can pay whatever you want. Just look at the fact that DeCosta makes more than about 80% of NFL GM's as the second in command.