Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: America's Game

America's Game

Just found out the following - coming in late August:

"America’s Game: The Super Bowl Champions," an annual documentary series created by NFL Films, chronicles the Super Bowl winning season of the Baltimore Ravens with interviews from Joe Flacco, Ray Lewis and Coach John Harbaugh.

I know there was a question initially on who we thought they would interview...turns out it's Flacco, Lewis and Harbaugh.

There is a lottery to win tix to see the premiere at the Patricia & Art Modell Performing Arts Center at The Lyric. Visit http://www.baltimoreravens.com/raven...n_lottery.html for more info.

Re: America's Game

Has anyone else been a repeat interviewee other than Ray in the history of America's Game?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravcolt View Post
    Has anyone else been a repeat interviewee other than Ray in the history of America's Game?
    Tom Coughlin

Blog Entries

Interesting...the last one had 4 interviewees. Well, those 3 were basically locks. Hope they tuck a 4th one in there, someone like Jacoby Jones, Justin Tucker, or Dennis Pitta. Just would be fun to hear yet another angle on the SB run.

EDITED - Only the last one for the Giants had 4 speakers, kind've curious why they got a 4th...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    EDITED - Only the last one for the Giants had 4 speakers, kind've curious why they got a 4th...
    Quite a few of them have had four interviewees.

Blog Entries

This will be the 7th America's Game presented in "Real Time" (The year after the subject won the SB)...

Interesting notes:

1 - All 7 years, the winning QB has been a commentator.
    2 - 6 of the 7 feature the SB MVP, the only one that doesn't is the Steelers (The MVP was Santonio Holmes)
    3 - 6 of the 7 have representatives from the offense and the defense, the Colts one has Jeff Saturday and Manning, along with Coach Dungy
    4 - Eli Manning is a 2 time representative as a player, Coughlin is a 2 time rep as a coach
    5 - Bill Belichek has 3 rings, but was only interviewed for one America's Game, in 2004.

Also worthwhile to note that the 2000 America's Game featured the SB winning coach and SB MVP and winning QB, as commonly seen in the last 7 years.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Quite a few of them have had four interviewees.
    Ok 5 total....1 in "real time" (Series debuted in 2006, the 4 other than the Giants that had 4 were from 1970, 1977, 1978, and 1995)

Really excited to watch when it shows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

9. Re: America's Game

Flacco, Lewis, and Harbaugh is all well and good, but it's not very original. I kind of wish they'd thrown in someone else to give a different spin on it. Jacoby would have been absolutely perfect. Not sure why he wasn't chosen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by It's Pretty Cold View Post
    Flacco, Lewis, and Harbaugh is all well and good, but it's not very original. I kind of wish they'd thrown in someone else to give a different spin on it. Jacoby would have been absolutely perfect. Not sure why he wasn't chosen.
    As I pointed out, most of the recent ones have been

1. Head Coach
    2. SB MVP (Representing Offense or Defense)
    3. Representative of opposite unit

Joe was THE storyline for the offense in the postseason, and as both the QB and MVP, there was no way he wasn't going to be on there, apart from him declining it. Ray Lewis was the big story for the Defense. Only way you could get an alternate take in there would be if they let us have a 4th. There, I would focus really on Tucker, being that we arguably missed a SB the year before off our kicker, plus Tucker's storyline for the year was pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by It's Pretty Cold View Post
    Did you see the Kimmel interview? It was funny, but he doesn't seem like the right kind of personality for this type of series.

Also, Flacco and Harbaugh's stories are so essential to the overall story that I think they need to be there.

Yea I don't think JJ and America's Game mix. He is too much of a 'jokester' type for that show.

Instead of Ray, since he already did XXXV, they should have had Reed or Suggs IMO. Since Reed is gone (in addition to his capriciousness), I guess Suggs would have been best. Siz can be serious and grounded when he wants to, but also adds that comedic tone. But I can totally understand why they would pick Ray again. It'll be awesome.

If the Ravens wouldn't have won the SB this year (say they lost in AFCC again), they would have been a perfect candidate for one of the Missing Rings teams. 5 years in a row in playoffs. 3 AFC Championship appearances with the heartache of Evans and Cundiff last year...... (although the Ravens franchise did win XXXV so that might exclude them)

In general, wonder why they haven't expanded the MR series? My take is these shows are for franchises that haven't won a SB, so obviously Browns of 86 & Eagles of 04 should have had episodes. Other prime candidates are the Oilers of 78/79 (they were the 2nd best team in the NFL those years), or Titans of 99/00. Guess you could throw in Falcons of 98, Panthers of 03, Jags of 99 (great team and were in the playoffs from 96-99), & Cards of 08 (although a little bit fluky). Have I forgotten any?? Poor Lions fans. Closet thing they got to the SB was 91 and there was no chance they were gonna beat the Skins in the NFCC. (Texans are still relatively new)