Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA Tidbits

Re: OTA Tidbits

Haloti's doesn't look bad at all and Williams looks like a better shape Wilfork

I don't ever remember seeing Suggs look so trim. His stomach is flat.

A sign Upshaw lost weight is when he starts using his belt.

If that's juice it looks like he has power in his legs.

I'm anxious to hear about the WR's more than anything.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    after seeing pics of Ngata, I think Coleman is a bit fanatical. Haloti doesn't really look sloppy or anything.

Upshaw on the other hand...he might not want to stand next to Suggs...or Simon...or probably any of the LBs. He just looks mushy.
    Coleman is nuts. Ngata looks fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's John Simon in the pic next to Suggs, Juice is #40. I wonder if he'll go back to his college number of 44 now that Leach is gone.

Simon (47) looks like a friggin monster.

I suspect he may have Upshaw's reps before long.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    That's John Simon in the pic next to Suggs, Juice is #40. I wonder if he'll go back to his college number of 44 now that Leach is gone.
    I'd bet it's done by TC

Williams' arms are just...wow.

http://instagram.com/p/ab35j4p0-9/ (he's the one on the left)
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    upshaw comon mane..sizzle looks like he is in mid seasom form!!! is that juice?? boy is big!1
    #47 is John Simon.

Juice is #40
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    #47 is John Simon.

Juice is #40
    Simon looks like the weight lifting monster he's supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Two words

Jim Caldwell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep. They could be in midseason form by week 3. Can't wait to see what this offense looks like.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Two of the best NTs of the past ten years.
    And Brandon Williams, from my perspective, compares heavily (no pun intended) to these two guys.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Maybe Castillo has some influence too...

Really this is a group that knows each other well, missing Boldin and Leach but otherwise pretty much intact. Add some young WRs who want to make the team and know there's at least one spot open.
    Well, other than Birk, the OL is practically the same as it was last year after Caldwell took over. Has it ever been the same for Flacco 2 seasons in a row? I feel like there has been major upheaval along the OL every season.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.

Blog Entries

Big hopes for Simon. I think he could be a steal. He's a hard worker and sometimes that kind of hard work will outshine those with natural talent who aren't interested in putting in the sweat.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    They've said Suggs looks good, but he REALLY looks good. Upshaw? Ehhhh

I dont ever rememeber seeing suggs in such good shape. Great to see hes dedicated to getting back to dominating.

Upshaw upsets me. well see what camp brings but i can easily see Simon getting snaps and Upshaw playing more DE than OLB in his current state.
    -JAB

Moving Upshaw to DE wouldn't be terrible and MAN Simon looks like a beast!! Upshaw coming off the edge with his hand in the dirt would be fine and if it gets Simon and him on the field more it could be good. Upshaw will slim down during camp and be alright though. I am sure Suggs has already got in his ear about how it has hurt his performance over the years coming into camp out of shape.

Here are some notes from Day 1.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...4-d6d65f0a5b47

Dickson continues to impress

Tight end Ed Dickson says he wants to be more involved in the passing game this year, and he’s off to a great start during the offseason. He caught a number of passes during practice, including the highlight of the day, which was an impressive one-handed grab down the middle of the field. Dickson made the catch with safety James Ihedigbo in tight coverage, and he then outran everyone to the end zone for about a 50-yard touchdown.
    Recently-signed linebacker Daryl Smith also got right to work in his first practice. He took reps with the first team and he will likely compete for a starting job this season. Smith still has to learn the defense, but he was fluid in his movement and kept pace during his first practice in Baltimore. He showed no lingering signs of a groin injury that held him out of all but two games last season.
    Fullback Kyle Juszczyk put a big block on Smith to start off 11-on-11 drills. The rookie out of Harvard was the lead blocker for Rice on the play, and he delivered a hard-nosed hit on his new teammate. Not a bad way to make a statement now that Vonta Leach has been release and the rookie is the likely starter at fullback.
    Haven't heard a lot about Simon so this is good to hear/read.

Rookie outside linebacker John Simon has some pass-rushing prowess. The fourth-round pick showed off his motor on a number of plays and was able to get to the quarterback for sacks or to force quick throws.