Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 489

Thread: OTA Tidbits

  1. #136
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area
    Posts
    2,215

    Re: OTA Tidbits



    lob-
    Had to laugh --

    Hadn't thought about Stein for years, so I did a quick peek at Wikipedia (my MOST trusted source of info ), and discovered Stein is from, of all places....PITTSBURGH!!!

    On a more related note, I agree that Caldwell having success ought to bring him offers, and HC ones at that, although I think you and Spider make good arguments for him staying/leaving. And I agree, if Caldwell's offense awes this season, and hopefully a repeat SB win, I'd be ecstatic to see him grabbed up as the HC by another team (maybe just not in the AFCN! )




  2. #137
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    3,672
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OTA Tidbits

    Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Hadn't thought about Stein for years, so I did a quick peek at Wikipedia (my MOST trusted source of info ), and discovered Stein is from, of all places....PITTSBURGH!!!
    So was Andy Warhol. (As he might've put it-- Soupçon, & I'm outa here!)

    Go figgin' frigger, I mean friggin' finger, I mean...

    Look at the bright side though--they both whirr sharp enough to beet feat long before the shutdown of the steal mills triggered the mane body of the Mullethead Diaspora...




  3. #138
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: OTA Tidbits

    Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    I have no doubt that if Caldwell does the job we're expecting, Bisciotti will make it worth his while in the wallet to stick around. And he may want to stay where he's only answerable for the side of the ball he knows so well. But there's also the pull of redemption to consider--he might want a shot at demonstrating that he's a better HC than that last disastrous Manningless season showed.

    I guess we'll just have to wait & see. Myself, I would gladly trade these sorts of questions at season's end for a bang-up year for Caldwell as OC.
    what do you mean, biscuit couldnt even afford an extra mil in 5 years thats why flacco contract fell apart, im sure caldwell is even less important...сарказм




  4. #139
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    3,672
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OTA Tidbits

    Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    what do you mean, biscuit couldnt even afford an extra mil in 5 years thats why flacco contract fell apart, im sure caldwell is even less important...сарказм
    Tiny difference, Igor: Coach payczechs NOT counting against cap.




  5. #140
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,959
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OTA Tidbits

    Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    So was Andy Warhol. (As he might've put it-- Soupçon, & I'm outa here!)

    Go figgin' frigger, I mean friggin' finger, I mean...

    Look at the bright side though--they both whirr sharp enough to beet feat long before the shutdown of the steal mills triggered the mane body of the Mullethead Diaspora...
    Andy Warhol was a joke. The only good thing from his career was his involvement with the velvet underground, and that his death triggered the masterpiece album "Songs for Drella" that Lou Reed and John Cale collaborated on.

    I mean, there are just SO SO SO many better artists than Warhol, better visionaries too. Baltimore being the birthplace of Edgar Allen Poe, a literary legend, is worth 50,000 Warhol's.




  6. #141
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Parkville, MD
    Posts
    2,182

    Re: OTA Tidbits

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Andy Warhol was a joke. The only good thing from his career was his involvement with the velvet underground, and that his death triggered the masterpiece album "Songs for Drella" that Lou Reed and John Cale collaborated on.

    I mean, there are just SO SO SO many better artists than Warhol, better visionaries too. Baltimore being the birthplace of Edgar Allen Poe, a literary legend, is worth 50,000 Warhol's.
    Boston is the birthplace of Edgar Allen Poe




  7. #142

    Re: OTA Tidbits

    A couple of NFL Network videos from training camp

    Elvis Dumervil (There's a shot of Upshaw at walking next to McPhee at :49, McPhee looks almost like Upshaw should)

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...s-of-a-feather




  8. #143
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,959
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OTA Tidbits

    Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Boston is the birthplace of Edgar Allen Poe
    Oops! Damn it. I just remember my dad telling me that he would eat near his grave in Baltimore during his medical residency. I associated him with Baltimore.

    Oh well.

    Oh, but if you want to hear what Warhol thought of Pittsburgh, listen to the song "Small town" by Lou Reed and John Cale.




  9. #144
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    809

    Re: OTA Tidbits

    Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    what do you mean, biscuit couldnt even afford an extra mil in 5 years thats why flacco contract fell apart, im sure caldwell is even less important...сарказм
    You can't honestly believe that whole "they balked at 1 million in year 6" thing can you?

    There is no way they cared about 1 million dollars in a year he is never going to see. More likely it was 1 million in guaranteed money each year. If that was the case why did Joe turn down the rumored 6 year 90 mil deal just before the season?

    Also like loba said, no cap for coaches, so you can pay whatever you want. Just look at the fact that DeCosta makes more than about 80% of NFL GM's as the second in command.




  10. #145
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    1,976

    Re: OTA Tidbits

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Definitely like where Caldwell's head is at.
    let's enjoy Coach Caldwell while we can; I has a feeling he'll take his clipboard elsewhere (Dallas?) by this time next year.

    oops, I see several peoples already said that.

    thx to all the posters, I'm starting to get back into Football mood again!
    Last edited by sailorsam; 06-02-2013 at 01:58 PM. Reason: clarify
    Baltimore Ravens, 2012 NFL Champions!




  11. #146
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,946
    Blog Entries
    1
    No idea why some of you think Caldwell is HC material. He was horrible, couldn't even manage timeouts.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  12. #147
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    7,793

    Re: OTA Tidbits

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    No idea why some of you think Caldwell is HC material. He was horrible, couldn't even manage timeouts.
    Clock management was not exactly a John Harbaugh strength his first couple seasons either, but he seemed to turn out okay.




  13. #148
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    2,660

    Re: OTA Tidbits

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    A couple of NFL Network videos from training camp

    Elvis Dumervil (There's a shot of Upshaw at walking next to McPhee at :49, McPhee looks almost like Upshaw should)

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...s-of-a-feather
    Haha, they called Arthur Jones a 2013 2nd rd pick. After that everything sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher. I wonder if they even spoke to the correct players? pssh NFL Network indeed. Change their name to Posers TV.




  14. #149
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,946
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Clock management was not exactly a John Harbaugh strength his first couple seasons either, but he seemed to turn out okay.
    He won games.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  15. #150
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,849
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

    He won games.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kind of hard to win games when your star QB basically goes down for an entire season and you are left with Curtis Painter and Dan Orlovsky.

    I get where you are coming from, but had Peyton not gotten hurt, Caldwell may not have been replaced.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland