Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: According to "Millman", we will be 8th worse team in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    There must be 'cause my wife gets a delivery every morning after I leave for work... Bc
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

This is one opinion, and one that isn't widely shared.

Most every early-season predictions have the AFC as a 3 horse race between the Broncos, Ravens, and Patriots---- in that order with the Bengals/Texans/Colts/Dolphins a notch back.

I am not sure these pundits/experts are really considering the Cameron to Caldwell change in their analysis. They rarely, if ever, mention it, and they constantly talk about the Cameron 'stats' or performances when predicting the future. I realize that the sample size for Caldwell-led results is very small. And I also wouldn't dismiss people who claim they cannot be kept up over the long haul. But I don't think there is any way to claim we did not improve our team with the Cameron-to-Caldwell move.

I also agree that our schedule is tougher this year. And can admit that the loss of Ray Lewis' leadership could hurt. But these two possible factors are negated (and then some), by the Caldwell improvement.

As for personnel (talent, ignoring leadership), I don't think we are any worse than 2012. We are likely better on defense, and not quite as good on offense (obviously depending on who steps up or down, this could reverse.... Gino/Doss and Huff/Elam/ILB, etc).

I really do not see how anyone could really claim we will be any worse than last year, and last year we won "only" 10 games. I think we will win from 9-13 games in 2013, but 7 (6.97, lol) is pretty preposterous, imo.

I am guessing the Ravens will win 9-11 games. The two games I am unsure of the outcome are the Bears in Chicago and the Patriots in Baltimore.

If you split the season up into quarters:

I see the Ravens starting out 3-1 that loss will either come from the Broncos on the road or the Texans at home. Browns and Bills should definitely be Ws.

I could see the Ravens being 5-3 at the end of the first half of games. I think the Packers are really good and I always have the Ravens splitting home games with the Steelers, Dolphins should be a win and the Ravens always seem to win after their bye and that is when they go to Cleveland.

The next three out of four games are at home against the Bengals, Jets, and Steelers (WWW) and this is where that Bears trip is scheduled and that is why I have a ? for the outcome.

Playing the last 4 games of the season may make or break the Ravens. Vikings, @ Lions, Patriots, and @ Bengals I always predict splitting home games with the Bengals as well Vikings and Lions shouldn't be too tough, and this Patriots game is my second ?.

I don't find it too disrespectful that the bookies in Vegas are predicting an 8 win season, they may very well be right. Now it's time for the Ravens to go out and prove them wrong. Where can you bet on the over/under for team wins?

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Well who'd have thought after a 13-3 season they would go 5-11? It could happen. I don't see it, but it could. I sure didn't see the 5-11 follow up to the 13-3.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Our coaching staff is way too strong to let it happen, Joe Flacco is just too good, the Oline is solid, we still have a good running game with two very good RBs on the roster, and on paper we have a very solid defense again this year.
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...c-4510265ce88b
    Shhhhhh!!!!! Let's just keep all this stuff to ourselves.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Have to see it to believe it. Teams have to play the games in order to find out who is right or wrong. Millman?, was he on the Seinfeld show?

Tell me what Gregg Cosell says and then I'll start listening.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Tell me what Gregg Cosell says and then I'll start listening.
    Tell me what Howard Cosell says and then I'll start listening... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Never even heard of these guys, but they are refrenced in this article on the website. Vegas has us middle of the pack with 8.5-9 wins, while these guys have us at 6.5 wins! I'm getting so sick and tired of the national perception of this team, its almost always wrong. Ok we get it, we lost some good players (most were just too old to continue playing at a good level anyway), but I think this has to be the most overrated crop of FAs we've ever lost tbh. What we gained is IMO a upgrade to what we lost, the only concern to me is the chemistry that we may have lost, but even that wont be enough to make us THAT bad. Our coaching staff is way too strong to let it happen, Joe Flacco is just too good, the Oline is solid, we still have a good running game with two very good RBs on the roster, and on paper we have a very solid defense again this year. People need to start doing their jobs and actually research teams properly other than the New York Jets.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...c-4510265ce88b
    I can understand if people said the Ravens will suck because they lost Ray Lewis. Even if Ravens fans believe otherwise, there are a number of other rosters out there with really talented players, what they are missing are good coaches or a leader on their team. Ray Lewis was both for us, and might I add the best in the business. You can argue whether he was effective on the field purely as a player, but he makes everyone else great. I actually doubt we win the superbowl if Ray Lewis didn't announce retirement, as Rice said- they came together made that run for Ray.

On the other side, i just don't believe that we suck next year because we lost all those players. In all honesty, i really doubt we were the best team last year. I doubt we were even better than than the 49ers. Sometimes it just takes more than just great players to win a SB, it takes something extra. As far as pure talent is concerned- i am not going to say we got better, but we didn't get worse. I think Ed Reed is the biggest loss, and imo Michael Huff is a track star who sucks at football. But, we got better at OLB- Suggs healthy and Dumervill is a superstar compared to Kruger who is just a very good player. That move alone evens it out. We remain the same at MLB (it evens out because Brown will play better than older Lewis while McClain is worse than Ellerbe). If that wasn't enough we get better at NT -Ngata/Williams(because i really doubt anyone could be as bad as Kemo and Cody last year). We get better at DE with Canty. We get better at CB with Webb over Williams. There might be a chance we're bad with no Ray and Dean Pees sucking like usual, but it won't be because of the players we lost. Ozzie at worst managed to even it out while giving us a chance to grow and compete for another decade. And while Boldin is gone- he was likely gone in 1 yr anyway, and he wasn't used to his full potential as a Raven anyway (until the SB run). Im pretty sure other WRs can probably make up the same production by comittee.

The more the national media dis the Ravens - the better I like it!