Justice Dept Taps Phone of Fox News Reporter

Obama makes me sick to my stomach. Talk about abuse of power.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...e-records.html

He is trying to silence his detractors

They didn't "tap" phones, they gathered phone records. Still a crappy (and illegal, IMO) thing to do, but they were not tapping phones.

This goes hand and hand with the AP story and I am rather shocked not many other press organizations are pissed off about this and the AP issue.

The press is supposed to be the watchdog of the Govt, not the other way around.

Blog Entries

Re: Justice Dept Taps Phone of Fox News Reporter

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    They didn't "tap" phones, they gathered phone records. Still a crappy (and illegal, IMO) thing to do, but they were not tapping phones.

This goes hand and hand with the AP story and I am rather shocked not many other press organizations are pissed off about this and the AP issue.

I agree that the press SHOULD be doing that, but more often than not the press these days seem to be more of targeted attacks FROM the govt...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

The press is what put this current gov't in power. Is there any doubt whom Brian Williams voted for or the other news anchors of the major networks. The main stream drive-by media is always pro liberal and pro DEM.

Remember they didn't even cover Benghazi during the campaign. It just came about recently - after the eleciton. Had the press acted like this then, OBY
    might have lost the election but they protected him.

Been a long time since that was the case...they've traded their adversarial role and their objectivity for access, or just being able to hang with the cool crowds at cocktail parties.

What is really interesting is when the rare liberal journalist is true to their 4th estate responsibility and challenge the current government policies; they are attacked mercilessly: http://youtu.be/MB-itn_LJuM

The press is supposed to be the watchdog of the Govt, not the other way around
    I hope you're not just realizing this now. It has been this way for a long long time. Hell, Colbert made fun of this fact when he roasted George Bush back in 2006.

Dems support Dems, Reps support Reps. And people get screwed but all we do is just complain and complain.

On the other hand, I'm surprised anymore actually wanted to get phone records from Fox News. That's like trying fact-check a bedtime story book.

Also, does anyone even know whether the Justice Dept. is actually headed by the President and whether the President has any jurisdiction over it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    Also, does anyone even know whether the Justice Dept. is actually headed by the President and whether the President has any jurisdiction over it?
    Eric Holder is the head of the DoJ and is a cabinet appointee of the President.

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    I hope you're not just realizing this now. It has been this way for a long long time. Hell, Colbert made fun of this fact when he roasted George Bush back in 2006.

Dems support Dems, Reps support Reps. And people get screwed but all we do is just complain and complain.

On the other hand, I'm surprised anymore actually wanted to get phone records from Fox News. That's like trying fact-check a bedtime story book.

:grbac:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    :grbac: