Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Report: League to Move Draft to May, Change Start of League Year to Before Combine

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's their right to do it but it's important for the consumers of their product to realize that this is not done to put something better out there on the field. If this does happen we're going to hear all sorts of spin by the league making this sound like it was done for football reasons and not financial ones.
    I don't want to get into a Business 101 debate and bore everyone to tears. Lets just say I disagree with your general premise.

As for the topic at hand, I think savvy fans such as you and I know exactly why the league is doing it. I just don't understand why it's such a bad thing in some fans eyes.

Re: Report: League to Move Draft to May, Change Start of League Year to Before Combine

Next up Goodell will propose moving the NFL from play in fall/winter to spring/summer with games every night of the week. How about a 30 game schedule? How about games in Africa, Antarctica and on the moon in addition to London?

I've always thought it didn't make a lot of sense to have the draft after FA. Seems to me the draft should be first so you use FA to fill holes not addressed in the draft. But that said, I'm in the "whatever" camp.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

I'm okay with that...but could they PLEASE move it back to all day Saturday and Sunday? It seems to be more of an event and gain more eyes on a weekend. I used to enjoy going to draft parties or sitting around for the better part of a Saturday watching the goings on with a couple beers and some wings. With the current system, I'm usually knocked out by the later picks post 9:30/10p (where we typically are if Oz doesn't trade out) to prepare for work and I'm usually hitting the streets on a Friday night and the draft is an afterthought.
    "The Ravens could employ a war criminal and they would treat him like a f**king prince just because the rest of the world disapproved."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't want to get into a Business 101 debate and bore everyone to tears. Lets just say I disagree with your general premise.

As for the topic at hand, I think savvy fans such as you and I know exactly why the league is doing it. I just don't understand why it's such a bad thing in some fans eyes.
    What bugs me is the spin that will come out if this happens. I just wish the NFL would be honest. When they moved the draft to the current format and killed most of the draft parties the fans used to go to they tried to pass this off as a move to benefit fans. They should just come out and say that they want to increase ratings. My guess is that this will instead be presented as something to benefit the game but we'll have to wait and see since nothing is official yet.

So if the real reason is Radio Music City Hall is not available move the damn thing to an indoor stadium and then you could have 60K+ fans to watch the draft. And make a sheet ton more money than that crap hole in NY that we have to hear the stupid J E T S fking chant 40 freaking times. Just my 2 cents.

I would figure GREEDELL would be all over that!

4 days at 60K people hmmmmm :D

Dear Roger,

Quit fucking with the NFL.

Regards,

Dr. Unk

Trying to figure out this move? Repeat after me:

"It's not a sport; it's a business."

I believe that all of the tinkering will lead eventually to the Super Bowl being played on Presidents' Weekend. I truly think that's where it's headed.

Sent from my Verizon phone with the cracked screen using Tapatalk 2

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Blog Entries
    Pat Kirwan did a narrative on this today. He said that the extra time allows teams to bring in FAs and still visit pro days etc. right now there is sometimes a schedule conflict. Also it's a sneaky way to provide an entre to an 18 game season and play the SB on Presidents' Day weekend. Interesting perspective.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

I think if the NFL doesn't want future site conflicts and likes Radio City Music Hall as the venue for the draft, this makes perfect sense. Easter is a floating holiday and is never in May. Putting it there eliminates any future site conflict due to Easter shows at RCMH.

Blog Entries

Someday, they are going to fuck the golden goose. It's going to happen.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore