Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Take time in your relationships and pick them wisely.

Money doesn't fill the deeper voids in man.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...im-painkillers
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Take time in your relationships and pick them wisely.

Ex-fiance' says it all. He was trying a ploy that broken hearted men use when they are desperate to get a woman back. Most likely he'll be fine and move on.

Blog Entries

So much wrong with this story...

First off, he gave her the engagement ring, it's hers. He's not going to get reimbursed for it.
    Secondly, shouldn't his health related info be kept confidential?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

If I were a big time pro athlete, I would follow Derek Jeter's example. Date the hottest women that I could get (without getting anyone pregnant), but wait to get married until my playing career was over. That way, none of the money that I earned while playing would be community property. Mario got off easy. He should learn his lesson and not get married for another 5-7 years. As far as his health info, I don't know what is going on with that info being made public.

5. Re: Take time in your relationships and pick them wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    So much wrong with this story...

First off, he gave her the engagement ring, it's hers. He's not going to get reimbursed for it.
    Secondly, shouldn't his health related info be kept confidential?
    I went through this with my ex-fiancé. Technically the engagement ring is a promise. It's not technically her property yet. If he can prove she broke off the wedding he will get it back. That's why her counter argument is that he broke off the wedding. In which case she gets to keep it. It all depends on who the judge believes. I got my ring back just in case you were wondering :)

Blog Entries

Why would any woman want to keep the ring of a man who proposed to her, before breaking it off?

By the way, does anyone think relationship issues messed with Williams' head last season? The cat wasn't the same. He was back in the system that best suited him and still couldn't produce.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I still say #1 - he gave her the ring, it's hers now. and #2 - putting those text messages out to the public was wrong

Be glad you got away cheap Mario, move on and don't get married!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

That's true. You can't be deeply involved with someone, only to start asking for things back.

9. Re: Take time in your relationships and pick them wisely.

The article doesn't really mention what started the fallout in their relationship, so I couldn't really judge. But the fact that he put a ring on her finger means that he was pretty serious. Maybe she wasn't, maybe she's just a money grubbing whore, who knows. But if I put a ring on a woman's finger and she does something cruddy, like say bang another guy while the ring I put on her finger is still there, yeah I want my ring back. I'm not wasting my money on someone I thought I loved. There's a million reasons a relationship ends, but if she was the one who broke it off, he deserves the ring back. That ring is a promise to get married. Not a gift to dump my ass and get a close to a million dollar ring.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerTripper View Post
    The article doesn't really mention what started the fallout in their relationship, so I couldn't really judge. But the fact that he put a ring on her finger means that he was pretty serious. Maybe she wasn't, maybe she's just a money grubbing whore, who knows. But if I put a ring on a woman's finger and she does something cruddy, like say bang another guy while the ring I put on her finger is still there, yeah I want my ring back. I'm not wasting my money on someone I thought I loved. There's a million reasons a relationship ends, but if she was the one who broke it off, he deserves the ring back. That ring is a promise to get married. Not a gift to dump my ass and get a close to a million dollar ring.
    :word

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    If I were a big time pro athlete, I would follow Derek Jeter's example. Date the hottest women that I could get (without getting anyone pregnant), but wait to get married until my playing career was over. That way, none of the money that I earned while playing would be community property. Mario got off easy. He should learn his lesson and not get married for another 5-7 years. As far as his health info, I don't know what is going on with that info being made public.
    Jeter is a smart man. He knows how to play the system. Plus you know he's banging the hottest chicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PowerTripper View Post
    I went through this with my ex-fiancé. Technically the engagement ring is a promise. It's not technically her property yet. If he can prove she broke off the wedding he will get it back. That's why her counter argument is that he broke off the wedding. In which case she gets to keep it. It all depends on who the judge believes. I got my ring back just in case you were wondering :)
    I'd heard that unless the ring was given on a traditionally gift giving day (Christmas, Birthday, or other) that you should be able to get the ring back in the case of a broken engagement.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!