Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: NFL.com ranking QBs?

Quote Originally Posted by Bl1tz View Post
    Failcons fans taking pride in opinions, nothing new. When your QB continuously gets hyped and can't deliver, you have to resort to some form of twisted reality to mask your pain

bt12483 embarrassed an entire board in the previous thread, from looking at his first response, he has their souls burning again
    they are a stubborn bunch.

I obviously have waaay too much time on my hands lol.

I just wanted to smear a little dirt on their golden boy who can do no wrong in their eyes.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post

I just wanted to smear a little dirt on their golden boy who can do no wrong in their eyes.

well done!

:respect

Same. I had to indulge, but I just couldn't bare it anymore. They're pathetic. What a deprived fanbase

Blog Entries

I enjoyed your posts. Clearly, their fans are delusional. I like how they try to pull numbers from Flacco's first few playoff games, but they don't count the recent playoff games like the one where he won a Super Bowl... lol freaking idiots.

iggyman555 Guest

lol these guys are tools someone actually said we have a better overall WR core than falcons. lmao

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    lol these guys are tools someone actually said we have a better overall WR core than falcons. lmao
    Takes a special kind of stupid to make that statement.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Just reading that thread makes me so mad.

I posted this in another thread. This stat alone would make anybody who actually thinks about statistics critically think twice. These games account for more than a third of your season.

2012 team defensive rankings:

#1 - Pittsburgh
    #6 - Cincinnati
    #23 Cleveland

#10 Carolina
    #29 Tampa Bay
    #32 New Orleans
    "Chin up, chest out."

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Bravo good sir! If only you could make a trip to Bristol and do the same thing to those tongue bathers up there. Especially Matt Hasselback's little brother.

Wow, Falcon fans are delusional idiots.

I don't think there are too many people outside of Atlanta at this point that would take Ryan over Flacco. Except maybe Skip Bayliss, Jamie Dukes and a few other of the talking heads that have ball washed him from day one.

Flacco vs Ryan debate... classic. Well here's my take:

I think that Ryan is a great QB and definitely underrated. Right now, I'll even admit that he is a better passer than Flacco. Now, would I choose Ryan over Flacco? H e (double hockey sticks) no. I'm a ride or die Flacco fan and see that his upside is tremendous and he worked in a system with Cam Cameron (or Poison Cam as a refer to him) who stunted his development for several years.

Both guys when they came into the league were brought on teams with good running games and defenses (especially Flacco) where they were told to just not drop the snap and hand the ball off. It's interesting that before Ryan got Julio Jones, Ryan's and Flacco's numbers were:
    Flacco (10,260 yds, 62%, 60 tds, 34 int, 32-16 record) vs. Ryan (10,061 yds, 62%, 66 tds 34 int, 33-15 record)

Now, obviously Ryan's numbers across the board 9with the exception of INTs thrown) are better than Flacco's.
    Flacco: 60.5 % - 17,633 yards - 102 TDs - 56 INTs - 86.3 Passer Rating
    Ryan: 62.7% - 18,957 yards - 127TDs - 60INTs - 90.9 Passer Rating

The only part of Flacco's game that is superior to Ryan's is the postseason: It's not even close.
    Ryan: 1-4 record, 1230 yds, 9 td 7 int, made playoffs 4/5 years, made 1 NFCCCG
    Flacco: 9-4 record, 2672 yds, 19 tds 8 int, made playoffs and won at least 1 game every year, made 3 AFCCG, 1 ring,1 SB MVP.

Another thing that people do not realize is that both of these QBs are very young, they have only played for five seasons. For me, I am going to wait to see Flacco play a bit more before I judge him harshly. He still has time to improve which I think he will. I have a feeling that in this coming season, Flacco may settle this debate once and for all.
    Last edited by shana; 05-18-2013 at 08:58 AM. Reason: typo

Re: Falcons Board still debating Flacco vs. Ryan as if it made any difference at all.

Haha its a no win argument. The best thing about this is that when the media likes to crown a player with obvious limitations, it usually does not work. I heard this best from Greg Cosell before about QBs like Ryan. When a player is limited physically, they surround the player with an extraordinary amount of talent.

See Exhibit A Matt Ryan. Two all world WRs that would make Torrey Smith a #3 most likely in their system. A HoF TE and in an offense tailored for him to gain yds. He's a good player made to look better with whom he passes to. Made a little easier is that he plays in a dome (eliminating a large portion of element games) and doesn't face top 10 defenses regularly (not his fault, but he gets exposed in those games).

Exhibit B - Andy Dalton. Coming out they knew that arm strength would be an issue and they have surrounded him with arguably more talent than Ryan. He plays in a division with elements, so they gave him a top 5 WR (probably top 3) who is basically 6-5 and now two TEs that should be playing power forward in the NBA due to their size. Throws are made easier when *edit because wife stopped me in the middle of a thought* your pass catchers have a ridiculous catch radius to go along with height.

Exhibit C -Joe Flacco. He probably has arm strength that is unmatched by 98% of the league. Because of this, he isn't required to be surrounded by extreme talent at WR or TE, just good talent. He has the arm strength to make the players around him better, just for the reason that the Pats don't chase extreme WR talent. When you can make all of the throws no matter the weather, teams can concentrate their drafting and FA signings elsewhere. It's not that the Ravens would not like to surround Flacco with extreme talent like the other players I named, its just that they don't have too due to his ability and can focus on other positions first when drafting and signing FAs. All in all this make his accomplishments all the more amazing.

Flacco may never get the love outside of Baltimore, but that's ok. He can just keep winning championships. I have a feeling that he will get maybe two more. He's really really good in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Stealthbirds80; 05-18-2013 at 11:49 AM.