Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Pollard all but says he has a grudge with Harbaugh...

The plot thickens...

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/0...-in-baltimore/

* - This was mentioned on PFT, which is where I got my inflections below from. Can't listen to the interview right now

Notes:

1. Said he would NOT be attending the White House visit
    2. Said he would celebrate with his teammates all day
    3. Praised Bisciotti and Ozzie
    4. Said he just "doesn't want to be in the room with certain people"

So, if it's not any of his teammates, and it's not Ozzie or Bisciotti...only two guys I could imagine would be Harbaugh or Pees.

Well, in any case, this makes me miss him less.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: Pollard all but says he has a grudge with Harbaugh...

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    The plot thickens...

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/0...-in-baltimore/

* - This was mentioned on PFT, which is where I got my inflections below from. Can't listen to the interview right now

Notes:

1. Said he would NOT be attending the White House visit
    2. Said he would celebrate with his teammates all day
    3. Praised Bisciotti and Ozzie
    4. Said he just "doesn't want to be in the room with certain people"

So, if it's not any of his teammates, and it's not Ozzie or Bisciotti...only two guys I could imagine would be Harbaugh or Pees.

Well, in any case, this makes me miss him less.
    I could care less.

Good riddance to guys who can never look in the mirror. As the PFT article said, 4 teams in 8 years...soon to be 5 in 9 after he finishes this year with the Titans. Teams don't cut good players with positive attitudes at the rate he's been getting cut. Something...form your own conclusions...is wrong with either his play or his attitude.

Makes me dislike him even more.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Just tells me more and more that he wasn't cut for performance issues, but because he clashed with Harbaugh. I will miss him as a player, but he obviously didn't respect the coaches.

He's not a good enough player to be able to be a pain in his coaches ass.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

And to Pollard I say:

It's usually easy for me to root for former Ravens, I could care less about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He's not a good enough player to be able to be a pain in his coaches ass.
    That's probably it. I still think that Pollard was cut primarily for performance reasons because, no matter how entertaining he was, he just wasn't a good cover safety and he drew a lot of penalties. The Ravens went after Huff pretty quickly and clearly coveted Elam, so I think the plan all along was to get much faster at safety, and that meant jettisoning Pollard. To the extent he's a pain in the ass, it certainly didn't help his case to stay any...and this just made him come off as a wee bit of an asshole as well.

Blog Entries

btw, I didn't link the PFT article, but Florio said he thought ultimately the Ravens may be in the right, referencing over the top behavior and outspokeness, along with the 3 teams in 4 years line.

Just a note for any of the posters on here who constantly talk about the Florio/PFT Ravens hate...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

A rookie Head Coach shepherds his team to 5 consecutive playoff berths, 3 AFCC games, and a Super Bowl victory. All the while learning, growing, and maturing with his team. He has a great relationship with ownership, GM, the fans, and the media. At the same time his team is poised for another long run in 2013. I think I'd trust his judgement over Pollard's grudge... Bc

Blog Entries

Pollard is a type of player that's becoming extinct in the NFL. He's basically a linebacker playing safety. I loved his big hits, but you gotta have safeties that can cover nowadays with all these freak tight ends and quarterbacks that can run and just all the high powered passing offenses.

This doesn't change my opinion at all. I liked Pollard while he was here. I was surprised he was cut.

Steve Davis is nothing but a shit stirrer. Making comments like "publically the Ravens say it was a cap move, but privately they say they have issues with you" Wouldn't you get defensive if asked that same question? And he keeps egging him on about a "bitter taste".

Dude just accomplished the ultimate goal of his career. A month or so later, finds out he's not going to come back to play with the teammates that he formed bonds with, and needs to go find another employer. He's going to watch several of his friends and teammates celebrate together then go out and try to repeat. But he's now with a team where he doesn't have those same friendships, and doesn't have the same chances of success that he left. I get where he's coming from.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Pollard is a type of player that's becoming extinct in the NFL. He's basically a linebacker playing safety. I loved his big hits, but you gotta have safeties that can cover nowadays with all these freak tight ends and quarterbacks that can run and just all the high powered passing offenses.
    This is the main reason the Titans wanted him. They were pretty open about feeling that their D wasn't feared and was a little soft. They wanted to add a couple of hitters who could change the attitude, and of course they brought in Greg Williams. I hope Pollard sticks in TN but given the climate and coaches hot seat, I kind of doubt it. They signed him to a one year deal for a reason.

And on a personal note, he is only hurting himself by refusing to go to the White House etc and having the celebration of the championship he was part of. I would like to see him take the high road despite the way he feels.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I agree he wasn't cut for performance or salary cap reasons.
    I liked Pollard. I was mad he was cut.

Fast forward to now, and I think we are better at the safety position then we would have been if we retained Reed and Pollard.

Overall victory, so I'm not so upset that Harbs is clearing out the loudmouths. Still not super happy about his methods, but with the results I'll call it acceptable.