Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Re: M&T Among League's Best

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    I'll give you that it is a subjective topic, but similar to Kiss?:grbac:
    In the way that audiences do not realize how bad their music is. They just see famous guys with no talent up there performing. I can't explain it fully.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimorebred View Post
    In the way that audiences do not realize how bad their music is. They just see famous guys with no talent up there performing. I can't explain it fully.
    I'm with you all the way. I'd say bunch Lil Wayne in there with them too. As "artists" that people listen to without actually hearing them.

Edit: Since this thread has morfed from stadiums to musicians, it's time to get it out of the 24x7 Ravens discussions.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpiderWebb View Post
    I'm with you all the way. I'd say bunch Lil Wayne in there with them too. As "artists" that people listen to without actually hearing them.
    Finally someone agrees with me!

Blog Entries

I L'ed OL

Oh and U2 is absolutely terrible. The Edge or whatever his name is has to be the worst professional guitar player out there.
    I can attest with personal experience that Chad Kroeger of Nickelback is arguably the worst professional guitarist out there. What's worse is he thinks he is really good.

The Edge is a decent rhythm guitarist. He fits what their style is and he has always made good use of his digital processors, flange effects, reverb, and chorus effects. I dont particularly care for U2 (and I am old enough to have heard plenty of their music), but to say they have no talent is a bit misguided.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Watching Lil'Wayne with an electric guitar may be one of the most comically sad images I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Watching Lil'Wayne with an electric guitar may be one of the most comically sad images I have ever seen.

That was a strange sight indeed. you know?

Being the resident U2 uber fanboy, I feel the need (now that this thread is deemed off topic) to defend my boys a little ....

To say they're not talented is just silly. These are four poor kids who were basically self taught up until the period between Rattle & Hum and Achtung Baby. Let that sink in for a second. They made one of the best selling albums of all time on raw, untrained talent then followed it up with what some folks in the music business to be the best album ever made by anyone.

The Edge is one of the best guitarists to ever play. That's not me saying it. That's people in the industry saying it. Not many guitarists can lay claim to their own sound -- maybe a half dozen or so -- but he managed to do just that.

Point being, you may not like their music, style, etc and that's fine. But to throw aside the talent is a silly stance. You don't have 35+ years of success by faking it or getting by with no talent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Being the resident U2 uber fanboy, I feel the need (now that this thread is deemed off topic) to defend my boys a little ....

To say they're not talented is just silly. These are four poor kids who were basically self taught up until the period between Rattle & Hum and Achtung Baby. Let that sink in for a second. They made one of the best selling albums of all time on raw, untrained talent then followed it up with what some folks in the music business to be the best album ever made by anyone.

The Edge is one of the best guitarists to ever play. That's not me saying it. That's people in the industry saying it. Not many guitarists can lay claim to their own sound -- maybe a half dozen or so -- but he managed to do just that.

Point being, you may not like their music, style, etc and that's fine. But to throw aside the talent is a silly stance. You don't have 35+ years of success by faking it or getting by with no talent.

Blog Entries

I dont know HR, Lars Ulrich has done a pretty good job of it. :D

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I dont know HR, Lars Ulrich has done a pretty good job of it. :D
    LOL ... poor Lars gets no love

One does not need talent in order to be successful; they just need suckers to purchase their music.