Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 85 to 96 of 106
  1. #85

    Re: M&T Among League's Best



    Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    I'll give you that it is a subjective topic, but similar to Kiss?
    In the way that audiences do not realize how bad their music is. They just see famous guys with no talent up there performing. I can't explain it fully.




  2. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    809

    Re: M&T Among League's Best

    Quote Originally Posted by baltimorebred View Post
    In the way that audiences do not realize how bad their music is. They just see famous guys with no talent up there performing. I can't explain it fully.
    I'm with you all the way. I'd say bunch Lil Wayne in there with them too. As "artists" that people listen to without actually hearing them.




  3. #87

    Re: M&T Among League's Best

    Edit: Since this thread has morfed from stadiums to musicians, it's time to get it out of the 24x7 Ravens discussions.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  4. #88

    Re: M&T Among League's Best

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpiderWebb View Post
    I'm with you all the way. I'd say bunch Lil Wayne in there with them too. As "artists" that people listen to without actually hearing them.
    Finally someone agrees with me!




  5. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,344
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpiderWebb View Post

    I L'ed OL

    Oh and U2 is absolutely terrible. The Edge or whatever his name is has to be the worst professional guitar player out there.
    I can attest with personal experience that Chad Kroeger of Nickelback is arguably the worst professional guitarist out there. What's worse is he thinks he is really good.

    The Edge is a decent rhythm guitarist. He fits what their style is and he has always made good use of his digital processors, flange effects, reverb, and chorus effects. I dont particularly care for U2 (and I am old enough to have heard plenty of their music), but to say they have no talent is a bit misguided.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  6. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,344
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpiderWebb View Post

    I'm with you all the way. I'd say bunch Lil Wayne in there with them too. As "artists" that people listen to without actually hearing them.
    Watching Lil'Wayne with an electric guitar may be one of the most comically sad images I have ever seen.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  7. #91

    Re: M&T Among League's Best

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Watching Lil'Wayne with an electric guitar may be one of the most comically sad images I have ever seen.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    That was a strange sight indeed. you know?




  8. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,359

    Re: M&T Among League's Best

    Being the resident U2 uber fanboy, I feel the need (now that this thread is deemed off topic) to defend my boys a little ....

    To say they're not talented is just silly. These are four poor kids who were basically self taught up until the period between Rattle & Hum and Achtung Baby. Let that sink in for a second. They made one of the best selling albums of all time on raw, untrained talent then followed it up with what some folks in the music business to be the best album ever made by anyone.

    The Edge is one of the best guitarists to ever play. That's not me saying it. That's people in the industry saying it. Not many guitarists can lay claim to their own sound -- maybe a half dozen or so -- but he managed to do just that.

    Point being, you may not like their music, style, etc and that's fine. But to throw aside the talent is a silly stance. You don't have 35+ years of success by faking it or getting by with no talent.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #93
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: M&T Among League's Best

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Being the resident U2 uber fanboy, I feel the need (now that this thread is deemed off topic) to defend my boys a little ....

    To say they're not talented is just silly. These are four poor kids who were basically self taught up until the period between Rattle & Hum and Achtung Baby. Let that sink in for a second. They made one of the best selling albums of all time on raw, untrained talent then followed it up with what some folks in the music business to be the best album ever made by anyone.

    The Edge is one of the best guitarists to ever play. That's not me saying it. That's people in the industry saying it. Not many guitarists can lay claim to their own sound -- maybe a half dozen or so -- but he managed to do just that.

    Point being, you may not like their music, style, etc and that's fine. But to throw aside the talent is a silly stance. You don't have 35+ years of success by faking it or getting by with no talent.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  10. #94
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,344
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: M&T Among League's Best

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Point being, you may not like their music, style, etc and that's fine. But to throw aside the talent is a silly stance. You don't have 35+ years of success by faking it or getting by with no talent.
    I dont know HR, Lars Ulrich has done a pretty good job of it.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  11. #95
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,359

    Re: M&T Among League's Best

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I dont know HR, Lars Ulrich has done a pretty good job of it.
    LOL ... poor Lars gets no love
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  12. #96

    Re: M&T Among League's Best

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Being the resident U2 uber fanboy, I feel the need (now that this thread is deemed off topic) to defend my boys a little ....

    To say they're not talented is just silly. These are four poor kids who were basically self taught up until the period between Rattle & Hum and Achtung Baby. Let that sink in for a second. They made one of the best selling albums of all time on raw, untrained talent then followed it up with what some folks in the music business to be the best album ever made by anyone.

    The Edge is one of the best guitarists to ever play. That's not me saying it. That's people in the industry saying it. Not many guitarists can lay claim to their own sound -- maybe a half dozen or so -- but he managed to do just that.

    Point being, you may not like their music, style, etc and that's fine. But to throw aside the talent is a silly stance. You don't have 35+ years of success by faking it or getting by with no talent.
    One does not need talent in order to be successful; they just need suckers to purchase their music.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland