Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Increased mobile phone coverage...I know it is only a few days out of the year...but on those days the mobile towers get slammed and nobody around me can get very good coverage.
    Agreed.

I think that issue will be solved with added WiFi.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Re: M&T Among League's Best

I should have added in the article that the cell-signal is BRUTAL. Hopefully this issue gets better because the more we go, the bigger the online-world becomes involved in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    How about an out of town scoreboard that actually WORKS and is kept in real time
    Good suggestion. A lot of times I'm checking my smartphone trying to see the scores of other games that effect our division or playoff standings.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It would be nice to be able to get in and out of the men's room without missing so much of the game. Just build a long piss trough down the wall and forget about urinals.
    Or as I have seen at some sports bars, small TVs located on the walls above the urinals. If you can't make the lines shorter, at least make viewing the game possible while waiting for bladder relief.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    Or as I have seen at some sports bars, small TVs located on the walls above the urinals. If you can't make the lines shorter, at least make viewing the game possible while waiting for bladder relief.
    I disagree . That would make it even longer for the guy in front of you to move out because he'd want to see the end of the play. There'd be a bunch of extra shakes. Besides there'sprobably something basically wrong with watching football while your dik is in your hand lol.
    If you break the rules you can't make the rules.
    - Remove Coach Tomlin from the NFL Competition committee.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    and that is why they have elevators...
    You still have to walk up the stairs to your seat.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    You still have to walk up the stairs to your seat.
    If you have a legit medical condition, they'll seat you in the handicapped access seats.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Reliant has better site lines. - HR

well played
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Better team intro song.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

lower ticket prices would be nice

Was the intent of this article to provoke another discussion about the M&T facility, or was it to discuss the Ravens game day experience?

The Ravens game-day is unequivocally one of the tops in the league. The crowds at most other NFL stadiums are relatively meek compared to ours. Our crowd's intimidation of opposing teams has been a Baltimore tradition since the Colts of the late 50s onward. ("Outdoor Insane Asylum"). This is not related to the stadium design -- we don't even have a partial roof like Cincy or Cleveland, much less a partial dome as in Seattle, to reverberate crowd noised. Our tailgating, Ravens Walk, the Band marching down Eutaw Promenade, the pregame march-on of the colors, "Proud to be an American", " 'Oh!' say can you see", Ray Lewis' dance etc. feed the crowd to build up the noise and intimidation of enemy QBs. Opposing teams last year voted our stadium the toughest in the NFL to play in, and the Ravens extraordinary home record has to have been at least partially aided by the Ravens crowd.

The M&T facility itself, however, is a different story. The article barely touched on the facility. The author made the statement " The stadium is great as it is now, but these new additions could help M&T Bank Stadium rise even higher on this coming year’s list.", but didn't back it up. As a facility (brick & mortar & concession stands & urinals & HDTVs etc), ours is a facility which is reaching mid-life in the short life expectancy of the 31 NFL stadiums. As a facility, I would place it about 16th-20th of the 31 NFL stadiums, ahead of Oakland, SF (soon to be replaced in Santa Clara), San Diego, Miami, Jax, Chicago, Green Bay (no upper deck). On a par with other open air stadiums built in the 90s: Landover, Charlotte, Nashville, Philly, Pitt, the Ohios. There are minor discriminators among these (as pointed out above: escalators, non-fantasy out-of-town scoreboards). No major discriminators. Behind Buffalo and KC, which have older stadiums but better site lines.

As to stadium location, Baltimore's is among the best. Only a few others can compete with our stadium for their great locations: There is only one New Orleans - no one should ever confuse South Baltimore with the French Quarter. Similarly, Nashville's stadium is a short walk across the river on a footbridge to the honky-tonks of Broadway. Jax is just a few hundred feet from the St John River and a short walk to their downtown. Other urban stadiums are in shit-hole cities of the Rust Belt. The rest of the NFL cities are too detached from the core cities to my liking.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Was the intent of this article to provoke another discussion about the M&T facility, or was it to discuss the Ravens game day experience?

The Ravens game-day is unequivocally one of the tops in the league. The crowds at most other NFL stadiums are relatively meek compared to ours. Our crowd's intimidation of opposing teams has been a Baltimore tradition since the Colts of the late 50s onward. ("Outdoor Insane Asylum"). This is not related to the stadium design -- we don't even have a partial roof like Cincy or Cleveland, much less a partial dome as in Seattle, to reverberate crowd noised. Our tailgating, Ravens Walk, the Band marching down Eutaw Promenade, the pregame march-on of the colors, "Proud to be an American", " 'Oh!' say can you see", Ray Lewis' dance etc. feed the crowd to build up the noise and intimidation of enemy QBs. Opposing teams last year voted our stadium the toughest in the NFL to play in, and the Ravens extraordinary home record has to have been at least partially aided by the Ravens crowd.

The M&T facility itself, however, is a different story. The article barely touched on the facility. The author made the statement " The stadium is great as it is now, but these new additions could help M&T Bank Stadium rise even higher on this coming year’s list.", but didn't back it up. As a facility (brick & mortar & concession stands & urinals & HDTVs etc), ours is a facility which is reaching mid-life in the short life expectancy of the 31 NFL stadiums. As a facility, I would place it about 16th-20th of the 31 NFL stadiums, ahead of Oakland, SF (soon to be replaced in Santa Clara), San Diego, Miami, Jax, Chicago, Green Bay (no upper deck). On a par with other open air stadiums built in the 90s: Landover, Charlotte, Nashville, Philly, Pitt, the Ohios. There are minor discriminators among these (as pointed out above: escalators, non-fantasy out-of-town scoreboards). No major discriminators. Behind Buffalo and KC, which have older stadiums but better site lines.

As to stadium location, Baltimore's is among the best. Only a few others can compete with our stadium for their great locations: There is only one New Orleans - no one should ever confuse South Baltimore with the French Quarter. Similarly, Nashville's stadium is a short walk across the river on a footbridge to the honky-tonks of Broadway. Jax is just a few hundred feet from the St John River and a short walk to their downtown. Other urban stadiums are in shit-hole cities of the Rust Belt. The rest of the NFL cities are too detached from the core cities to my liking.
    While the Super Dome and LP Field are nothing special, I love the location and ability to walk around New Orleans and Nashville, which are significantly more appealing than Baltimore.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Cue the requests for escalators and getting rid of fantasy stats on the boards.
    Cue the requests for escalators and getting rid of fantasy stats on the boards. MistaTYellsAtCloud.JPG

Fixed.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by baltimorebred View Post
    If people are to lazy to walk up a ramp, then they need to lose weight.
    If you have bad knees even thin people can't do ramps or stairs.

The elevators are not nearly sufficient for those needing help. My dad went with me in 2000 for the SD game when we clinched the playoff spot. He was in pretty good shape but no way could climb that much. The elevator was like a 20-30 minute wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    If you have bad knees even thin people can't do ramps or stairs.

The elevators are not nearly sufficient for those needing help. My dad went with me in 2000 for the SD game when we clinched the playoff spot. He was in pretty good shape but no way could climb that much. The elevator was like a 20-30 minute wait.
    You cannot please everyone. If you are not able to climb or whatever, then do not complain. No one is making you go to the games. I know I am being harsh, but people might have to learn.