Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    Sat down next to Jim McMahon at the Clevelander in Miami Beach about 10 years ago. We drank beers for about an hour, talking very little football - I coudl tell it was a subject he didn't want to touch. Laid back, cool guy though.

A handful of the Orioles used to hang out at what was then Parrot Island in the mid to late 90s. Took a leak next to Norm Charlton once, and I swear his shake got my lower leg wet. Scott Erikson walked around with the blankest stare like he didn't know what day it was.

A few days after the epic O's-Yankees fight, though, saw Alan Mills there, and I said "Hey, you punched out Daryl Strawberry" and he said "damn right" and gave me a high five.
    I love that punch still to this day.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Best and Worst Interactions with NFL Players?

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I love that punch still to this day.

Was that in 96?

Quote Originally Posted by baltimorebred View Post
    Was that in 96?
    96 or 97 I think?

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    96 or 97 I think?

gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    My sister died of leukemia in the early 1980's. My family used to have a bull roast for a few years before and after her death to raise money for St. Jude's children's research hospital. Joe Ehrman came by one year and had autographed footballs from the Colts that he gave us to have as prizes for the wheels or as door prizes. I remember him being a very large guy and his fingers were gargantuan. When I shook his hand as a 10 or 11 year old boy I was blown away. He could see the look on my face and he said "That's what your fingers look like when you have broken every one of them many times." When you are a kid and think about broken bones you think it's the worst pain possible, to think about doing it repeatedly, well, that was crazy talk.
    I know this was a while ago but I am very sorry for your loss. I've always had a lot of respect for you so I wanted you to know that.

Joe Ehrman if I am correct is a minister and by all accounts a great human being.

Met David Wells and Bobby Bonilla at Parrot Island when they were with the team. Wells was throwing around $20 bills as tips and Bonilla had a cigar about 10" long. Wells was a little stiff but Bonilla was a fun guy.

Met Brooks Robinson at a Crown station for a book signing around 1977. Nicest man you'd ever want to meet.

Met Glenn Doughty (Colts WR) in an elevator around 1981. He was very quiet, didn't want to talk.

Saw Torrey Smith a few weeks ago at the spring festival. He's a nice guy as well, big smile.

Met coach Harbaugh a couple weeks ago, very pleasant guy.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Met David Wells and Bobby Bonilla at Parrot Island when they were with the team. Wells was throwing around $20 bills as tips and Bonilla had a cigar about 10" long. Wells was a little stiff but Bonilla was a fun guy.

Met Brooks Robinson at a Crown station for a book signing around 1977. Nicest man you'd ever want to meet.

Met Glenn Doughty (Colts WR) in an elevator around 1981. He was very quiet, didn't want to talk.

Saw Torrey Smith a few weeks ago at the spring festival. He's a nice guy as well, big smile.

Met coach Harbaugh a couple weeks ago, very pleasant guy.
    How is Brooksie so nice? I want to know

I've never met him myself but pretty much everyone, famous or not, says he is one of the nicest people they have ever met. More like your favorite uncle/grandfather than one of the greatest baseball players of all time.

Was that in 96?
    I am thinking it was 97. And yes, that was epic. Mills laid him the eff out.

Better than the Bart Scott hit?

If you are talking about the huge brawl started by Armando Benitez hitting Tito Martinez with a pitch, that was 1998.

He treated me and my brother like a member of his family. He looks you in the eye, smiles, asks how you are and seems interested in you as a person. You walk away from him better than you were before.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012