Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Best and Worst Interactions with NFL Players?

Like Scott, Barry Levinson sent emails to all the Nests once. He said he was working on a new
    film about the Baltimore Colts and wanted to talk to any old Colts fans to discuss their memories.

Damn, I was laid up in the hospital with my leg broken in 3 places and had an infection so I couldn't participate.

The movie turned out to be THE BAND THAT NEVER DIED and 2 members of the Ravens Nests made it in the movie with their recollections.

You can search for it on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Like Scott, Barry Levinson sent emails to all the Nests once. He said he was working on a new
    film about the Baltimore Colts and wanted to talk to any old Colts fans to discuss their memories.

Damn, I was laid up in the hospital with my leg broken in 3 places and had an infection so I couldn't participate.

The movie turned out to be THE BAND THAT NEVER DIED and 2 members of the Ravens Nests made it in the movie with their recollections.

You can search for it on Netflix.
    ESPN 30 for 30 has some great documentaries, that one in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I think Burnett's hit on Akili Smith in 2000 was more violent. I still can't believe he didn't fumble the ball.
    The good ole days.

My sister died of leukemia in the early 1980's. My family used to have a bull roast for a few years before and after her death to raise money for St. Jude's children's research hospital. Joe Ehrman came by one year and had autographed footballs from the Colts that he gave us to have as prizes for the wheels or as door prizes. I remember him being a very large guy and his fingers were gargantuan. When I shook his hand as a 10 or 11 year old boy I was blown away. He could see the look on my face and he said "That's what your fingers look like when you have broken every one of them many times." When you are a kid and think about broken bones you think it's the worst pain possible, to think about doing it repeatedly, well, that was crazy talk.
    Last edited by HKusp; 05-28-2013 at 05:57 PM.

My friends have a Dewey beach summer share...apparently Jah Reid hung out there this past weekend! Heard he's a nice guy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    My friends have a Dewey beach summer share...apparently Jah Reid hung out there this past weekend! Heard he's a nice guy.

Super Bowl Champoon Jah Reid. What was he like?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baltimorebred View Post
    Super Bowl Champoon Jah Reid. What was he like?
    never seen a guy bump his own thread so many times. You doing research or something?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Sat down next to Jim McMahon at the Clevelander in Miami Beach about 10 years ago. We drank beers for about an hour, talking very little football - I coudl tell it was a subject he didn't want to touch. Laid back, cool guy though.

A handful of the Orioles used to hang out at what was then Parrot Island in the mid to late 90s. Took a leak next to Norm Charlton once, and I swear his shake got my lower leg wet. Scott Erikson walked around with the blankest stare like he didn't know what day it was.

A few days after the epic O's-Yankees fight, though, saw Alan Mills there, and I said "Hey, you punched out Daryl Strawberry" and he said "damn right" and gave me a high five.

Not an NFL player and a pretty unique situation obviously, but Cal was a total douche to me. I was maybe 12-13, and his niece? second cousin-inlaw? or something? (I think his mom and Cal's wife were cousins) was my girlfriend. Well, we had gotten into a big fight(verbal) in school a few weeks before and both ended up suspended over it. Guess he heard about it and was pre-disposed to hating me. Needless to say I went home autographless. Oh well, sure if I saw him today he wouldn't remember me and he'd be a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    Sat down next to Jim McMahon at the Clevelander in Miami Beach about 10 years ago. We drank beers for about an hour, talking very little football - I coudl tell it was a subject he didn't want to touch. Laid back, cool guy though.

A handful of the Orioles used to hang out at what was then Parrot Island in the mid to late 90s. Took a leak next to Norm Charlton once, and I swear his shake got my lower leg wet. Scott Erikson walked around with the blankest stare like he didn't know what day it was.

A few days after the epic O's-Yankees fight, though, saw Alan Mills there, and I said "Hey, you punched out Daryl Strawberry" and he said "damn right" and gave me a high five.
    Oh the good ole days when the O's had good pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    never seen a guy bump his own thread so many times. You doing research or something?
    I wasn't there sadly, but all accounts were that he was very chill, and a BIG DUDE

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    I wasn't there sadly, but all accounts were that he was very chill, and a BIG DUDE

That's good to know. I'm glad our players are friendly unlike the Steelers.