Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: Best and Worst Interactions with NFL Players?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I met Muresan in the mid 90's. Andre I saw in the early 80's. He used to live in Stamford, CT which is where the headquarters of the WWE, WWF back then, is. I had a cousin in Stamford and we would go to the local mall when I visited him. There was big man/tall man shop there and we used to see a lot of wrestlers go there. Andre was at the mall with a small group who kept everyone away. I saw Hulk Hogan once, who was a complete dick to some kids who asked for an autograph. I also saw one of Wild Samoans and Bob Backland.

Backland was great with kids. He talked to us about staying active and getting involved with any kind of sports. That guy was ahead of his time.
    That reminds me of something back in my 20's.

This was at the height of the WCW v. WWF feud and I went with some friends to the Arena to see a WWF house show. The New Age Outlaws had just finished up a match and Road Dogg made an announcement that he would be at Cancun Cantina later that night. Well, we went straight there and sure as hell, he showed up with Billy Gunn, Triple H, Chyna and Al Snow of all people.

You think football players get ass? These guys were getting boy band ass. There wasn't a chick there that wasn't grasping for their attention.

They were also cool to the guys, answering their questions, taking pics, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He was with his wife, pulled the car up and then started trying to drag their suitcases out through a manual open door. He was clearly struggling so I asked if I can assist and he wouldn't even look at me. Just acted if I wasnt there. I said 'happy to hold the door for you' and he was clearly annoyed.

I guess he gets harassed for autographs and such but he just came off like a real ass. I let him struggle with the bags while I just watched with my arms folded.

OT - that night Charles Barkley was at the bar drinking Coronas. He had us in stitches; what a comedian. He said he was on his way to Phoenix and a blonde girl says "maybe I could go with you". He just looked down his nose and said "I don't think so". He was awesome.
    That's disappointing to hear about Musberger. Any other bad experiences?

After the Broncos game a couple years back (the one where Webb ran back the 2nd half KO) I sat close to where the players' lot is. So after the game I go out and wait for the players to come out. I got a couple guys to sign a team photo. Stood face to face with Ray and I was surprised that he was actually about eye level with me but way way more built. Anyways Willis McGahee comes by, signs something for me and a girl standing next to me. She says "Willis, if you ever have any jewelry you want to get rid of feel free to donate it to me" and he then responds back in a sarcastic but funny tone "Donate!?!?!". Everyone that heard the exchange cracked up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by baltimorebred View Post
    That's disappointing to hear about Musberger. Any other bad experiences?
    It wasn't really a bad experience

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Wrestlers...I have met a BUNCH of them. I was a bouncer for 6 years in Atlanta. I used to work out at Main Event Fitness. It was owned by Sting and Lex Luger. I met Diamond Dallas Paige-really cool. Scott Steiner many times. Sometimes cool, sometimes not. Saturn was usually a tool. The guy I was most excited to meet was T.S. Michael Hayes. He was the only one I approached ever and was all excited and giddy about meeting. he was very gracious and nice.

Buff Bagwell was a total dickhead every single time I ever interacted with him. He used to always start shit in the bar I worked at. I almost fought him once when I wasn't working. It actually is a funny story.

I was in the bar I worked at, but had the night off after a rugby game with most of my rugby team. I was kind of an enforcer on the team, meaning if someone on the other team was being a tool and cheap shotting people, the team captains would approach me in game and tell me the number and I would make sure he paid a price for it. So the president of the club comes to me in the bar and says he needs help with some guys hassling him. I asked him what they were doing. He tells me that they took his hat off and when he protested, one of them knocks his beer out of his hand and says some shit. So he came to get me. We walk through the bar and they had left.

He says lets go look for them and we go outside. Sure enough, they are out in the parking lot walking away. He points them out and I am like, "Fuck, thats Marcus Bagwell." Now, I am not small, 6'"3 and 250-265 depending how fat I am at any given time. Back then however, I was much leaner and carried less muscle from all the running involved in rugby, so I am about 205-210 and Bagwell is juiced up, easily 260 and all muscle. He is with his roommate a guy named Mike Vogel who is much smaller but still jacked up. I caught up with them in the middle of an intersection and yelled at them to stop. Buff says " What do you want?" And gets up in my face a little. Now, keep in mind that we are standing in the middle of 2 small streets on one of the first really nice warm nights in the spring and there are tons of people in the street watching what is happening. I said "I want you to apologize to him." He says "For what?" And I reply "You know what." He kind of smirks, bows up to me a little more and and asks me "Do you know who I am?" I say " Yeah I know who you are, but you don't know who I am. I'm the skinny kid who's going to kick your ass in front of all these people." Buff gets this nervous look on his face because he doesn't know what to do with me. He is used to people backing down from him and there are hundreds of witnesses.

Now here is the funny part. His room mate cuts in front of me and, I shit you not, he he gets really animated, puffs his chest up, points at Buff with both index fingers and says " THIS IS A VOLCANO, YOU DO NOT WANT TO ERRUPT!!!!" I back up a little and look over at him and say " Are you serious? This isn't TV man, this is for real." I could not believe he said it. He must have really been into fake wrestling. It was crazy.

Right about then a couple more guys from the team show up, and they start getting between me and Buff and Buff starts talking shit. "Yeah, you need your friends to save you." I push through my friends and get back up in his face and I say "No man, YOU need my friends to save YOU. I am gonna fuck you up in front of everyone." He has no idea what to do with me at this point. So he walks over to my friend, the one who he messed with originally, and shakes his hand and says he's sorry. So he walks away and I am like "Whew....I almost got fucked up." ;)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    That reminds me of something back in my 20's.

This was at the height of the WCW v. WWF feud and I went with some friends to the Arena to see a WWF house show. The New Age Outlaws had just finished up a match and Road Dogg made an announcement that he would be at Cancun Cantina later that night. Well, we went straight there and sure as hell, he showed up with Billy Gunn, Triple H, Chyna and Al Snow of all people.

You think football players get ass? These guys were getting boy band ass. There wasn't a chick there that wasn't grasping for their attention.

They were also cool to the guys, answering their questions, taking pics, etc.
    The attitude era were the days when you could announce shit like that. There is no way in hell a Wrestler would get away with telling everyone that in this day and age. Go to an average house show these days and you will be hard pressed to find a 20+ year old male who isn't with his kid.

Was Chyna really that big up close back then? She was stacked.

I had an interesting run in at BWI on Monday night this past week.

I was waiting for a flight in the B terminal and I went in the men's room. Standing at the urinal (I know, TMI) and in walks Brian Billick. He slides into the stall next to mine and he's wearing sunglasses like he's some kind of movie star trying to be discreet. All I could think of was that maybe the shades were for the glow produced by whatever was in his "briefcase". *cue the Pulp Fiction soundtrack*

Anyway, we end up at the sink at the same time and I just said, "Hey coach, where ya headed this evening?" He mumbled something about heading to Florida and you could tell he wasn't interested in conversing with a random Ravens fan in the airport bathroom. He proceeded to walk out and sat at the gate adjacent to mine. He got all pissy when he realized that his flight was delayed and got equally irritated when someone took his picture.

I know people have had pleasant run-ins with BB before, but I guess he wasn't in the mood to be bothered on Monday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The attitude era were the days when you could announce shit like that. There is no way in hell a Wrestler would get away with telling everyone that in this day and age. Go to an average house show these days and you will be hard pressed to find a 20+ year old male who isn't with his kid.

Was Chyna really that big up close back then? She was stacked.
    We saw her sitting down but from the looks of it, she was as advertised.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Wrestlers...I have met a BUNCH of them. I was a bouncer for 6 years in Atlanta. I used to work out at Main Event Fitness. It was owned by Sting and Lex Luger. I met Diamond Dallas Paige-really cool. Scott Steiner many times. Sometimes cool, sometimes not. Saturn was usually a tool. The guy I was most excited to meet was T.S. Michael Hayes. He was the only one I approached ever and was all excited and giddy about meeting. he was very gracious and nice.

Buff Bagwell was a total dickhead every single time I ever interacted with him. He used to always start shit in the bar I worked at. I almost fought him once when I wasn't working. It actually is a funny story.

I was in the bar I worked at, but had the night off after a rugby game with most of my rugby team. I was kind of an enforcer on the team, meaning if someone on the other team was being a tool and cheap shotting people, the team captains would approach me in game and tell me the number and I would make sure he paid a price for it. So the president of the club comes to me in the bar and says he needs help with some guys hassling him. I asked him what they were doing. He tells me that they took his hat off and when he protested, one of them knocks his beer out of his hand and says some shit. So he came to get me. We walk through the bar and they had left.

He says lets go look for them and we go outside. Sure enough, they are out in the parking lot walking away. He points them out and I am like, "Fuck, thats Marcus Bagwell." Now, I am not small, 6'"3 and 250-265 depending how fat I am at any given time. Back then however, I was much leaner and carried less muscle from all the running involved in rugby, so I am about 205-210 and Bagwell is juiced up, easily 260 and all muscle. He is with his roommate a guy named Mike Vogel who is much smaller but still jacked up. I caught up with them in the middle of an intersection and yelled at them to stop. Buff says " What do you want?" And gets up in my face a little. Now, keep in mind that we are standing in the middle of 2 small streets on one of the first really nice warm nights in the spring and there are tons of people in the street watching what is happening. I said "I want you to apologize to him." He says "For what?" And I reply "You know what." He kind of smirks, bows up to me a little more and and asks me "Do you know who I am?" I say " Yeah I know who you are, but you don't know who I am. I'm the skinny kid who's going to kick your ass in front of all these people." Buff gets this nervous look on his face because he doesn't know what to do with me. He is used to people backing down from him and there are hundreds of witnesses.

Now here is the funny part. His room mate cuts in front of me and, I shit you not, he he gets really animated, puffs his chest up, points at Buff with both index fingers and says " THIS IS A VOLCANO, YOU DO NOT WANT TO ERRUPT!!!!" I back up a little and look over at him and say " Are you serious? This isn't TV man, this is for real." I could not believe he said it. He must have really been into fake wrestling. It was crazy.

Right about then a couple more guys from the team show up, and they start getting between me and Buff and Buff starts talking shit. "Yeah, you need your friends to save you." I push through my friends and get back up in his face and I say "No man, YOU need my friends to save YOU. I am gonna fuck you up in front of everyone." He has no idea what to do with me at this point. So he walks over to my friend, the one who he messed with originally, and shakes his hand and says he's sorry. So he walks away and I am like "Whew....I almost got fucked up." ;)
    Great story. Funny how the minor guys are the ones with the attitude. Bagwell was a joke compared to Michael Hayes or Sting. Bagwell is probably in some 5th rate league and will never sniff the big time again.

I worked at Food Lion a two summers ago on the truck and stocking shelves. One day I'm working the aisles and I see Bart Scott. At first I didn't believe it was him because he didn't look THAT big. Obviously he's huge, but he didn't look "NFL big". Anyway, it was 2011 so the Jets were coming into M&T that following year for a Sunday night game. I told him that he was one of my favorite players, but that I absolutely hated the Jets. I told him to expect a loss week 4, but to have a healthy season. He was with his wife and two kids so I didn't ask for a picture and he shook my hand, told me that he appreciated the kind words and that if I went to the game to find him. He was genuine and a really nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    I worked at Food Lion a two summers ago on the truck and stocking shelves. One day I'm working the aisles and I see Bart Scott. At first I didn't believe it was him because he didn't look THAT big. Obviously he's huge, but he didn't look "NFL big". Anyway, it was 2011 so the Jets were coming into M&T that following year for a Sunday night game. I told him that he was one of my favorite players, but that I absolutely hated the Jets. I told him to expect a loss week 4, but to have a healthy season. He was with his wife and two kids so I didn't ask for a picture and he shook my hand, told me that he appreciated the kind words and that if I went to the game to find him. He was genuine and a really nice guy.
    Bart Scott will be always be one of my favorite players because of how nice he is.

Blog Entries

Remember his famous hit on Big Jen. He said it was the hardest he ever was hit.
    So much for size.

So what happened to him in NY. Like one of the articles said logging on to this forum
    he was one of the many players that didn't do as well when he left Ravens.

Here it is. It's one of the biggest hits in Ravens history. Looks like he pulls a stunt
    and moves to his left around the entire o-line and goes in un-touched.

Everyone loved Bart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZoDDYkoKi4