Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Lunch with John Harbaugh

Great write up. I echo Harb's sentiment about surprising people this year. On paper we are a better team. Addition by subtraction.
    I like Harb's mindset on that goal line stand. Ballsy.

Great write up, Camden. I love the honesty of our front office and coach. We may not always find out the reasons for why certain decisions are being made at the time they are made, but eventually the truth comes out. As a fan, I feel so blessed to have the Baltimore Ravens as our football team and I pray we will always have the strong front office management we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Did he say anything about slot receiver? Moving Pitta or Rice in there some according to
    rumors we're hearing.

SF was definitely uptight in the first half of the game and then at the end and Jim is
    still whining. He seems like a prick to me.

There was a thread on another board that Billick wrote a book after the SB but HARBs
    goes back to working hard. They all write books and make tons speaking. What did
    HARBs get for speaking - $30,000? I know Billick was getting between $30,000-$100,000
    pr speech. He spoke before a group of businessmen and quoted his daughter as saying
    after SB35 - we just got a ton of money didn't we dad?

They all do. I know people who win Toastmasters contests and quite their jobs
    for public speaking and earn that much.
    Really? How much can they make each year?

Excellent report Camden. Really well done.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baltimorebred View Post
    Really? How much can they make each year?
    I know former players like Tom Matte go over seas a lot to give speeches to corporations.
    He'll get something like $30,000 or more and get all expenses paid including hotel,
    food and air plus booze.

A good speaker in demand can make as much as $100,000 pr speach. That's what former
    presidents and guys like Rush Limbaugh make - starting off. Someone like me with a
    Toastmasters background of 10 yrs could start around $30,000 pr speech, if I could get a
    gig. I never could but did some stand-up comedy acts at some clubs. Gigs included a
    compilation of humorous speech contests I won including the International contest. My
    sharks speech has people laughing before I say a word and everyone laughs their asses
    off at my story of getting involved with some real witches but I didn't know they were
    witches until it was too late. I met the witches at a witches convention at the HOliday Inn
    in Timonium back in the 90s. I was line dancing in their Nashville bar and the witches
    came in. I was the only guy in he place who didn't know they were witches-lol. The
    convention was next door in their huge ballroom.

I know an Army doc who got $30,000 pr speech on the college circuit in addition to
    his Army pension and salary as head of Penn State's Preventive Medicine Dept.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 05-16-2013 at 05:57 PM.

I know former players like Tom Matte go over seas a lot to give speeches to corporations.
    He'll get something like $30,000 or more and get all expenses paid including hotel,
    food and air plus booze.

A good speaker in demand can make as much as $100,000 pr speach. That's what former
    presidents and guys like Rush Limbaugh make - starting off. Someone like me with a
    Toastmasters background of 10 yrs could start around $30,000 pr speech, if I could get a
    gig. I never could but did some stand-up comedy acts at some clubs. Gigs included a
    compilation of humorous speech contests I won including the International contest. My
    sharks speech has people laughing before I say a word and everyone laughs their asses
    off at my story of getting involved with some real witches but I didn't know they were
    witches until it was too late. I met the witches at a witches convention at the HOliday Inn
    in Timonium back in the 90s. I was line dancing in their Nashville bar and the witches
    came in. I was the only guy in he place who didn't know they were witches-lol. The
    convention was next door in their huge ballroom.

I know an Army doc who got $30,000 pr speech on the college circuit in addition to
    his Army pension and salary as head of Penn State's Preventive Medicine Dept.
    How did you get involved with Toastmaster's and how does one find gigs?

Blog Entries

Toastmasters has a website and so do the local chapters. They're in the phone book.

My supervisor got me to join and she paid for it because (unlike Pollard-lol) I was afraid to speak up at meetings.

She had to know what I knew about the job. When I won my first contest she gave me a
    $100 cash award in front of the entire office. It was at APG where they have 2 big chapters.
    Fallston has a chapter or used to and so did Edgewood.

It's a great way to build up your confidence and move up in the business world. They will
    teach you everything, even how to make view graphs.

I sent copies of my gig to clubs all the up to New Jersey. I always got a reply.

Blog Entries

Here you go, man.

Just click on link and type in your zip code and you will get a club nearest you.

http://reports.toastmasters.org/findaclub/

Back to HARBs, I don't think he got $30,000 for speaking at a luncheon but he sure got
    something. Nest 1 used to pay the players $300 or more to speak to us. They used to do
    it for free and then they got greedy.

Back to HARBs, I don't think he got $30,000 for speaking at a luncheon but he sure got something. Nest 1 used to pay the players $300 or more to speak to us. They used to do it for free and then they got greedy.
    The company that set up this appearance said that they do this up and down the east coast in all the NFL cities and use current and retired players and coaches. They did one recently with Phil Simms. The guy said with a pained face that John was the most expensive. I'm sure they paid five figures (for 1.5 hours).

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

WOW - Like Billick's daughter said after SB 35, we just got a lot of money didn't we dad?

HARBs will make even more when his book comes out and he goes around the country
    promoting it next off season. He's about out of time now with mini camps coming up.

WOW - Like Billick's daughter said after SB 35, we just got a lot of money didn't we dad?

HARBs will make even more when his book comes out and he goes around the country
    promoting it next off season. He's about out of time now with mini camps coming up.
    It's been said numerous times in the thread.

The book isn't his. He just wrote the foreword.

I read Purple Reign when it came out (and still have my copy kicking around in a box somewhere in my house).

Nestor is who he is, and of course the writing has a little bit of his flavor in it, but I REALLY enjoyed it, and it had a lot of great little bits that I probably never would have known otherwise. It's been a long while, so I couldn't point to specific examples (now that I've typed that, I will likely go try to dig it up and re-read), but even if you dislike Nestor (I don't mind him) you'll enjoy the book.

I will definitely be getting the 2nd one.