Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Available ILB's per Rotoworld

I'll wait and see what the Raven coaches decide, it's time to see a new ILB develop the way #52 did. A young ILB to grow with the team and we're set for years. Aren't Suggs and Ngata the oldest this year, having a young defense is not a real bad problem to deal with.

Larry Grant had a solid stretch of games 2 years back but he's suspended for the first 4 games of the year.

I would go with Nick Barnett or Daryl Smith.

Blog Entries

Nobody worth bringing in. I'd rather go with one of our guys like McClain (if healthy, big if), Bynes, McClellan, Carr.

Honestly why not run with what you have and see if anything shakes out as rosters set and cuts are made.

Nobody on that list jumps out. Grant if not suspended might have been worth a gander.

Frankly I would not be shocked if Hall could become the kind of 2 down guy that Rolando was likely going to be. Might not work out but the kid is athletic and deserves a shot over any of those has beens IMO
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Larry Grant and Takeo Spikes are the only 2 names that are even mildly interesting, in my opinion. I would guess none of them will be brought in, but luckily for us the F.O. has a much larger knowledge base to work from on these matters.

Blog Entries

Both Spikes and Ulracher have publicly dissed the Ravens through the media, they can take a hike. Nobody there is really any good apart from Dansby who signed with the Cards anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think McClellan is going to start next to Art Brown now.
    This.

Although many of you are feel fine with the guys we have behind McClain and Brown, like Bynes and Carr, im just not sure they will bring a lot of competition to the position. If you want them to battle for a job, then the Ravens should add some experienced vets. I thought McClain was average to begin with, but will he even play at that level coming off a serious injury?

Some guys missing on the list:
    Daryl Smith- great player in his prime, and i think he still has something left in the tank. He is coming off a groin injury which isnt really a big deal

Nick Barnett- never thought he was a great player. But he is still a good choice for a back up/competition.

Will Witherspoon - a great player, even when he was getting old. Don't know what he has left but i think hes a decent option.

Barrett Ruud - this guy was one of my favorite LBs early his career on the Bucs. Don't really understand why his skills have got worse, maybe the Ravens can help him get back to his old self.

If it was up to me, i would go with Urlacher. Obviously hes old, coming off an injury, and isn't the same urlacher, but if there was one other linebacker in the NFL that can fill Ray's leadership role- that guy was urlacher, and he just happens to be a FA just when we lost Ray.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by justifythegame View Post
    Although many of you are feel fine with the guys we have behind McClain and Brown, like Bynes and Carr, im just not sure they will bring a lot of competition to the position. If you want them to battle for a job, then the Ravens should add some experienced vets. I thought McClain was average to begin with, but will he even play at that level coming off a serious injury?

Some guys missing on the list:
    Daryl Smith- great player in his prime, and i think he still has something left in the tank. He is coming off a groin injury which isnt really a big deal

Nick Barnett- never thought he was a great player. But he is still a good choice for a back up/competition.

Will Witherspoon - a great player, even when he was getting old. Don't know what he has left but i think hes a decent option.

Barrett Ruud - this guy was one of my favorite LBs early his career on the Bucs. Don't really understand why his skills have got worse, maybe the Ravens can help him get back to his old self.

If it was up to me, i would go with Urlacher. Obviously hes old, coming off an injury, and isn't the same urlacher, but if there was one other linebacker in the NFL that can fill Ray's leadership role- that guy was urlacher, and he just happens to be a FA just when we lost Ray.
    Daryl Smith is an interesting option. I know he's been making the rounds this offseason but hasn't found any takers. It could be because he's still not 100%. I like the player though.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think McClellan is going to start next to Art Brown now.
    I hope you're right. I am a big McClellan fan and was disappointed he wasn't going to have a good chance to play with the depth we acquired. Hopefully he makes the most of the opportunity

I would much rather let our guys fight it out then sign any of these guys.

I agree that we are likely going with what we have.

I also agree that just in case we wanted to add someone, Daryl Smith would be at the top of the list.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.