Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Available ILB's per Rotoworld

Now that McClain has decided to hang 'em up, here's the current list of ILB's on the market .....

Karlos Dansby
    Brian Urlacher
    Bart Scott
    Bradie James
    Larry Grant
    Takeo Spikes
    Keith Brooking
    E.J. Henderson
    Paris Lenon
    Rob Francois
    Mike Peterson
    Channing Crowder
    Brandon Siler
    Barrett Ruud
    Tavares Gooden

Excuse me while I yawn a lot ....

The only thing that jumps out at me is Urlacher. Maybe he's had a sufficient amount of humble pie and will bring his price down.

Thoughts?

Dansby signed with the Cards

They have McClain, McClellan, Carr, Bynes and Hall 3 of whom have starting experience. They might just stick with who they have.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Re: Available ILB's per Rotoworld

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Now that McClain has decided to hang 'em up, here's the current list of ILB's on the market .....

Karlos Dansby
    Brian Urlacher
    Bart Scott
    Bradie James
    Larry Grant
    Takeo Spikes
    Keith Brooking
    E.J. Henderson
    Paris Lenon
    Rob Francois
    Mike Peterson
    Channing Crowder
    Brandon Siler
    Barrett Ruud
    Tavares Gooden

Excuse me while I yawn a lot ....

The only thing that jumps out at me is Urlacher. Maybe he's had a sufficient amount of humble pie and will bring his price down.

Thoughts?
    Cross off Dansby, he's a Cardinal
    Cross of Bart Scott...lol.
    I was pretty sure Nick Barnett was still available. He's probably more an OLB in the mold of Arthur Brown?
    EJ Henderson could be intriguing, but outside of him and Urlacher, no one else of note.

So basically, the better choice would be to let Hall, J McClain, Carr, Bynes, and McClellan duke it out. I vote the duke it out with current guys option.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Dansby signed with the Cardinals so he's off the market. And I think Crowder retired.

Pretty bad list. I will say that Bart was a good 2 down LB and was really good at crashing the OL and taking up Blockers for the other ILB to clean up.

But I think the team is going to roll with what they have. They should have maybe taken a shot at a guy like Reddick late, or brought in a guy that wasn't drafted...it looks like they didn't bring in a single ILB in the undrafted class.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

at htis point, with Arthur Brown on the roster, unless Jameel won't be able to play at all this year, we are fine. Bynes/McLellan can even hold hte fort down as the thumper for the year, btu would leave us thin. Jameel, even if on PuP and seemingly available after week 6 to add to the mix is fine with me.

Tat sad, Crowder, and especially Ruud could fill in admirably just the same.

Blog Entries

I figure we go into camp with the youth we have. see if somebody steps up and sign a late cut vet if we arent confident. really there wasnt much out there before mcclain signed so this doesnt really change anything since he was only a high risk low reward type signing to begin with.
    -JAB

What about Ray? :p

Jokes aside, see what happens in training camp with the current set of guys and if it's a disaster, see if any vets get cut from elsewhere.

Blog Entries

Urlacher the last couple of years was just used to blitz inside so their OLBs could get sacks. He has no legs left to cover and was only used in a Tampa2 type role there. He's not a fit here and has no legs IMO.

I like the youth on the team and there will probably be another pickup or two when cuts start.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I think McClellan is going to start next to Art Brown now.

Blog Entries
    Larry Grant is interesting to me.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Why not bring Tavares Gooden back? Is he that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Why not bring Tavares Gooden back? Is he that bad?
    Yes.