Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: IRS Auditing Scandal

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    They had subpoena power over Holder too and that didn't do any good. He still
    hasn't turned over everything they asked for.

DEMs will circle their wagons around OBY just like they did with Holder.
    You can take that to the bank!

Blog Entries

At least they take care of their own. I respect that more than our pussies in the GOP.
    Boner can't get them to do nutten. McCain already said he won't take any action
    vs OBY.

He's the biggest pussy of them all and why I voted Libertarian.

They had subpoena power over Holder too and that didn't do any good. He still
    hasn't turned over everything they asked for.

DEMs will circle their wagons around OBY just like they did with Holder.
    Holder wasn't subpoenaed. He has to testify anytime he's called since he's a cabinet head.

And of course they're going to circle the wagons. The GOP does the same thing when one of their own gets in trouble.

No Newt.
    I'm really disappointed still that Newt wasn't the Republican candidate for president in '12... I think he may have had a good chance at winning the white house and ridding of us of the marxist tyrant Dictator.

Blog Entries

Yea, me too Jon.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 05-18-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Holder wasn't subpoenaed. He has to testify anytime he's called since he's a cabinet head.
    The Congressional over sight committee subpoenaed his records. That's what they wanted and
    he refused to turn thousands of pages over to them.

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, led by Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., has filed a civil contempt of Congress lawsuit against Attorney General Eric Holder in an effort to enforce a subpoena to obtain internal Justice Department memos about the botched ATF Fast and Furious gun-trafficking operation.

At Holder’s request, the White House invoked executive privilege in June on the information that Rep. Issa’s committee subpoenaed seeking internal DOJ documents after drafting a Feb. 4, 2011, letter to Congress that contained inaccurate information about operations at the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms.
    “The Attorney General’s conception of the reach of ‘Executive privilege,’ were it to be accepted, would cripple congressional oversight of Executive branch agencies, to the very great detriment of the Nation and our constitutional structure,” the lawsuit filed Monday morning at the U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., asserted.
    “The Committee asks this Court to reject the Attorney General’s assertion of ‘Executive privilege’ and order him forthwith to comply with the Committee’s subpoena.”
    The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee and Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa., have been investigating the gun trafficking operation that resulted in the ATF Phoenix Field Office’s losing track of about 2,000 guns.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 05-18-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Trap, at least poach a relevant article. We aren't even talking about documents nor have any been subpoenaed yet.

Holder has to testify at the pleasure of the two oversight committees.

Blog Entries

I'm taking about an example from the recent past where subpoenaes didn't get the documents
    Congress wanted. They even filed a civil contempt of Congress lawsuit vs him in the guns case.

The IRS case is just started and is still un-folding.

has filed a civil contempt of Congress lawsuit against Attorney General Eric Holder in an effort to enforce a subpoena to obtain internal Justice Department memos about the botched ATF Fast and Furious gun-trafficking operation.

I enclosed the quote to show it wasn't mine and it was an article, but Here's the full ABC NEWS link on fast and furious since you're so furious. My proof obviously struck a nerve-lol.

The next time I'll post the link first so you don't get bent out of shape.

Geesh.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...t-and-furious/

My point is that records he was responsible were subpoenaed and they didn't do any good.

Let's see what he doesn't give him this time as the case un-folds.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 05-18-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Blog Entries

And of course they're going to circle the wagons. The GOP does the same thing when one of their own gets in trouble.
    Not as much as the DEMs. The GOP gave up on Nixon pretty fast whe the tapes came out. The
    DEMs stuck with Clinton til the end even after the cum-stained dress surfaced and even after
    he lied on TV saying he didn't have an affair. The dress proved it and they still stuck
    with him. Dick's boys abandoned him. A president can be impeached for a misdemeanor like
    mis-conduct or anything Congress votes on.

Nixon was removed. Clinton wasn't because he guys took care of him. H Bush was the RNC
    chair and recently said on TV he sent Nixon a letter recommending he re-sign. No DEM
    did that with Clinton.

<shrug>

I'm not bent out of shape at all. F&F has no bearing on this debate but if you want to keep making that connection, knock yourself out.

Holder eventually did turn over the subpoenaed docs in that case, btw.

Blog Entries

<shrug>

I'm not bent out of shape at all.

F&F has no bearing on this debate but if you want to keep making that connection, knock yourself out.

Holder eventually did turn over the subpoenaed docs in that case, btw.

Not all of them. After a year and half of asking GOP settled on just a few hundred more
    documents instead of the thousands they originally asked for and after they were
    ready to compromise on a deal.
    And despite the House GOP’s 1½-year-long investigation into the matter, and the Justice Department's seemingly unmovable stance on producing the documents necessary to complete the investigation, House Republicans are now contending that a few hundred additional documents may be enough to satisfy them.

:grbac:

HOlder won.

Lets see how much he doesn't give up this time since the case just started. That is the
    point. It only takes a minute on a boring rainy Saturday to find the links.
    You see HR, all you do is go into google and type in a question to get a link.
    Off to sing now and Katie.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...st-and-furious
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 05-18-2013 at 08:52 PM.

Yup. Can't argue that if you type in a question in Google, you will get exactly what you're looking for.