Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: McClain throws a party in the same park he was arrested in

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    I don't really understand the uproar. He's a screw up that got signed like a screw up. To me, he's just another guy albeit with probably more talent than the average player, but replaceable. You know why, because he hasn't played a down for us yet. I could see if this was the season, but amongst 90 players, he just brings needed competition and that's it at this point.

This is too strong a organization to get ruined by just one guy anyways.

On topic, good for him with throwing the party for his hometown. I'm sure some kid will benefit from the interaction.
    Hindsight? Why would you uproot your family and pay for a place to live where you have no guarantees. In my opinion he will play well for us and we will look at his acquisition akin to an additional first round pick. Why can't people see we have acquired a 23 year old with three years experience. Already he's our best inside linebacker. None of us know what arrangements he and the Ravens made.

Look at his stats last year.

If he's our best inside linebacker, we have a lot of problems at that position.

Funny thing is Micheal Huff is at the facility but McClain is no where to be found. When I read the Madison published account of the signing written over a month ago (“The off season program in Baltimore begins next week,” said McClain.) I was under the impression that McClain would be a regular at the facility especially if rebuilding his reputation was the goal.... I was all for signing this guy but he's done nothing to instill a positive vibe so far this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Which one of the ilbs on our team had better stats last year? Drop the MIKE!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

And look at his stats the year before and they were arguably better than ellerbe, our best lb this year.

This notion the guy cant play is pretty far fetched. One year where he admittedly quit on the team and had his own personal issues does not define a guy. He had a decent rookie year, a pretty good to great sophmore and a bad 3rd. Theres more to say thats the outlier than the other.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
    Hindsight? Why would you uproot your family and pay for a place to live where you have no guarantees. In my opinion he will play well for us and we will look at his acquisition akin to an additional first round pick. Why can't people see we have acquired a 23 year old with three years experience. Already he's our best inside linebacker. None of us know what arrangements he and the Ravens made.
    If you look at my past post on the player, I'm actually for him being here, but just not getting my hopes up for a let down. Talent wise, he's upper tier. It's just the mentality is lower tier. You need both to succeed IMO.

It is curious that he isn't in town. You'd think that he'd benefit from it more than he would being in Decatur.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
    Which one of the ilbs on our team had better stats last year? Drop the MIKE!
    Uhh. Ok.

I think you missed my point.

Blog Entries

It's not that his presence would make or break the team. It's that, for us, knowing that this is such a great organization to be a part of, let alone be a fan of, that you would expect him to appreciate the opportunity he has been given to leave Oakland and join Baltimore.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It's not that his presence would make or break the team. It's that, for us, knowing that this is such a great organization to be a part of, let alone be a fan of, that you would expect him to appreciate the opportunity he has been given to leave Oakland and join Baltimore.
    Especially when that opportunity includes a chance at a big contract next year if he plays well, and not much $ if he doesn't.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I don't get all of the hate for Rolando McClain on this site. An article about him throwing a free block party for kids in his community and all we have to say as a group is, "yeah, but why isn't he in Baltimore instead?"

Why don't we wait for OTA's to start before we criticize someone for not being at the team facility?

Quote Originally Posted by mfdoom42 View Post
    I don't get all of the hate for Rolando McClain on this site. An article about him throwing a free block party for kids in his community and all we have to say as a group is, "yeah, but why isn't he in Baltimore instead?"

Why don't we wait for OTA's to start before we criticize someone for not being at the team facility?
    +1

He could be around the facility regularly but happened to be in Decatur that day. Who knows.

He also could have taken the playbook with him to study.

He did a good things for kids and his community to atone for being a knucklehead before.

Don't give too much credence to one datapoint.