Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

McClain throws a party in the same park he was arrested in

For the Kids

http://tnvalleynow.com/stories/McCla...y-right,119712

Ann Irvin said McClain recently gave her neighbor the money to save her car from repossession. He refused to let the woman repay him, Irvin said.

“He does a lot of good,” said Irvin, who said McClain lived with her family throughout his high school years. “If you don’t get to know him, you might form the wrong opinion of him. He’s a good child. He’s a blessed child. He’s come a long way, and I want to see him go farther.”

Re: McClain throws a party in the same park he was arrested in

Again I ask, why is he not in Bmore learning the playbook?

Color me not impressed. Of course 100 or so people are going to think you're a great guy when you buy them free stuff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Color me not impressed. Of course 100 or so people are going to think you're a great guy when you buy them free stuff.
    Meh, This is neutral for me.

I'm not going to proclaim him cured or anything, but we WANT our players doing right in the neighborhood. What says he's NOT studying the playbook on every other day? And as far as we know, he's not skipping the OTAs right now. If anything, this shows that at least one time he can step foot in Dectaur without getting arrested.

Nice story, but it's not like with one act he can undo all the boneheaded crap he's pulled. Got a LONG way to go there.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I too am confused as to why there's been no word of him even being near the city

The question was asked in the Ravens chat

Ryan Mink: Unsure, I haven't seen him but I'm not taking roll call either.

Blog Entries

When do the Ravens OTAs start?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

The Ravens started practice yet? Why does he have to be in Bmore right now?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Pretty sure we had OTAs this week. Couple players have been tweeting about "day at the office" and "meeting new teammates"
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Our OTA's start next Monday, right now is "Football School"

Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    Because (1) OTA's have already started and (2) being in Baltimore and working with the team lessons the chance he gets into more trouble.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Our OTA's start next Monday, right now is "Football School"
    yeah, this is correct...

May 21-23 -- ORGANIZED TEAM ACTIVITY No. 1, Under Armour Performance Center, Owings Mills
    May 29-31 -- ORGANIZED TEAM ACTIVITY No. 2, Under Armour Performance Center, Owings Mills
    May 30-June 2 -- Ravens Summer Bash and 49th Annual Ravens Roost Convention and Parade, Ocean City

June 1 -- Final day tender offers can be made to unrestricted free agents for exclusive negotiating rights
    June 4-7 -- ORGANIZED TEAM ACTIVITY No. 3, Under Armour Performance Center, Owings Mills
    June 11-13 -- MANDATORY MINICAMP, Under Armour Performance Center, Owings Mills
    June 15 -- Deadline for old teams to withdraw original qualifying offer to unrestricted free agents and maintain exclusive negotiating rights with submitted tender of 110 percent of previous year's salary
    Late June (date TBA) -- NFL Rookie Symposium; site TBA

Mid-July (date TBA) -- NFL Supplemental Draft
    July 15 -- Deadline for designated franchise free agents to sign multi-year extensions (after this date, a player can sign only a one-year contract and cannot sign an extension until after the team's last regular-season game)
    July 22 -- Veteran free-agent signing periods ends here, or first scheduled day of the first NFL training camp, whichever is later
    July 29 (tentative) -- RAVENS' TRAINING CAMP OPENS, Under Armour Performance Center, Owings Mills

On the radio they said that they might have told him to stay away from workouts. If he gets "hurt" lifting or working out with the team, then his salary would be guaranteed.

Blog Entries

Ok, I found it. The Ravens OTA schedule is as follows:

Team Schedule
    Baltimore Ravens First day: April 15
    OTAs: May 21-23, May 29-31, June 4-7
    Mandatory minicamp: June 11-13

Rookie minicamp: May 3-5

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...2013-offseason
    I was/am in favor of the Ravens signing McClain, but May 21st is the tipping point for me. McClain needs to show up in shape for all of the voluntary OTAs. If he misses any of the OTAs, I would then I change my mind and side with those posters who say that the Ravens should cut him due to his attitude.