Super Bowl ring info

I thought I saw a post on here yesterday about the rings, and it was a fake one. Here is an article about the Ravens ring for those that are interested. The pic is of the 2001 ring btw...
    Last edited by nickh0801; 05-14-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: Super Bowl ring info

Yeah, I can't imagine we'll see the design until June 7th, or whatever date the ceremony is. Kind've telling that Ray Lewis AND Flacco were consulted on it. Flacco is seen by Bisciotti as the next logical leader of the franchise.

Bradford Exchange (I think) created a fake ring that people could buy from them. I'm sure after the design is revealed, some jewelers will create replica rings. The jeweler making the ring is making a collection "inspired" by the rings, I'll pass.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

The last time Ravens held a big banquet some where in town and presented the rings to the
    entire team. I remember Billick getting his. It was on all the news channels. He and Quadry
    are about the only ones I see wearing them on TV.

They're so big. It's a monument to the hand. The SB 5 ring is much smaller but rings keep
    getting bigger like the players. The rings from the 58 and 59 championships are small.

That SB 5 ring is one cool looking ring. Matte let me wear it for all of 10 seconds. I also
    got to try on the SB 35 ring when a player spoke to Nest 1. He passed it around the room
    as he spoke. I thought my college ring was big but the SB ring dwarfed it.

There should be 2 diamond studded footballs somewhere on the ring to symbolize
    the two SBs Ravens won.

Here are images of all super bowl rings. Note the Packer's ring with 4 footballs on top
    and Squeelers with 6 - 3 on each side. UGH~!

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 05-14-2013 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    The last time Ravens held a big banquet some where in town and presented the rings to the
    entire team. I remember Billick getting his. It was on all the news channels. He and Quadry
    are about the only ones I see wearing them on TV.
    Goose wears his.. Fox generally gets a game or two at M&T during any given year. Last time Goose was on the sideline doing a Fox game here the camera zoomed in on him and he stuck his ring in the camera. Took up the entire video boards. The crowd went nuts.

Dilfer was wearing his quite a bit during the broadcasts leading up to the Super Bowl this year.

John Mackey (God rest him) in his latter days was very free with allowing people to try on his SB ring, along with his HoF ring and his Player's Association ring. My wife could've worn his SB ring as a bracelet. And that was before they got big.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Goose wears his.. Fox generally gets a game or two at M&T during any given year. Last time Goose was on the sideline doing a Fox game here the camera zoomed in on him and he stuck his ring in the camera. Took up the entire video boards. The crowd went nuts.

Dilfer was wearing his quite a bit during the broadcasts leading up to the Super Bowl this year.
    I like it when I see our rings out there on TV from past players.

Blog Entries

LOL - Yea, that sounds like something Goose would do. His fingers are as big as most people's
    hands-lol. Quadry also wears his on his middle finger to support it.

Speaking of females, when the Rams got theirs, their owner and Rosey's wife, ordered
    a man-sized ring for her dainty finger and she wore it. It took up about 3 fingers, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    There should be 2 diamond studded footballs somewhere on the ring to symbolize
    the two SBs Ravens won.
    Probably unpopular opinion: I'm not a big fan of every ring these days going out of its way to showcase what "number" it is for the team. I'm okay with it being mentioned somewhere, but don't make it the centerpiece of the ring.

The ring is about what THIS team accomplished, not ones in the past with completely different players and coaches. When I see the Giants putting their '86 and '90 Lombardi trophies on the face of the ring even though none of the recipients have any actual connection to those teams, I groan a little bit.

So that mockup of the Ravens' ring that's been floating around...it goes without saying I hope that isn't the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post

Was Goose wearing it in his Depends for men commercial?

Blog Entries

Men, a Super Bowl ring is no big deal. By the time Flacco retires, several hundred Ravens players will be sporting them ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Was Goose wearing it in his Depends for men commercial?
    Hah

He wore it on Man Caves before too, some shop scanned it and cut out a giant plastic replica of it for him to hang on the wall.