Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 32
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    12,071
    Blog Entries
    1

    Has anyone heard this rumor about Deonte Thompson?



    That he's going to kick some ass this year?
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,150
    Blog Entries
    4
    I think he will step up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    1,918

    Re: Has anyone heard this rumor about Deonte Thompson?

    I would rather see Thompson play than see the Ravens sign a WR like Nate Washington. If the Ravens go out and get a WR to start opposite Torrey, I would hope that it would be Maclin or someone comparable to Maclin.




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,150
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I would rather see Thompson play than see the Ravens sign a WR like Nate Washington. If the Ravens go out and get a WR to start opposite Torrey, I would hope that it would be Maclin or someone comparable to Maclin.
    I think the fo is comfortable with the guys we have unless there is an unexpected player available.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,927
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Has anyone heard this rumor about Deonte Thompson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think the fo is comfortable with the guys we have unless there is an unexpected player available.
    That's what they said about GG @ Center, but still traded for Shipley anyway. I expect a veteran WR to be added within the next few months... Bc




  6. #6

    Re: Has anyone heard this rumor about Deonte Thompson?

    Let's hope it's more than a rumor.




  7. #7

    Re: Has anyone heard this rumor about Deonte Thompson?

    I am on record as stating that he will be the guy to fill the roll of Boldin.




  8. #8

    Re: Has anyone heard this rumor about Deonte Thompson?

    Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    I am on record as stating that he will be the guy to fill the roll of Boldin.
    There are rumors and there is reality. The reality is that he is was a mediocre college player, plagued by drops and inconsistency. I would be shocked if all of a sudden he becomes Anquan Boldin. I hope I'm wrong.




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,064
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Has anyone heard this rumor about Deonte Thompson?

    Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
    There are rumors and there is reality. The reality is that he is was a mediocre college player, plagued by drops and inconsistency. I would be shocked if all of a sudden he becomes Anquan Boldin. I hope I'm wrong.
    To be fair, Tom Brady was a pretty mediocre college player before he came to the NFL.

    Not saying it's going to happen, but Deonte's light could go on here and he ends up making a big impact. He's had his name mentioned a few times this offseason, but keep in mind, the coaches do that to try to prop up guys who maybe aren't doing as well as they hope sometimes. Or to mask strategy.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  10. #10

    Re: Has anyone heard this rumor about Deonte Thompson?

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    To be fair, Tom Brady was a pretty mediocre college player before he came to the NFL.

    Not saying it's going to happen, but Deonte's light could go on here and he ends up making a big impact. He's had his name mentioned a few times this offseason, but keep in mind, the coaches do that to try to prop up guys who maybe aren't doing as well as they hope sometimes. Or to mask strategy.
    Are you kidding? Brady had a pretty solid college career. Throwig for 369 with 4 tds in the Orange Bowl is far from mediocre. He had to compete with Drew Henson who was one of the biggest recruits in Michgan history. You do yourself a dissevice mentioning Brady and Deonte in the same sentence. I hate Brady but he was far from mediocre at Michigan.




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    6,367

    Re: Has anyone heard this rumor about Deonte Thompson?

    Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
    There are rumors and there is reality. The reality is that he is was a mediocre college player, plagued by drops and inconsistency. I would be shocked if all of a sudden he becomes Anquan Boldin. I hope I'm wrong.
    Yeah, I'm not sold on the sudden emergence of guys like Thompson or Streeter. It just doesn't happen on a regular basis, so we are talking long shot here. I think David Reed has as much (if not more) of a chance to make an impact, and that's not exactly a ringing endorsement.




  12. #12

    Re: Has anyone heard this rumor about Deonte Thompson?

    Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    I am on record as stating that he will be the guy to fill the roll of Boldin.
    Deonte Thompson is not going to become the next Boldin, let's be serious.

    He's going to become the next Welker.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland