Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

McKinnie to change haters minds?

He sounds motivated, but put me in the group that has to see it on the field in order to believe it. I really hope he sticks to what he says. I'd love to see the guy dominate. :)

Bryant McKinnie Back At Ravens Workouts, Wants To Dominate

Re: McKinnie to change haters minds?

Hell, just the fact that he showed up to voluntary workouts with that type of attitude is a real plus and large step in the right direction.

The most interesting part of that piece to me is the bit about the phone conversations with Harbaugh.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but it certainly seemed that McKinnie was in the Harbaugh dog house and was only inserted into the line-up basically out of desperation, and the idea of Harbaugh wanting him back was not even on the radar.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

McKinnie has never played badly, his troubles stem from conditionings, weight and motivation. If he plays to his potential he's probably one of the better LTs in the league. Maybe a light bulb went off in his head, maybe he's matured mentally. I don't care, I'm rooting for him.

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    He sounds motivated, but put me in the group that has to see it on the field in order to believe it. I really hope he sticks to what he says. I'd love to see the guy dominate. :)

Bryant McKinnie Back At Ravens Workouts, Wants To Dominate
    Part of me still wonders how much of last season's usage pattern w/ McKinnie was the team trying to get the max bang for the buck from Bryant's [at times questionable] contributions with an eye towards conditioning/stamina or physical gas tank, and how much was doghousing for perceived commitment or attitude (psychological gas tank).
    Maybe the 2 issues can't be fully separated, or maybe the Ravens were "holding out" McKinnie for the stretch run.

Please Bryant, dominate at will! We missed out on the top shelf LTs of the draft and couldn't afford available FAs that would be upgrades from McKinnie, so things [on paper at this point] turned out well for continuity and keeping guys like Oher, KO, and Yanda where they can do more good/less harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    McKinnie has never played badly, his troubles stem from conditionings, weight and motivation. If he plays to his potential he's probably one of the better LTs in the league. Maybe a light bulb went off in his head, maybe he's matured mentally. I don't care, I'm rooting for him.
    Hell Yeeeah. Really hoping he gets in shape and can play the entire season.

If it wasn't for Big Mac's play in the playoffs, not too confident Ravens would have brought the Lombardi back to Baltimore.

Blog Entries

If we can get the McKinnie from the play offs consistently we could arguably have the best Oline in the league. One thing that we did in the play offs was win every game in the trenches offensively, even in the 49ers game, our Oline played better than the star studded 9ers line.

Blog Entries

nice to hear that he's working with Castillo on technique and trying to stay low. It's all about leverage and Juan can probably teach him some tricks.

Would love to see him dominate

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

This is awesome. If McKinnie dominates, the rest of the line will be stronger than we've seen since like 2008. K.O. destroys people at guard, Yanda is Yanda, a top five guard easily and hopefully Oher gets back to his rookie form with this being a contract year for him. The only question is Gino, but he played well against Cincy's starters week 17 and made some vicious blocks on special teams (the pancake on Sam Kooch's fake FG/run against Oakland comes to mind).

I like the quote about wanting to get KO to the Pro Bowl. He's built an "all about me" reputation, and this sounds like he's trying to change that. Hopefully there's there's the commitment behind this, not just the talk. Maybe being in an environment that stresses team above self and seeing it reap the ultimate success has sunk in.

Sounds real promising. I'm rooting for him...

Blog Entries

He's starting off on the right foot this year. That's important and great to hear

Can he call McClain and tell him whats up?