Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Flacco #100 on PFF's Top 101 of 2012 (and why it's ridiculous)

I think you are missing a bigger mix up, Ray Rice is listed at #92.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...the-full-list/

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Blog Entries

I like PFF only when it comes to grading offensive linemen or DTs/NTs, also how good the TE blocked in a certain game is good info. Everything else is very subjective IMO.

Blog Entries

The thing that amuses me most is around the time of the first Denver game and the Houston game last year people around here were ready to cut Flacco loose because he wasn't getting the job done. It took one of the greatest string of post season performances in history for people to really get behind him, and now it's hyperbole city, and the majority of the season is forgotten.

They're saying that Flacco is in the top ..what? Fifteen percent of players in the league? They aren't calling him a chump. As much as I love Joe for that run he had, I still want to see him perform to a good level more consistently and when he has off games, they end up being more mediocre, not awful.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    The thing that amuses me most is around the time of the first Denver game and the Houston game last year people around here were ready to cut Flacco loose because he wasn't getting the job done. It took one of the greatest string of post season performances in history for people to really get behind him, and now it's hyperbole city, and the majority of the season is forgotten.

They're saying that Flacco is in the top ..what? Fifteen percent of players in the league? They aren't calling him a chump. As much as I love Joe for that run he had, I still want to see him perform to a good level more consistently and when he has off games, they end up being more mediocre, not awful.
    I think people are pissed more at the QBs they had ranked ahead of him.

I'm personally a regular subscriber of PFF and I have to say, this list is very questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    I don't think PFF, PFT or ESPN have a personal vendetta against Flacco or any other athlete. ...It's why PFT and ESPN are more like TMZ then a sports site now. It's why more sports on-air personalities are more professional troll (like Skip Bayless) then an actual sports journalist.
    Al theses acronyms! I have scanned every post here to try to ascertain what "PFF" stands for, with no luck. A link would have been helpful, too.:grbac:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think people are pissed more at the QBs they had ranked ahead of him.

I'm personally a regular subscriber of PFF and I have to say, this list is very questionable.
    I think people around here have a persecution complex, which is evidenced by the countless threads every season about articles by and comments of journalists which say something negative about the team.

This forum is Rodney Dangerfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    I think people around here have a persecution complex, which is evidenced by the countless threads every season about articles by and comments of journalists which say something negative about the team.
    This.

I think Baltimore journalist Micheal Olesker said it best when he was interviewed for "The Band that Wouldn't Die" ...

"Baltimore has a Massive Municipal Inferiority Complex"

I just hope everyone in the national media keep dumping disrespect on the Ravens.

Makes it all the sweeter when the Ravens win and shove it down their orifices!

He has nothing left to prove yet the media still acts like he does.

The unfair treatment of Flacco is the main reason I've turned away from NFL media. Hardly even read/watch it anymore and I feel much better off from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    At least they got Matty Ice-cream at #17
    real experts at that site for sure
    After last season I don't see how anyone with a straight face can have that wide of a margin between Flacco and Ryan.

Blog Entries

Joseph Vincent Flacco the 28 year old Super Bowl MVP QB of the Baltimore Ravens is #100 (?)
    Well, from a die-hard Ravens fan, I hope he's #100 in 2014 too... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    Flacco threw ...Kaepernick threw ...
    Not to defend them, but the counter argument to your comparison is what Kaepernick does with his feet. Kaepernick actually contributed 22 TDs in 13 games compared to Joe's 20 games.

Although, if you project from Kaepernick's short season why not project from Joe's short post season masterpiece?

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    The fact that Bolden is the second highest Raven of last year tells you all you need to know about that list. It's a pile of crap.

Look at this hypocrisy....

63. Anquan Boldin, WR, Baltimore Ravens (Unranked)

There’s a lot of talk about Boldin being a guy that can’t get open. Be that as it may, he’s still a guy who (with defenders all over him) makes tough catches that move the chains. And it was that ability that was one of the key differences in why it was the Ravens, and no other team, that won the Super Bowl last year. Really stepped it up in the postseason and that’s why he makes the list.

So, he makes the list (and makes it 40 spots higher then Flacco) because he "stepped it up in post season". His regular season numbers were pedestrian. Now look at the bit under Flacco. Now they suddenly change the criteria for some reason.

100. Joe Flacco, QB, Baltimore Ravens (Unranked)

If this list were built solely on those four postseason games that culminated with the Ravens’ quarterback hoisting the Lombardi Trophy, then Joe Flacco would rank right at the very top. But it’s not, and there were 16 other games that can’t be discounted where Flacco struggled with accuracy for a Ravens team that stumbled into the playoffs. Flacco was truly special in the playoffs, showing the kind of poise and knack for the big play that was integral in his team winning it all.

H.Y.P.O.C.R.I.T.E.S

I think it took Joe and the Ravens a couple years to figure out Anquan is never going to get separation but you need to throw it to him anyway, he'll catch it.

That makes it impossible to judge Joe by what Anquan did, or vice versa.

I'm okay moving on from him and finding a traditional receiver who can get separation to really give Joe a normal target.