Thread: OT: Titus Young

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: OT: Titus Young

After reading some more stuff on this and an interview with his father.... sounds like this is much deeper and complicated than him being a stupid idiot, throwing his talent away. Like Ravenswintitle said, there may be drugs involved. He missed checking into an institution for help. Sounds like mental illness as well. He has been prescribed an anti-psychotic drug, and his father said he hasn't taken it consistently. I hope he get's his life together before he ends up dead. You also have to wonder about repeated head injury. I'm not making excuses or placing blame on anyone other than him, but it is a reality.

What's odd to me is that a buddy of mine went to Lions camp a couple summers ago and posted some great photos of Young. He looked so happy and was so good to the kids. He went so far beyond the autograph, he was running around with the kids, playing catch with them, etc. Seemed to be loving it as much as the kids.

On a side note, did anyone watch the Todd Morinavich special on ESPN last night? That was interesting, sad, and eye opening. We love to hate on and demonize these guys that struggle and fail (i.e. Ryan Leaf...) but usually their issues are much deeper than being arrogant assholes, throwing their life away.

If you want even more insight into drug addiction, watch the ESPN special about Chris Herren. That is just mind blowing...
    Last edited by MinnesotaRaven; 05-14-2013 at 11:01 AM.