Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: OT: Titus Young

Blog Entries

Re: OT: Titus Young

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    There's more. This dude has a serious drug problem IMO. I don't know what else could explain this behavior; stupidity alone just isn't enough

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...before-arrest/
    Is there a more hilarious comment section than PFT's?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Rotoworld clipping Detroit Free Press...

In addition to the eight pending charges he is facing, Titus Young has been accused of domestic violence by the mother of his 9-month-old son.
    The woman has taken out a temporary restraining order, and is seeking a permanent one. "He would say things like, ‘I understand why O.J. killed his wife,'" the woman alleged in a court filing. She also revealed that Young has been "clinically diagnosed with a mental disorder." Things are going to get worse before they get better for the troubled Young.
    I retract my childish comment about the fella.
    Mental disorders are nothing to joke about.
    I actually thought that this could have been the case b/c no one is truly "that stupid" (i.e., multiple arrests in such a short time).
    Should have gone with my gut.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Deadspin has a great story up about Young falling asleep in an AT&T store:

http://deadspin.com/titus-young-will...tore-496122722

Pretty sure this dude needs professional help.
    Nice panty hose
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/92...cording-report

wow this guy is a freaking mess, if the lions let you go then it means you really do have issues. hope he gets some help
    He must have had malice in his heart ;)
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    A lot of those actions can be associated with either undiagnosed or untreated bipolar disease. That's not necessarily the issue, but it would explain an awful lot of this mysterious behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    The NFL moves fast though. Every year, there are hundreds of new college athletes coming out. Even if Young is talented, teams won't want to risk having a cancer on a team. I just think he'll be blacklisted.
    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Oh, I think he's done as an NFL player. I just hope he can be repaired as a human being. I could be wrong, but this seems to be a lot more than just a dude with a bad attitude.
    No question that Titus Young the person needs to be made whole before there's any chance of him playing football again. But never say never. In fact it would be great if it happened (in the fullness of time) because it might help a lot of otherwise unreachable folks understand that mental illness is something that can be treated and recovered from, not a "character flaw" or a subject for derisive humor.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I retract my childish comment about the fella.
    Mental disorders are nothing to joke about.
    I actually thought that this could have been the case b/c no one is truly "that stupid" (i.e., multiple arrests in such a short time).
    Should have gone with my gut.
    Props for the retraction. I hope there are a lot more of them as people start to understand what TY is having to cope with.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    No question that Titus Young the person needs to be made whole before there's any chance of him playing football again. But never say never. In fact it would be great if it happened (in the fullness of time) because it might help a lot of otherwise unreachable folks understand that mental illness is something that can be treated and recovered from, not a "character flaw" or a subject for derisive humor.

Props for the retraction. I hope there are a lot more of them as people start to understand what TY is having to cope with.
    The thing is he needs to admit he has a problem and seek help for it.

http://www.freep.com/article/2013051...training-order

“He used to play for the Detroit Lions and he had many violent problems there. They also could explain (his) unstable mental problem, that he refuses help for.”

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    The thing is he needs to admit he has a problem and seek help for it.
    Which makes it no different from any other illness--except that the mental faculties that normally alert any human being to the fact that s/he has a problem are compromised.

Mentally ill people see the world as if through a glass melted & fractured & discolored--but to them this is normal--it's what the're used to. Part of the problem in treating them is keeping them at it--because the drugs make them feel not normal & the therapy asks/compels them to rip out & replace all the ways they've learned to cope (badly) with the worlds outside & inside.

Think of a stroke victim who's lost the ability to speak coherently. Recovery involves "rewiring" the connections between the center of speech & the motor nerves, but it also involves feedback through the sensory nerves in the ear.

Now imagine that the brain is processing that gibberish as if it sounds exactly like what s/he's trying to say. And can't understand why no one else understands it.

S/he won't (re)learn coherent speech until & unless s/he can hear what everyone else hears when s/he speaks.

Or consider an addict: When s/he's on the addictive substance (or activity), s/he feels, not just "good," but like the person s/he really is (or ought to be). A huge part of getting people in that situation to seek (& stick with) treatment is making them understand that this feeling is false. (Another huge part is convincing them that all the long hard work necessary to rewire their thought processes has a payoff worth the effort--& supporting them when it seems too hard. Neither is easy.)

I would not write him off as a NFL player but would agree the odds are heavily stacked against him.

My hope is the man can get the help he needs and lead a productive life regardless of his NFL future.

I found it utterly amazing and irresponsible that he was not placed on a psych hold when he decided to scale the fence to a locked impound yard looking for his car without a clue of how to get it out of the locked police regulated facility. That in and of itself should have been a great big warning sign. In fairness it might have been beyond their control based on law ( though I think a case for a 72 hr assessment could have been made)

Unfortunately our society does very little to protect those who have mental illness from themselves until they become a threat to the society as a whole (at which point someone else is victimized) at which point we just incarcerate them. I cant count the number of times we have let someone go out of the ER that you know is not capable of making rationale decisions simply because they do not say they will kill themselves or another. Its really quite sad but as laws currently stand there is no alternative.

Think its long past time we look at how we deal with the issue of mental health. Not being political here just making an observation based on experience.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    Nice panty hose
    ...lol.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

This is some serious shit. Someone needs to get a hold of him before he does something even more harmful than what he's already done.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This is some serious shit. Someone needs to get a hold of him before he does something even more harmful than what he's already done.
    I agree. He could end up in jail for a long time or dead. Dude needs some serious mental help.
    Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Which makes it no different from any other illness--except that the mental faculties that normally alert any human being to the fact that s/he has a problem are compromised.

Mentally ill people see the world as if through a glass melted & fractured & discolored--but to them this is normal--it's what the're used to. Part of the problem in treating them is keeping them at it--because the drugs make them feel not normal & the therapy asks/compels them to rip out & replace all the ways they've learned to cope (badly) with the worlds outside & inside.

Think of a stroke victim who's lost the ability to speak coherently. Recovery involves "rewiring" the connections between the center of speech & the motor nerves, but it also involves feedback through the sensory nerves in the ear.

Now imagine that the brain is processing that gibberish as if it sounds exactly like what s/he's trying to say. And can't understand why no one else understands it.

S/he won't (re)learn coherent speech until & unless s/he can hear what everyone else hears when s/he speaks.

Or consider an addict: When s/he's on the addictive substance (or activity), s/he feels, not just "good," but like the person s/he really is (or ought to be). A huge part of getting people in that situation to seek (& stick with) treatment is making them understand that this feeling is false. (Another huge part is convincing them that all the long hard work necessary to rewire their thought processes has a payoff worth the effort--& supporting them when it seems too hard. Neither is easy.)
    Yea I mean you don't have to tell me about mental illness. My godmother committed suicide due to a mental illness. I just think the chances of him ever getting back in the nfl are slim. He needs to get some professional help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ts-to-be-cured

"It's kind of like when you look at him, he's looking through you. It's different. You can tell there's something going on in his mind, in his head, and I hope that he can get help."
    I understand the look Tulloch is describing. I think most everybody is done joking about this kid, now.