Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Titus Young

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    iggyman555 Guest

OT: Titus Young

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/92...cording-report

Former Detroit Lions wide receiver Titus Young was arrested twice over a 15-hour span Sunday, according to an Oakland (Mich.) Press report.

Young
    Young

Young was pulled over at 12:01 a.m. Sunday in southern California after making an illegal left turn, according to the police report. Young was then arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence, booked by the Moreno Valley Police Department, issued a citation and later released.

At 2:22 p.m. that same afternoon, officers responded to a local tow yard after a man was seen climbing over a fence. The man turned out to be Young, who said he was looking for his impounded black Mustang.

Young was then arrested for burglary and booked at the Robert Presley Detention Center -- again.

The Lions waived the troubled Young on Feb. 4. Young, a second-round draft pick in 2011, was disciplined multiple times last season.

He was told to stay away from the Lions facility because he intentionally lined up wrong in a Week 14 loss to the Green Bay Packers.

During his time with Detroit, Young also was sent home by the team on three different occasions -- once for punching teammate Louis Delmas during an offseason workout program, then twice for repeated insubordinate behavior.

Young was claimed off waivers by the St. Louis Rams, but ultimately released 10 days later.
    wow this guy is a freaking mess, if the lions let you go then it means you really do have issues. hope he gets some help

Blog Entries

Re: OT: Titus Young

Rolando McClain is laughing at this guy...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

The sad part is that I wanted us to draft this guy. Glad I was wrong.

Talking about NFL bad boys always makes me think of this classic Bang Cartoon. This bit cracks me up every time. Although the language is bleeped out, you may not want to play this at work.

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/badboys.htm

If updated to today, Rolando McClain would be Terrell Owens and Titus Young would be PacMan Jones.
    Last edited by Maelstrom; 05-08-2013 at 06:22 AM. Reason: typo

Blog Entries

Rolando McClain has been a bit of a shithead off the field, but I don't think he's close to a bad team mate that Young is. I've never heard of McClain causing any locker room issues, its just off the field stuff that is concerning, but tbh the only real serious incident was when he pointed a gun at someone at a bar. Btw, both our premium pass rushers (Doom and Suggs) have done similar things in the past so its not like their angels either.

Titus Young is on another level.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Rolando McClain has been a bit of a shithead off the field, but I don't think he's close to a bad team mate that Young is. I've never heard of McClain causing any locker room issues, its just off the field stuff that is concerning, but tbh the only real serious incident was when he pointed a gun at someone at a bar. Btw, both our premium pass rushers (Doom and Suggs) have done similar things in the past so its not like their angels either.

McClain was posting online that he wanted to play for a 'real team' and then he refused to practice. That's why they suspended him two games; his problems aren't just off field either.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    The sad part is that I wanted us to draft this guy. Glad I was wrong.
    A lot of us wanted him. Young had issues in college but his talent made you want to ignore them.

Blog Entries

What goes through this guy's head? At any point did he stop and think "Maybe this isn't such a good idea..."?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    What goes through this guy's head? At any point did he stop and think "Maybe this isn't such a good idea..."?
    Young was mad because he thought he was better than Calvin Johnson and couldn't believe that the coaches didn't see it. He's a moron and too stupid to even understand basic concepts like good and bad ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    A lot of us wanted him. Young had issues in college but his talent made you want to ignore them.
    Yup. Count me as one. He was supposed to be a dynamic playmaker. You would think coming from Boise state he would have a degree of maturity. Guess not

iggyman555 Guest

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 30s

The issues of Titus Young and his erratic behavior were no secret to NFL teams due to his pattern at Boise State. Lions took the risk

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

McClain was kicked off the team last year and admitted "checking out" on his coaches and teammates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.