Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Interesting Ryan Clark comments on Brady and the Patriots

Patriots are a weird team. No real outside the numbers WR threat. Losing Welker has to hurt given how in tune he and Brady were. Amendola will have to be really, really good to match Welker. Possible, should be good, but can he really be the go-to guy all season? Jury is definitely out on that one.

And they SO need Gronk, even more now that Welker is gone.

The defense is improved...but the secondary...it is like Belichick has a couple of real blind spots as he ages: WR and secondary. In today's NFL those are not areas that you don't want to have blind spots with.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well, keeping it real, Tom Brady is darn near the whole team. Other than along his offensive line, the closest resemblance of a teammate he had was Wes Welker. On defense, all they have is Vince Wilfork.
    Mayo and the kid from Alabama are two pretty good ILB's. McCourty, Talib and Chandler Jones are decent as well.

The issue with their defense is the scheme which is more bend but don't break. They do create turnovers (probably as a result of playing so many poor QB's in their division) but they are middle of the road in sacks and pressures.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well, what is he really supposed to say? Haha.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Maybe he should just keep his mouth shut for once before he puts his foot in it again.

Blog Entries

I really can't stand this guy.

Blog Entries

'"Even when guys aren't around him, even when he's not about to be sacked, when his clock goes off in his head that the ball should be out, we'll see him duck, we'll see him flinch. .''

Dead on, 100% accurate. We all said that leading up to the AFCCG; get one hit on him and he's jittery the rest of the game. You don't see it often because Brady goes months without any real pressure, but when it comes, he's the biggest nervous nelly this side of Blaine Gabbert.

The fact that he's right doesn't make him less stupid for running his mouth, especially because, as NC said, this is old news.

The Giants wrote the book on beating Brady back during his run to 18-1. The Ravens are one of a few teams with the stones to embrace the approach because it is a high risk one. If you send pressure and don't get to him early, he picks you apart. (Like when he went off on us during the regular season last year.) On the other hand, if you can keep up with that early spurt, you can render him pretty ineffectual with a few well timed pops. (See again, his inability to close the door on us last regular season.)
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Amendola can do everything that Welker did in that offense and he's a lot younger. The Pats offense got better by this change.
    I really like welker, but youre correct. Amendola offers everything that welker did but with better hands even. Theres a reason Welkers making less money than Amendola. I figure their offense to pick up right where it left off.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Brady is 6-1 vs. the Steelers so this he can dream all he wants but their pressure hasn't bothered him a bit so far. They'll find TEs and quick routes for receivers and pick the D apart

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Maybe he should just keep his mouth shut for once before he puts his foot in it again.
    Fair enough.

He's always been that way though. Of course he is going to say that the Steelers are going to be ok and they have a wealth of hidden talent that no one has ever seen (or in some instances, heard of) before.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I really like welker, but youre correct. Amendola offers everything that welker did but with better hands even. Theres a reason Welkers making less money than Amendola. I figure their offense to pick up right where it left off.
    I'd say a 5 year age different has something to do with it.

I don't think he's going to be as good as Welker was in that offense, but maybe that's just me...
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

LOL. I can't wait to witness the smackdown that's bound to occurr in Week #9.
    I hope he runs his mouth about the Ravens. Only a matter of time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    I'd say a 5 year age different has something to do with it.

I don't think he's going to be as good as Welker was in that offense, but maybe that's just me...
    a little but youre talking about 5 year deal to two. Id say thats more because of the age difference than the per year.

Ive watched a lot of Rams games with a buddy thats a fan. Amendola was welker to Bradford, except he showed much better hands. Once he went downt that offense struggled. Bradford isnt Brady, but Amendola (when healthy) is every bit of welker, imo. The only reason he wouldnt be an equal part is if they go back to the offense they tried last year where they phased him out. With no contract looming and how different the results were last year, i see no reason for them to do that with Amendola.
    -JAB