Blog Entries

Eric Decosta quotes from Aaron Wilson

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 1m
    Eric decosta said trading up for lane johnson would have taken almost 'entire draft' to get in position and would have been 'impossible"

Decosta said bryant mckinnie is looking forward to 'building momentum' after re-signing and his play in super bowl run called him 'talented'

Decosta said matt elam was highest ranked player on board over lbs such as manti te'o arthur brown kevin minter jon bostic and sio moore

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 5m
    Eric decosta on john simon 'he's a blood and guts relentless guy' he'll play sam linebacker primarily (strongside olb)

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 5m
    Eric decosta on roster turnover 'they're all big losses they'll forever be super bowl champions'

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 9m
    Decosta on picking matt elam over johnathan cyprien says team liked both but 'biggest difference was speed factor' and coaching connections

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 11m
    Eric decosta says lardarius webb is making good progress working extremely hard as he rehabs from torn acl

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 12m
    Eric decosta 'we've got playmakers'

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 13m
    Eric decosta said there were receivers ravens liked in draft but it just didn't stack up board wise for them to pick receiver early

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 14m
    Eric decosta said in scouting ravens value those with 'chip on their shoulder' who have overcome adversity

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 17m
    Eric decosta said brandon williams based on what he's seen at minicamp has a 'really bright future'

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 20m
    Eric decosta was very impressed with the cincinnati bengals' draft

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 20m
    Eric decosta 'we wanted to get younger and faster on defense'
    Last edited by Paintballguy; 05-06-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: Eric Decosta quotes from Aaron Wilson

good stuff Paint, thanks for posting. I heard the Ravens described today as a team who 'drafts them to play them' unlike some teams like the 9ers who tend to bring players along slowly.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Interesting that DeCosta would comment on another team's draft. Even more interesting that it's a division opponent.

Blog Entries

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 19s
    When asked about possibility of going for veteran wr decosta said 'the hunt goes on we'll consider every option' didn't say definitely will

Just ranking by pure value decosta rated arthur brown as a premium selection added that marc anthony's tape is very good

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Just ranking by pure value decosta rated arthur brown as a premium selection added that marc anthony's tape is very good
    I think that was a great 7th round pick.

I think Anthony would have been a 4th round pick if he could actually run.

His 4.62 40 time is a death nell for CB's.

He looks like a good football player though...if he makes the team, he looks like a special teamer or a strictly cover 2 corner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Anthony was one of the top CBs at the combine in the 3-cone drill and the 20-yard shuttle, and he's pretty good at recognition and jumping routes. However, you are right that his speed is going to prevent him from being able to cover a guy without some over the top help. I still think he is probably better than Chris Johnson. If he makes it he will probably be better against the run and as a pass defender in tight quarters (like inside the red zone).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Interesting that DeCosta would comment on another team's draft. Even more interesting that it's a division opponent.
    I think that's a great candid quote. He's being honest and agreeing with what most of us felt. Bengals came away with a very strong haul in Eifert, Hunt, and Giovanni Bernard, not to mention their later round picks.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Bengals got hi praise from just about everyone so it's no secret.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Bengals got hi praise from just about everyone so it's no secret.
    I for one am never worried about a Marvin Lewis-coached team. He has a losing record.