Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 7071727374 LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

So can the Jordan comparisons start again HR?
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    So can the Jordan comparisons start again HR?
    Hard to say no at this point.

That was some clutch shooting to close out the game.

Re: NBA playoffs

LeBron came up big and deserves the credit.

That doesn't make this less funny:

That was an amazing game by Lebron. Another 30+ point game 7.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

The Factory of Sadness has to be in full swing right now...

Ravens win 2nd SB in February
    LeBron James wins 2nd NBA title in June

If it was even possible, Cleveland is having a worse year than usual.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

Lol I hadn't even thought about that. Poor them

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

Cleveland and Dan Gilbert can suck it.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    ginobili instead of parker hahahahhahahahahahahahah pop blew it
    My friend and I were both amazed at this.

For as smart as Pop must be, WHAT WAS HE SMOKING?!?!
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    San Antonio pissed away both game 6 and game 7. That will eat at them for years.
    Sad to say but true. I give them credit for showing a champ's resolve and hanging in there this game, when a weaker-minded team might've been blown out from the start after choking that hard in Game 6. But "pissed away" is probably right.

Ginobili is the goat of the series, Green is the goat of Games 6 and 7 (only plays well at home, rarely drives well/finishes at the rim). Leonard though was very impressive. I thought the Spurs might win tonight just because he was the random role player you need to step up to win a Game 7 and he did that.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Sad to say but true. I give them credit for showing a champ's resolve and hanging in there this game, when a weaker-minded team might've been blown out from the start after choking that hard in Game 6. But "pissed away" is probably right.

Ginobili is the goat of the series, Green is the goat of Games 6 and 7 (only plays well at home, rarely drives well/finishes at the rim). Leonard though was very impressive. I thought the Spurs might win tonight just because he was the random role player you need to step up to win a Game 7 and he did that.
    It goes back to what I was saying at the start of the series...you cannot...I repeat cannot rely on role players on the road. Chalmers had a big game 2...and I remember saying the Heat can't rely on him on the road...I said after game 2 that I expected the Spurs role players to play better at home during games 3-6, but not necessarily games 6-7 if it wound up coming back to Miami.

And Leonard has taken a leap this entire series...he isn't really a role player anymore. I don't know if he is star status yet, but I'm pretty sure the guy averaged a double double while guarding and keeping the best player in the game in check...at least until the 4th quarter of game 6. His leap reminds me some of the way George did in the ECF...his game reminds me a lot of a grittier, doing the dirty work version of Andre Iguadala.

As much as San Antonio to give that game away, you still have o give Lebron and the Heat some credit...those 7 minutes in the 4th quarter to bring Miami back from 10 down and the entire game 7, he imposed his will on these last 2 games.

He was incredible and while I still hate the MJ comparisons, people who talk trash about him being clutch and his heart need to have a big, tall glass of STFU juice.

Last edited by Raveninwoodlawn; 06-21-2013 at 02:25 AM.

No Heat fan but props were they are deserved.
    Won the last two with their backs against the wall vrs a very good team capable of beating them.
    Lebron love him or hate him put on an impressive performance over the final two games. He is deserving of the accolades the performance will garner him IMO. Champions put up when it matters That was the knock before on him, now he has that fixed he deserves credit for it.
    All that said Lebron is at best worthy of being on the same court as Jordan. Jordan is and always will be in my lifetime King of the court.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    As much as San Antonio to give that game away, you still have o give Lebron and the Heat some credit...those 7 minutes in the 4th quarter to bring Miami back from 10 down and the entire game 7, he imposed his will on these last 2 games.

He was incredible and while I still hate the MJ comparisons, people who talk trash about him being clutch and his heart need to have a big, tall glass of STFU juice.
    I give the Heat credit. They're a flawed team that got everyone's best shot, but they still won two elimination games. They also probably know that millions of viewers (perhaps the majority) root against them and love it when they fail. They weather a lot on a constant basis, which does take mental fortitude.

But I still think when a four-time champion is up by six points with 20 seconds to go and misses free throws and doesn't grab rebounds (because the coach a la Frank Vogel took out the big man who had been dominating), that is a choke job.

The end of regulation for Game 6 was more the choke, IMO, than Game 7. Game 7, no Spurs player was ever playing that well except Leonard (who probably single-handedly kept the game in reach in the third). You could argue how Duncan missed two point-blank shots at the end (semi-chokey) but I don't really think it mattered by then.