Page 66 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Re: NBA playoffs

My bet comes down to this game and I'm nervous. Its hard to come back from a loss like that, but as a compliment to the craziness of this series... lets see what happens.

Blog Entries

If the Spurs were a young team, like OKC or Indiana, I'd call for a blowout.

However, the Spurs have been to this dance many a times. They will play hard and keep this close.

There are two wildcards in this game, since you can count on Miami stepping up their defense again.

1.) Manu Ginobli. Whether he has a game like game 5 or like the rest of the series.

2.) If Pop finds a way to get Green open.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I think the confidence Lebron could get from game 6 will be more significant than any Spurs hangover. The Spurs will be ready to play, but they may finally see Lebron at his best for a full game.

Blog Entries

I couldnt call a winner before the series... i certainly cant now after watching 6 games of it.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

At least some of you Spurs fans haven't thrown in the towel like most that I know. Pathetic how many are saying it's already over.

These guys are professional athletes and Pops is a great coach. They'll be as ready as ever and they won't be tired or emotional. This is for all the marbles.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

For those that dislike LeBron...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    At least some of you Spurs fans haven't thrown in the towel like most that I know. Pathetic how many are saying it's already over.

These guys are professional athletes and Pops is a great coach. They'll be as ready as ever and they won't be tired or emotional. This is for all the marbles.
    I agree. Spurs are a mentally tough team. Despite game 6's outcome they were playing with great poise in the 4th period. If the spurs win that game parkers 3 and his subsequent layup go down as two of the great clutch plays in finals history.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

If it were me in the Spurs shoes it wouldn't bother me one bit. You win tonight and all game 6 was was a classic game and game 6 of the series you won.

I've said it before the only thing I'd be worried about as a Spurs fan is the confidence the Heat may have from that game. AS a Spurs player I wouldn't be worried at all because we've beat them 3 times in the last 6 games, just gotta do it one more time.

All the talk about they won't be able to rebound etc. is just that, talk.

Blog Entries

It took two Pop fuck ups and uncharacteristic free throw issues for the Heat to get the chance to tie it and so forth, with a terrible game from Ginobli no less.

Are we really going to expect that in back to back games?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It took two Pop fuck ups and uncharacteristic free throw issues for the Heat to get the chance to tie it and so forth, with a terrible game from Ginobli no less.

Are we really going to expect that in back to back games?
    Let's not act like the other 2 Heat blowouts didn't happen...this is going to be a good game that either team can win, but the Heat aren't outclassed here because of one game. The Heat still had to complete the comeback and made mistakes of their own in the last minute.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

They decided go to 'all in' on Green the last game and it worked... but left Duncan free to go crazy. It's still probably the best option trading 2s for 3s but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

This game is completely unpredictable IMO in both the flow, who will step up, and outcome. I am pulling for Miami but still have to shake my head at some Spurs fans saying it's already lost.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

They decided go to 'all in' on Green the last game and it worked... but left Duncan free to go crazy. It's still probably the best option trading 2s for 3s but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

This game is completely unpredictable IMO in both the flow, who will step up, and outcome. I am pulling for Miami but still have to shake my head at some Spurs fans saying it's already lost.
    They didn't play Duncan any different...he's been getting single coverage all series long.

He just made more of the shots he was missing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.