Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Re: NBA playoffs

I agree with all the posters here that the incessant whining after every missed call does piss me off. You would think someone would have told him that he needs to cut that out.

Blog Entries

Criticizing "whining" whether it was justified or not is one thing. nobody likes it. Saying that because he whines his game is incomparable to Jordan is another. Does Kobe get that same criticism? no. Because hes definitely done the same. Jordan has too despite the revisionist history. you want to argue the frequency thats fine. To me thats like saying "I dont like his personality, so therefore hes not better than Jordan". It really has no place in the debate of their games, and certainly isnt a qualifying factor to end all debates between the two.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Criticizing "whining" whether it was justified or not is one thing. nobody likes it. Saying that because he whines his game is incomparable to Jordan is another. Does Kobe get that same criticism? no. Because hes definitely done the same. Jordan has too despite the revisionist history. you want to argue the frequency thats fine. To me thats like saying "I dont like his personality, so therefore hes not better than Jordan". It really has no place in the debate of their games, and certainly isnt a qualifying factor to end all debates between the two.
    JAB, come on... no one said because he whines his skills are incomparible to Jordan.

The debate between the two just needs to stop for several reasons (we can go thorugh them if you want) but in the example of several times in an elimination game siting on your ass why your team is a man down on D, I don't think is comparible. Jordan and every player at one time or another may have doen that. BUt not all damn game long.

I defend Lebron my fair share, especially around these parts, but when the foul isn't called GET YOUR ASS BACK ON D AND MAKE A PLAY.

Blog Entries
    Like I said before the series, he could score 80 and those who don't like him will still find reason to nitpick. Love it love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    I agree with all the posters here that the incessant whining after every missed call does piss me off. You would think someone would have told him that he needs to cut that out.
    It's not just Lebron. The entire Heat team whines after every call/no call. Wade sat on the ground and threw a tantrum like a 5 year old because he didn't get a call last night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Blog Entries

and when the Heat win game 7 and the championship, you guys can keep the thread going about how they didn't win it 'good enough'. I love it!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    It's not just Lebron. The entire Heat team whines after every call/no call. Wade sat on the ground and threw a tantrum like a 5 year old because he didn't get a call last night.

:word Best player in the world or the worst player at the Y, it's annoying no matter who does it.

Blog Entries

The Spurs do it too. Manu cried after his travel/foul, half the bench jumped up on the block on Green's last shot.

All teams work the refs for fouls, it's not exclusive to the Heat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    :word Best player in the world or the worst player at the Y, it's annoying no matter who does it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    The Spurs do it too. Manu cried after his travel/foul, half the bench jumped up on the block on Green's last shot.

All teams and Players work/whine to differing degrees.

I get not liking that lebron does it (rightfully or not), and he should get up and get back on defense, i just dont like the notion that seems to get passed on that hes the only one that has done such.

Hes being held to an impossible standard. Not just Jordan, but what people choose to remember about Jordan, or in some cases, not.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    All teams and Players work/whine to differing degrees.

I get not liking that lebron does it (rightfully or not), and he should get up and get back on defense, i just dont like the notion that seems to get passed on that hes the only one that has done such.

Hes being held to an impossible standard. Not just Jordan, but what people choose to remember about Jordan, or in some cases, not.
    Totally agree. And the same happened to Kobe, after Lebron it will be somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

Of course every team does it, but not to the extent that the Heat do IMO.

I didn't see Ginobli sitting on the ground throwing a temper tantrum because he didn't get the call. We saw that twice last night from the Heat's biggest stars.

Blog Entries

Of course every team does it, but not to the extent that the Heat do IMO.

I didn't see Ginobli sitting on the ground throwing a temper tantrum because he didn't get the call. We saw that twice last night from the Heat's biggest stars.
    Two of their biggest stars doesn't equate to the whole team doing it to that level.

I don't disagree Wade and Lebron were over the top last night, I just disagree with paintinga whole team as over the top and saying they're the only ones that do it.