Page 62 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Im not being sensitive at all. Just calling it how i see it which is just the opposite. judging him by a 3 play stretch and saying he doesnt compare to your "man crush" because of a miss. Thats despite 30 pts 8 rebounds and 10 assists he had before OT, which apparently meant nothing to the game because he missed 3 shots and had a TO.
    At the time of that post, he didn't have those numbers so nobody was arguing against those numbers.

Context is everything and the fact you singled out one post in a sea of other similar posts and then took it out of context certainly gives the impression of sensitivity.

If you say otherwise, then I believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It's called "Argument from incredulity"

I never argued such. Not sure why you're bringing it up now.

Not sure how pointing out LeBron whining is nonsense since he DID do it. Twice.

And sarcasm =/= ad hominem
    That's not how arguing from incredulity works. I didn't say I couldn't imagine how it would be possible for Jordan to win without OT, I said asserting it as a fact that he would was unsupportable and pointless.

I brought up Jordan's OTs to point out that any assertion that he would have won a specific game in regulation is not likely to be all that strong an assertion.

Pointing out Lebron's whining wasn't nonsense, but the inherent implication in the statement was that Jordan DID NOT whine or work the refs. He did. Plenty. You can't condemn one guy for working the refs and then ignore it that another guy did.

As for your last point, you're right, ad hominem doesn't equal sarcasm, I was over analyzing the inherent anti-gay baggage associated with accusing one man of having a crush on another man as a form of persuasion via smearing him. I know you well enough to know that that was the last thing on your mind and should have gone to the more generous and far more likely interpretation.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Re: NBA playoffs

At the time of that post, he didn't have those numbers so nobody was arguing against those numbers.

Context is everything and the fact you singled out one post in a sea of other similar posts and then took it out of context certainly gives the impression of sensitivity.

If you say otherwise, then I believe you.
    There was a "sea" so to speak of a few people calling him a choker (which was incredibly early to say such) but at that point there was only one saying hes not comparable to Jordan because of a miss, and basically defining his career and/or legacy.

the whining, we can agree to disagree if you dont feel Jordan did. However on that topic, as much as it may be easier to play physically because they call so many more fouls it must be that much harder to play mentally. Reason being, pre 2000, everybody knew youd have to hack somebody pretty hard to get a call. Now a days you can get away with downright attacking somebody one play and the next play do nothing and get called. Not saying there werent bad or "makeup" calls before but it did seem they just let them play a lot more. I think that plays into the "whining" and/or flopping we see in todays game. As much as we complain that this or that was obviously a foul or was a horrible call, they have to play the game under those conditions which can be even more stressing.
    -JAB

Jordan working the refs (which he did do, of course) is WAY different than sitting on your ass, crying about a call that didn't get made while your team is rushing back on D. And he did it twice in the span of about four plays.

Are some of you really debating that's not a valid comparison? Or valid criticism?

Look, I get it. Any sort of criticism and some of you guys go nuts. But come on. This was an amazing OT performance by LeBron. No doubt about it. But it was the tail of two games and it was not his finest moment either.

Blog Entries
    That's why they play the whole game. It's not about one half or qtr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Werewolf View Post
    Holy crap..... this was one of the best NBA Final games I've ever seen in my life. Call it a choke if you want to but I give Miami a ton of credit for pulling it together and staying focused through the OT. And put me in the camp of Gino NOT getting fouled on that last play. If anything he walked and got away with it.

I know SA and Pop generally do not get rattled but Miami has to be in their heads now. How do you come back from a soul crushing loss like this when the title was yours for teh taking? There's no doubt in my mind who wins tomorrow and I doubt it will even be close.
    Agreed on the game. It reminded me of the Ravens/Broncos game in the playoffs. There was such intensity and twist and turns that you couldn't turn away.

As for the Spurs being done I would say not so fast. I picked the Heat in 6 but I would not be surprised to see the Spurs win it on Thursday.

Yes they blew that game/the Heat played out of their minds but San Antonio knows that this is it as Duncan and Pop are probably hanging it up and Manu probably won't be resigned. When you know there is literally no tomorrow for this team of great to HOF players then that might be enough gas to get them over the top.

The Spurs are as mentally tough as team in sports.

They'll be ready.

I'll give Miami credit for coming back and winning, but Ginobili's turnovers killed the Spurs.

I'm not much of a basketball fan myself and the finals are the most games I've watched all season, but I can't see how you don't find Lebron staying on the floor calling for a foul while every one else is damn near all the way down the court annoying.

iggyman555 Guest

i cant watch the nba the refs have too much control

Blog Entries

Good morning fallacy! You're on a roll!

Since its my opinion, it requires neither proof or meaning.

Having seen both in their primes, I'm quite confident in my stance, since he did it numerous times.

Nice job of cheering picking what wrote though. No challenge to him being a whiner huh?

Jordan working the refs (which he did do, of course) is WAY different than sitting on your ass, crying about a call that didn't get made while your team is rushing back on D. And he did it twice in the span of about four plays.

Are some of you really debating that's not a valid comparison? Or valid criticism?

Look, I get it. Any sort of criticism and some of you guys go nuts. But come on. This was an amazing OT performance by LeBron. No doubt about it. But it was the tail of two games and it was not his finest moment either.
    I am a Lebron fan only because the intense criticism he's gotten over the past few years. But I gotta say, the constant bitching about every play while your team is running back to defend 5 -4 or going on offense 4 -5 because you're bitching was driving me craszy. I was literaly yelling at the tv for him to get back on D.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I'll give Miami credit for coming back and winning, but Ginobili's turnovers killed the Spurs.
    This. I don't see how SA rebounds after pissing the game away.

I just want to say that the game was called favorably for SA for almost the entire game.

Tony Parker should have been given an acting award. This dude dribbles around with his off hand constantly warding off defenders and at the slightest bit of contact he jerks his head back like Keanu Reeves in the Matrix.

LeBron was getting bodied every time he went into the paint for 3 quarters and wasn't getting many calls. I think it made him a little skeptical of trying to drive the lane. Thankfully he said screw it and brought his team back from the dead.

If D Wade didn't come back in for the last couple of minutes than the Heat would've won in regulation.