Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 5960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Re: NBA playoffs

Holy crap..... this was one of the best NBA Final games I've ever seen in my life. Call it a choke if you want to but I give Miami a ton of credit for pulling it together and staying focused through the OT. And put me in the camp of Gino NOT getting fouled on that last play. If anything he walked and got away with it.

I know SA and Pop generally do not get rattled but Miami has to be in their heads now. How do you come back from a soul crushing loss like this when the title was yours for teh taking? There's no doubt in my mind who wins tomorrow and I doubt it will even be close.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Jordan would have put it away in the 4th though.
    You can't possibly expect anyone to take such an unprovable and meaningless hypothetical seriously can you?
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post

Too many fans like to make proclamations about how certain players have defined their careers or legacies or what have you WAY WAY WAAAAY before said proclamations are justified.
    Except I never said it was a defining moment.

Blog Entries
    Guess it wasn't over at halftime after all. :)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

You can't possibly expect anyone to take such an unprovable and meaningless hypothetical seriously can you?
    Good morning fallacy! You're on a roll!

Since its my opinion, it requires neither proof or meaning.

Having seen both in their primes, I'm quite confident in my stance, since he did it numerous times.

Nice job of cheering picking what wrote though. No challenge to him being a whiner huh?

Except I never said it was a defining moment.
    I would say that unequivocally stating he shouldn't be compared to Jordan anymore is pretty defining.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries
    Watched the end lmfao... So many haters thought it was over

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Watched the end lmfao... So many haters thought it was over
    Even his supporters thought it was over. NC was calling it in the third.

Amazing comeback. LeBron was an absolute monster in OT.

Good morning fallacy! You're on a roll!

Since its my opinion, it requires neither proof or meaning.

Having seen both in their primes, I'm quite confident in my stance, since he did it numerous times.

Nice job of cheering picking what wrote though. No challenge to him being a whiner huh?
    Fallacy? Which fallacy is that specifically? Because calling out an unsupportable opinion as such when its presented as if it were a fact is kinda the opposite of a fallacy.

And having also watched plenty of Jordan I can state with equal assurance that he definitely played in OT more than once.

As for cherry picking, your nonsense about whining to the refs was addressed already, you responded with the actual fallacy of engaging in ad hominem by implying that the poster doing so had some sort of romantic attachment to Lebron.

Blog Entries
    Even his supporters thought it was over. NC was calling it in the third.

Amazing comeback. LeBron was an absolute monster in OT.
    He called it at halftime. Can never do that, it's a game of runs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fallacy? Which fallacy is that specifically? Because calling out an unsupportable opinion as such when its presented as if it were a fact is kinda the opposite of a fallacy.
    It's called "Argument from incredulity"

And having also watched plenty of Jordan I can state with equal assurance that he definitely played in OT more than once.
    I never argued such. Not sure why you're bringing it up now.

As for cherry picking, your nonsense about whining to the refs was addressed already, you responded with the actual fallacy of engaging in ad hominem by implying that the poster doing so had some sort of romantic attachment to Lebron.
    Not sure how pointing out LeBron whining is nonsense since he DID do it. Twice.

And sarcasm =/= ad hominem

Blog Entries

Re: NBA playoffs

How about giving me an opportunity for me to give props instead of getting uber sensitive about your man crush?

I didn't see OT. Now that I have seen the highlights, I give LeBron mad props for turning it on last night. His game was elevated in extra time. No doubt about it and he deserves praise for that.

Jordan would have put it away in the 4th though. And he certainly would have never sat on his ass (twice) bitching about not getting a foul call while everyone else is back on D in a close elimination game.
    Im not being sensitive at all. Just calling it how i see it which is just the opposite. judging him by a 3 play stretch and saying he doesnt compare to your "man crush" because of a miss. Thats despite 30 pts 8 rebounds and 10 assists he had before OT, which apparently meant nothing to the game because he missed 3 shots and had a TO.
    -JAB