Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 882

Thread: NBA playoffs

  1. #751

    Re: NBA playoffs



    Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    It's not just Lebron. The entire Heat team whines after every call/no call. Wade sat on the ground and threw a tantrum like a 5 year old because he didn't get a call last night.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Best player in the world or the worst player at the Y, it's annoying no matter who does it.




  2. #752
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,745

    Re: NBA playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    It's not just Lebron. The entire Heat team whines after every call/no call. Wade sat on the ground and threw a tantrum like a 5 year old because he didn't get a call last night.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The Spurs do it too. Manu cried after his travel/foul, half the bench jumped up on the block on Green's last shot.

    All teams work the refs for fouls, it's not exclusive to the Heat.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  3. #753

    Re: NBA playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Best player in the world or the worst player at the Y, it's annoying no matter who does it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    The Spurs do it too. Manu cried after his travel/foul, half the bench jumped up on the block on Green's last shot.

    All teams work the refs for fouls, it's not exclusive to the Heat.
    All teams and Players work/whine to differing degrees.

    I get not liking that lebron does it (rightfully or not), and he should get up and get back on defense, i just dont like the notion that seems to get passed on that hes the only one that has done such.

    Hes being held to an impossible standard. Not just Jordan, but what people choose to remember about Jordan, or in some cases, not.
    -JAB




  4. #754
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,745

    Re: NBA playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    All teams and Players work/whine to differing degrees.

    I get not liking that lebron does it (rightfully or not), and he should get up and get back on defense, i just dont like the notion that seems to get passed on that hes the only one that has done such.

    Hes being held to an impossible standard. Not just Jordan, but what people choose to remember about Jordan, or in some cases, not.
    Totally agree. And the same happened to Kobe, after Lebron it will be somebody else.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  5. #755
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Parkville, MD
    Posts
    2,182

    Re: NBA playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    The Spurs do it too. Manu cried after his travel/foul, half the bench jumped up on the block on Green's last shot.

    All teams work the refs for fouls, it's not exclusive to the Heat.
    Of course every team does it, but not to the extent that the Heat do IMO.

    I didn't see Ginobli sitting on the ground throwing a temper tantrum because he didn't get the call. We saw that twice last night from the Heat's biggest stars.




  6. #756
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,745

    Re: NBA playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Of course every team does it, but not to the extent that the Heat do IMO.

    I didn't see Ginobli sitting on the ground throwing a temper tantrum because he didn't get the call. We saw that twice last night from the Heat's biggest stars.
    Two of their biggest stars doesn't equate to the whole team doing it to that level.

    I don't disagree Wade and Lebron were over the top last night, I just disagree with paintinga whole team as over the top and saying they're the only ones that do it.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  7. #757
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,952
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: NBA playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Two of their biggest stars doesn't equate to the whole team doing it to that level.

    I don't disagree Wade and Lebron were over the top last night, I just disagree with paintinga whole team as over the top and saying they're the only ones that do it.
    Did you stay till the end? You had thrown in the towel and called it over at halftime.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  8. #758
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,535
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    All teams and Players work/whine to differing degrees.
    Very true ....

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    i just dont like the notion that seems to get passed on that hes the only one that has done such
    Has anyone made this accusation?

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Hes being held to an impossible standard. Not just Jordan, but what people choose to remember about Jordan, or in some cases, not.
    Ok, I'll bite. What have those on the Jordan side not remembered about him?

    Jordan made an art form out of giving the refs the business after a no call, but he was doing it as he ran back on D. There's a reason Jordan was one the best on-the-ball defenders in the history of the game, won the Defensive Player of the Year Award and was named All Defensive First Team 9 times. Nine. Let that sink in for a second. You have get back and play defense to get these honors.

    Now I am never going to say that Jordan never cried. I will say that he never did it in the final minutes of an elimination game when his team needed him the most.

    It's posts like this that make me believe you're more sensitive about this than you let on. Because when it's something quantitative such as hard stats, you have no problem making the comparison when it swings in LeBrons favor. But when folks (numerous and unbiased) make an observation about the crying and the sometimes malaise on defense, all of a sudden living up to Jordan is an "impossible standard".
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #759
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,745

    Re: NBA playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Did you stay till the end? You had thrown in the towel and called it over at halftime.
    I watched the whole thing. It was awesome. The Heat just looked like they didn't think they could win it whihc is why I called it early.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  10. #760
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Parkville, MD
    Posts
    2,182

    Re: NBA playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Two of their biggest stars doesn't equate to the whole team doing it to that level.

    I don't disagree Wade and Lebron were over the top last night, I just disagree with paintinga whole team as over the top and saying they're the only ones that do it.
    Where did I say that they're the only ones that do it?




  11. #761
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,952
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: NBA playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I watched the whole thing. It was awesome. The Heat just looked like they didn't think they could win it whihc is why I called it early.
    You can just never tell, especially with that much time left. Some odd decisions by Pops, Duncan goes cold, Lebron goes video game mode (minus headband)... crazy 4th.

    Game 7 - what more can you ask for
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  12. #762
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,745

    Re: NBA playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Where did I say that they're the only ones that do it?
    Maybe I should have said "acted" instead of "say". But you did apply what you think Lebron and Wade did to the whole team.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  13. #763

    Re: NBA playoffs

    [QUOTE=HoustonRaven;637712]

    Jordan made an art form out of giving the refs the business after a no call, but he was doing it as he ran back on D. There's a reason Jordan was one the best on-the-ball defenders in the history of the game, won the Defensive Player of the Year Award and was named All Defensive First Team 9 times. Nine. Let that sink in for a second. You have get back and play defense to get these honors.

    [QUOTE]

    LeBron James has been All Defensive First Team 5 times. And he's only 28. He'll surpass those 9 in the next 5 years. LeBron is the best defender in the NBA and if you say otherwise than you don't watch the NBA regular season.

    LeBron gets hacked more than any other player. Game 7 is going to be epic though I can't wait.




  14. #764
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,745

    Re: NBA playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    You can just never tell, especially with that much time left. Some odd decisions by Pops, Duncan goes cold, Lebron goes video game mode (minus headband)... crazy 4th.

    Game 7 - what more can you ask for
    They looked at the half how the Spurs looked going into overtime, like "WTF just happened".

    Game 7 should be great. A lot of people are thinking the Spurs won't be able to bring it after the huge heart break, I think the problem for them is just how much Miami may now believe in themselves after that 4th quarter run, being down with 20 seconds to go tying it, overtime. That's what I'd be worried about if I were a Surs fan.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  15. #765

    Re: NBA playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Jordan made an art form out of giving the refs the business after a no call, but he was doing it as he ran back on D. There's a reason Jordan was one the best on-the-ball defenders in the history of the game, won the Defensive Player of the Year Award and was named All Defensive First Team 9 times. Nine. Let that sink in for a second. You have get back and play defense to get these honors.
    well if youre saying Lebron doesnt get back on D and still has 5 1st team all defensive honors then whats your point?

    as far as your opinion that he was the best on the ball defender. outside his first 5-6 years where he was one of the best, he was incredibly overrated defender. He wasnt even asked to defend the other teams best wings, Pippen was. thats not to say he wasnt good, but to say the best on the ball defender for even the majority of his own career is beyond a stretch. He did more defensively by jumping passing lanes than on the ball in his later years, which is part of the reason he still won awards.

    Now I am never going to say that Jordan never cried. I will say that he never did it in the final minutes of an elimination game when his team needed him the most.
    I still dont get how his trying to get a call late in a game means hes no longer comparable to Jordan. Dont like it, fine, its a better reason than most use, but to say it ends the debate between the two because of it? not even remotely.

    It's posts like this that make me believe you're more sensitive about this than you let on. Because when it's something quantitative such as hard stats, you have no problem making the comparison when it swings in LeBrons favor. But when folks (numerous and unbiased) make an observation about the crying and the sometimes malaise on defense, all of a sudden living up to Jordan is an "impossible standard".
    no, living up to what people "remember" of jordan is impossible. People remember all the good things and choose to ignore his flaws. Jordan the player was a lot more mortal than most of his fans and supporters memories, or in other words his legacy.
    -JAB




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland