Page 46 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Blog Entries

Re: NBA playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by conviction View Post
    I thought mentioning buyin championships would cause a stir.

For reference heres payrolls individu and team.http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

All 3 of those big three took paycuts, and obviously have superior talent to he rest of thr league. DWade had a ring, and miami looked good without lebron as he came after bosh and wade made their decisions no pun intended
    actually because of the taxes i think they basically make what those other guys ahead of them make. so not really a pay cut either.
    -JAB

It just all comes back to for whatever bizarre, nonsensical reason, people are ok star teams put together with forced and lopsided trades, but not with a few free agents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

With paycuts they acquired the youngest and talented team in the land. Thus the pep rally chant. Its not like lebron went to the knicks, all that was there was stoudemare with a max contract

I dont whine about lebron i just like seein him lose just like some people like or dislike the lakers

And honestly who like lebrons demeanor on the court? I dont and never did

With paycuts they acquired the youngest and talented team in the land. Thus the pep rally chant. Its not like lebron went to the knicks, all that was there was stoudemare with a max contract
    Youngest?

They are one of the oldest teams in the league and 2 and a half years in, Wade is over 30 and looks 35.

And everybody wound up seeing that the Knicks actually had a solid roster...the core of the Nuggets came from the Knicks...Wilson Chandler, Gallinari, Raymond Felton who was then traded for Andre Miller was a solid group of role players...Amare had that squad on the way to the playoffs even before Carmelo got there.

Lebron in actuality would have been much better served going to the Bulls if he wanted to just lock down championships.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    It just all comes back to for whatever bizarre, nonsensical reason, people are ok star teams put together with forced and lopsided trades, but not with a few free agents.

You mean... like this?

And honestly who like lebrons demeanor on the court? I dont and never did

Blog Entries

I actually have more respect for a guy (any guy) that will take less money for a chance to win a championship than one who just goes for the biggest paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If it's through trades or FA, the outcome is still the same -- a system that favors a few select teams over parity.
    Is it the system or the sport? A star player or two can have a huge impact on the fortunes of a basketball team. Even if you have a system designed to create parity, you going to have teams that are dominant and win multiple championships in short succession.

Meanwhile, baseball is a sport that probably lends itself to parity, but that's undermind (to a degree) by the lack of a salary cap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I actually have more respect for a guy (any guy) that will take less money for a chance to win a championship than one who just goes for the biggest paycheck.
    not sure I"m following.. the NBA has an individual player cap. Unlike the NFL where signing a crazy contract like the Ravens gave Flacco causes a team to have to gut and rebuild (ducks and runs)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    Is it the system or the sport? A star player or two can have a huge impact on the fortunes of a basketball team. Even if you have a system designed to create parity, you going to have teams that are dominant and win multiple championships in short succession.

Meanwhile, baseball is a sport that probably lends itself to parity, but that's undermind (to a degree) by the lack of a salary cap.
    That's a fair point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    not sure I"m following.. the NBA has an individual player cap. Unlike the NFL where signing a crazy contract like the Ravens gave Flacco causes a team to have to gut and rebuild (ducks and runs)
    I was just going off of what he posted....