Page 40 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Blog Entries
    This is a great game

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Re: NBA playoffs

We have a series now... turnovers were a big difference last night just as they were in a different way game 1.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    We have a series now... turnovers were a big difference last night just as they were in a different way game 1.
    If the big 3 show up like they did last night the rest of the series, i doubt the Spurs win another game. Bosh needs to continue to play like he did. Wade played probably above what he needed to, but it was good to see. James will likely continue to look for his first, despite it going against his instincts. great series. looking forward to getting to see a whole game again sunday.
    -JAB

This is the most bizarre finals I can remember.

These two teams are pretty even, yet only one game has been close at the end.

I certainly wouldn't count on the big 3 playing like that again, Wade in particular. Bosh does look like he's regained confidence tough.

The Spurs need more from Ginobli or Pop should shut him down and give more minutes to Green or the fearless Gary Neal (Towson!)...oh, and stop giving Splitter so many minutes, this is a horrible matchup for him. I think Parker will be much better with more rest and Duncan is chugging along...their role players have been pretty darn good this series.

It's going 7

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

I certainly wouldn't count on the big 3 playing like that again, Wade in particular. Bosh does look like he's regained confidence tough.

The Spurs need more from Ginobli or Pop should shut him down and give more minutes to Green or the fearless Gary Neal (Towson!)...oh, and stop giving Splitter so many minutes, this is a horrible matchup for him. I think Parker will be much better with more rest and Duncan is chugging along...their role players have been pretty darn good this series.

It's going 7

I think Wade needs to be around 20 a game for them to have a legitimate shot. He doesnt need to play like he did last night, but clearly still has a couple of those left in him. All depends on how hes feeling that day. Whatever he did last night worked, for his and the Heats sake ill hope hes turned that corner health wise.

I agree. Its kind of a joke that call the Spurs a big 3 still. Ginobili, who ive always liked, is pretty much done, imo. Green has been far more deserving of those minutes.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

It's going 7
    I agree with everything you said. Splitter has not looked especially good so far, but Ginobili has been the hugest disappointment by far. It's unbelievable the drop-off he's had from the Manu of old. I really don't like the Spurs too much so I remember him bedeviling the teams they played (esp. the Pistons), which made me dislike him the most. Now? He just looks really lost. He had SQUADOOSH points for them in Game 4. If he had poured in even a solid 10 it would have been a different game.

I too see this going 7. But if they keep alternating wins, the Spurs will get to 4 first.
    Last edited by akashicrecorder; 06-14-2013 at 10:37 AM.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think Wade needs to be around 20 a game for them to have a legitimate shot. He doesnt need to play like he did last night, but clearly still has a couple of those left in him. All depends on how hes feeling that day. Whatever he did last night worked, for his and the Heats sake ill hope hes turned that corner health wise.

I agree. Its kind of a joke that call the Spurs a big 3 still. Ginobili, who ive always liked, is pretty much done, imo. Green has been far more deserving of those minutes.
    I agree 20 from Wade should do. But it was enjoyable watching him play like that.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post

I too see this going 7. But if they keep alternating wins, the Spurs will get to 4 first.
    Yup.

People are pointing out how Miami has won 6 in a row after losses, but the Heat haven't won 2 in a row since the Chicago series and if they can't manage to win 2 in a row in these next 3 games, the Spurs obviously will win.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I agree 20 from Wade should do. But it was enjoyable watching him play like that.
    A lot of fans and media have been giving Wade a break due to the knee. I know I have. Not any more - he just proved he can play at a high level right now. No excuses and Bosh really went to the rim like I haven't seen him do in a long time.

This shows how HUGE it was for SA to win that first game. They have a chance to really put themselves in a good position on Sunday. Very odd series but pretty good.

Last two games I missed the first half. Sunday I'll have beverage and snacks ready for the full game

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    A lot of fans and media have been giving Wade a break due to the knee. I know I have. Not any more - he just proved he can play at a high level right now. No excuses and Bosh really went to the rim like I haven't seen him do in a long time.

This shows how HUGE it was for SA to win that first game. They have a chance to really put themselves in a good position on Sunday. Very odd series but pretty good.

Last two games I missed the first half. Sunday I'll have beverage and snacks ready for the full game
    I'm not sure what to make of his knee. He's clearly injured or was, I just have no idea.

If he and/or Bosh play like that for 2 more games the Heat can take it. The way those 3 hustled for loose balls, got steals and blocks (especially Bosh) was why I think they won.

Green and Neal will eventually cool down so my head says the Heat, but who the hell really knows. Sunday will be fun..

Blog Entries
    Happy Fathers Day! Lets hope for an exciting game 5

Ginobli had been a turn over machine this series.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt