Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by conviction View Post
    I recall Jordan sticking it out for a handful of years.
    He had Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant 3 and a half years into his time there.

Lebron had Larry Hughes and Eric Snow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Re: NBA playoffs

Can I just not like LeBron. Apparently I need to paint you guys a beautiful picture to get my feelings of LeBron across and I really don't think its that difficult although I do see some points I don't think my mind will ever change... maybe in a parallel universe I'd like him lol
    Anyone is free to dislike whomever they want. It was just funny all the dancing around saying you didn't like him teaming up to win a championship because you didn't like him.

And when you finally admitted it, you support your opinion with things you can't possibly know or prove.

Like "2. on court demeanor - instigated by his ego, not his will to win aka personality"
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

Lol its weird to me because my dislike is like second nature to me. I know alot of people with similar sentiments.
    Of course there are a lot of people that hate him.

There just are also some of us who think the reasons are incredibly silly.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He had Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant 3 and a half years into his time there.

Lebron had Larry Hughes and Eric Snow.

I'm goign through all the past NBA championship teams. I literally can not think if one team without at least 3 stars or two superstars or 1 superstar and two stars. Can yo?
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Anyone is free to dislike whomever they want. It was just funny all the dancing around saying you didn't like him teaming up to win a championship because you didn't like him.

And when you finally admitted it, you support your opinion with things you can't possibly know or prove.

Like "2. on court demeanor - instigated by his ego, not his will to win aka personality"
    Like someone else said, Jordan would punch and yell at his teammates. LeBron is a passive guy by nature and I feel like the things he does is forced. Thats why he has to meditate and read books because he can't handle his own mind.

Of course there are a lot of people that hate him.

There just are also some of us who think the reasons are incredibly silly.

There are just so many things that can be said. Personality, his quest for rings, poster boy, media. I can understand why this discussion can get heated.

I'm goign through all the past NBA championship teams. I literally can not think if one team without at least 3 stars or two superstars or 1 superstar and two stars. Can yo?
    How many had to leave? That might be something I'd be interested in. I think Olajuwan did the heavy lifting for the Rockets if I remember correctly.

Plenty of great teams with 2 stars. Koke/Shaq; stockton/malone; payton/kemp; etc

There are a select few like the 2011 Mavs and 2004 Pistons, but those teams had a lot of very good all star calibre players to make up for it.

None of the "greats" did it like that though...every team that had a sustained run at championships had multiple HOF in their prime players.

How many had to leave? That might be something I'd be interested in. I think Olajuwan did the heavy lifting for the Rockets if I remember correctly.
    He did, but he also had good and very good players. Cassell was good then, Big Shot Horry, Maxwell was good. Kenny Smith was a good player.

HOw many guys HAD to leave? That's a tough question to answer, depends on the FO, I guess. How many guys left and wonwith other teams? Not sure and I don't really care to research it.

Blog Entries

I don't hate LeBron James. I don't hate anybody. From a fan perspective, I do dislike him, yet feel sorry for him at the same time.

It wasn't his fault that he came into the league deemed the "Chosen One", with the nickname of "King James". However, I feel like he could have done a lot more to downplay the hype and stay focused. I feel like he played into the hype too much and once he did that, he was somewhat responsible for the ridicule that would follow if he didn't live up to the hype.

Truth be told, he didn't have much to work with in Cleveland and Mike Brown wasn't going to outcoach anybody in the playoffs, when it mattered the most.

There was some information that came out about how the Cavaliers' owner gave James too much stroke behind the scenes, and an arrogance grew. Danny Ainge went to the owner and suggested that James be toned down behind the scenes, to keep this from getting out of hand. The owner didn't listen.

Meanwhile, in public, James continued to do very little to downplay the hype. So, I couldn't really feel sorry for the heat he took early in his career, even though he was really a one man show.

Then, the Delonte West incident happened and that is where I feel sorry for him. No man should have to go through that, period, and for him to have to deal with that, surrounded by celebrity, was truly wrong. I can understand why he played the way he played in his final series as a Cavalier, against Boston. That shit would fuck with anybody's head.

Now, LeBron could have simply had West sent packing. Plus, Chris Paul apparently was willing to join James in Cleveland (A better fit for him, in my opinion), with Byron Scott possibly joining as the new coach.

James choose to leave. I could never see myself wanting to leave my hometown team, but I really can't knock James for his decision to leave. It's more so the way it was done. When Bosh and Wade decided to unite in Miami, you saw a little scroll at the bottom of the screen and you later saw a cam of the two together, doing a brief Q and A.

This cat James, decides to then announce, that he'll make his actual announcement about what team he'll join, the following night, and actually has the nerve to use charity as a crutch, with the proceeds and carrying on.

To do that to your hometown team, no less, man....then the announcement itself. "taking my talents to South Beach" "This isn't going to be a team that is satisfied with just making the playoffs"

If that is the type of team Cleveland was, it's only an indictment of him as the leader of that team.

Now, Cleveland's owner was far from better with his reaction to the decision, and struck particularly low when he put a picture of Delonte West on the team's website that night.

He could have stayed in Cleveland and been joined by Paul. He could have went to Chicago and joined Boozer and Rose. He chose Miami and there was a back target that came with it.

Then, the freaking rock star concert to introduce themselves. It's like all three of them were uncomfortable about the situation until they all got together in Miami and it was like, "Yeah, we planned it, we set it up all along, and now we're going to take over the league".

"Not five, not six, not seven" pfft.

Then the Dirk sick incident. In the grand scheme of things, not a big deal, happens in every locker room of every sport. However, that doesn't mean you can't get your chops busted for getting caught mocking him, them getting beat in six, with the deciding game on your home floor.

Kobe is 5-1 in Finals
    Jordan was 6-0

They can do it.

James is knocking on the door of 1-3.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 06-18-2013 at 06:57 PM.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Lol its weird to me because my dislike is like second nature to me. I know alot of people with similar sentiments.
    I hear ya. And Forbes did a survey last season and he's one of the most disliked athletes in pro sports.

I shared these feeling after the "decision" to some extent. But he's not the same person he was 5 years ago. He's humbled quite a bit.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

There are a select few like the 2011 Mavs and 2004 Pistons, but those teams had a lot of very good all star calibre players to make up for it.

None of the "greats" did it like that though...every team that had a sustained run at championships had multiple HOF in their prime players.

Those were two that came to mind. But like you said they had a lot of good (not great) players.

How many of them came into great situations?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I don't hate LeBron James. I don't hate anybody. From a fan perspective, I do dislike him, yet feel sorry for him at the same time.

It wasn't his fault that he came into the league deemed the "Chosen One", with the nickname of "King James". However, I feel like he could have done a lot more to downplay the hype and stay focused. I feel like he played into the hype too much and once he did that, he was somewhat responsible for the ridicule that would follow if he didn't live up to the hype.

Truth be told, he didn't have much to work with in Cleveland and Mike Brown wasn't going to outcoach anybody in the playoffs, when it mattered the most.

There was some information that came out about how the Cavaliers' owner gave James too much stroke behind the scenes, and an arrogance grew. Danny Ainge went to the owner and suggested that James be toned down behind the scenes, to keep this from getting out of hand. The owner didn't listen.

Meanwhile, in public, James continued to do very little to downplay the hype. So, I couldn't really feel sorry for the heat he took early in his career, even though he was really a one man show.

Then, the Delonte West incident happened and that is where I feel sorry for him. No man should have to go through that, period, and for him to have to deal with that, surrounded by celebrity, was truly wrong. I can understand why he played the way he played in his final series as a Cavalier, against Boston. That shit would fuck with anybody's head.

Now, LeBron could have simply had West sent packing. Plus, Chris Paul apparently was willing to join James in Cleveland (A better fit for him, in my opinion), with Byron Scott possibly joining as the new coach.

James choose to leave. I could never see myself wanting to leave my hometown team, but I really can't knock James for his decision to leave. It's more so the way it was done. When Bosh and Wade decided to unite in Miami, you saw a little scroll at the bottom of the screen and you later saw a cam of the two together, doing a brief Q and A.

This cat James, decides to then announce, that he'll make his actually announcement about what team he'll join, the following night, and actually has the nerve to use charity as a crutch, with the proceeds and carrying on.

To that to your hometown team, no less, man....then the announcement itself. "taking my talents to South Beach" "This isn't going to be a team that is satisfied with just making the playoffs"

If that is the type of team Cleveland was, it's only an indictment of him as the leader of that team.

He could have stayed in Cleveland and been joined by Paul. He could have went to Chicago and joined Boozer and Rose. He chose Miami and there was a back target that came with it.

Then, the freaking rock star concert to introduce themselves. It's like all three of them were uncomfortable about the situation until they all got together in Miami and it was like, "Yeah, we planned it, we set it up all along, and now we're going to take over the league".

"Not five, not six, not seven" pfft.

Then the Dirk sick incident. In the grand scheme of things, not a big deal, happens in every locker room of every sport. However, that doesn't mean you can't get your chops busted for getting caught mocking him, them getting beat in six, with the deciding game on your home floor.

Kobe is 5-1 in Finals
    Jordan was 6-0

They can do it.

James is knocking on the door of 1-3.