Page 32 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Re: NBA playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    just curious but what was the % before they started scoring layups at will in the 3rd and went on that huge run? I would think it was a lot closer. end result, obviously Heat outplayed them, but my point was at the time when it was neck and neck they played very similar.
    they hit over 50% from traytown

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by conviction View Post
    they hit over 50% from traytown
    so did the Spurs. I cant find halftime FG%. I just remember when i was watching thinking how many misses i was seeing from both sides. Maybe that wasnt the case. I know the end result they ended up being 50%, but after a 33-5 run youd expect one teams % to rise substantially.
    -JAB

There were 2 layups in that 3rd quarter run.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

According to this article at halftime of the game, the Heat were shooting 51% at the break.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    According to this article at halftime of the game, the Heat were shooting 51% at the break.
    fair enough.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

sure seemed like the Heat were missing a lot of fast breaks and pick and rolls in the first half. Not 'easy' buckets but shots from the paint.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Than why was MJ better than everyone else when he wasn't the biggest or strongest?

But we are getting to far away from the point. It was just that MJ couldn't do what Lebron did, and it wasn't because of lack of skill it was because of physical limitations.
    I'm just saying that a lack of physical limitations is what makes a player great. If two players are equally skilled but one is bigger and more athletic than I think it's obvious which player you would take.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    I'm just saying that a lack of physical limitations is what makes a player great. If two players are equally skilled but one is bigger and more athletic than I think it's obvious which player you would take.
    Maybe but my reply was in response to "Things Jordan couldn't do" as if it was because of skill. That's why I said if they were the same size I don't doubt he could do that. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    Debatable.

If two players are equally skilled with one player being larger but the other having better intangibles, is it still obvious which one you would take?
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Debatable.

If two players are equally skilled with one player being larger but the other having better intangibles, is it still obvious which one you would take?
    Intangible: 1. Incapable of being perceived by the senses.
    2. Incapable of being realized or defined.

How do you quantify "Intangibles"? If you're trying to say that MJ won more or had more memorable moments than that is obvious. We get pissed around here all the time about people comparing Flacco to Brady and Manning. Our argument is that Flacco is still writing his story.

If LeBron wins a championship this year then MJ and he will have had both won 2 Rings before their 30th birthday.

All that is besides my original point which is to say that part of what makes LeBron so great is that he can do things that others cannot.

I wasn't referring to LeBron or MJ, just the idea in general.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    sure seemed like the Heat were missing a lot of fast breaks and pick and rolls in the first half. Not 'easy' buckets but shots from the paint.
    seemed like it. Must have been the nature of the misses that made it seem like more i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Maybe but my reply was in response to "Things Jordan couldn't do" as if it was because of skill. That's why I said if they were the same size I don't doubt he could do that. That's all.
    I did not intend for that to be skill. Jordan could block guards just fine. I just meant he couldnt take on a center like that. Physically he was incapable.
    -JAB