Page 30 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Blog Entries

Re: NBA playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Things Jordan couldnt do for 500 Alex...
    I had this convo this weekend. And what I came up with I think can be summed up this way.

Lebron does everything at a better than average level, but the things Jordan was best at Lebron is slightly below him.

I see Lebron as a mixture of Magic and Jordan, not being better than either at what they were best at but maybe a better overall player when you add in defense.

Things Jordan couldnt do for 500 Alex...
    Oh please.

He utterly stuffed quite a number of players, including Shaq. Lets not get carried away here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Oh please.

He utterly stuffed quite a number of players, including Shaq. Lets not get carried away here.
    "stuffing Shaq" by swiping the ball away from behind when he was going up for a jump shot is a lot different than facing up and taking on a guy full force trying to dunk with momentum.

Thats straight denial to say Jordan manned the middle like LBJ does and revisionists history if there ever was. 6'-6" 215lbs vs 6'-9" 250lbs. He wasnt built to do what LBJ can.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

"stuffing Shaq" by swiping the ball away from behind when he was going up for a jump shot is a lot different than facing up and taking on a guy full force trying to dunk with momentum.

Thats straight denial to say Jordan manned the middle like LBJ does and revisionists history if there ever was. 6'-6" 215lbs vs 6'-9" 250lbs. He wasnt built to do what LBJ can.
    Watch Lebron's again. What is so impressive is not only did the ball not go any further once he palmed the ball, Splitter stopped in his tracks as well.

Blog Entries

Oh please.

HE does have a few good blocks in this. Number 26 about the 6 min mark is really impressive.

Nobody made such claims.

You're claim of what Jordan "couldn't do" is the issue.

And as NC points out, he could and did. Of course Jordan isn't the shot blocker on par with LBJ. But that's not to say he couldn't do it.

Just as Lebrons detractors need to be honest, so too do y'all who hate on Jordan.

Blog Entries

I don't quite get all the angst about what Lebron is or isn't. I know one thing he was last night, even during times where he struggled... the best player on the floor.
    If they're going to collapse on him every time then his passing ability creates wide open shots for the other guys. Game 3 will be very fun to watch.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Nobody made such claims.

You're claim of what Jordan "couldn't do" is the issue.

And as NC points out, he could and did. Of course Jordan isn't the shot blocker on par with LBJ. But that's not to say he couldn't do it.

Just as Lebrons detractors need to be honest, so too do y'all who hate on Jordan.
    saying he can block a guard or even forward once in awhile and saying "things Jordan couldnt do" face up and defend the paint against Centers like LBJ is another.

I give Jordan his dues, but he was not the freak athlete that lebron is to be able to guard 1-5. As soon as he unretires and starts guarding guys centers and Power forwards, ill gladly say he was capable of doing it.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

saying he can block a guard or even forward once in awhile and saying "things Jordan couldnt do" face up and defend the paint against Centers like LBJ is another.

I give Jordan his dues, but he was not the freak athlete that lebron is to be able to guard 1-5. As soon as he unretires and starts guarding guys centers and Power forwards, ill gladly say he was capable of doing it.
    If they were similar size I wouldn't put it past Jordan. Watching that highlight reel, you see what a freak athlete he was. I think he was equally as far ahead of his competition athletically as Lebron is of his.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    If they were similar size I wouldn't put it past Jordan. Watching that highlight reel, you see what a freak athlete he was. I think he was equally as far ahead of his competition athletically as Lebron is of his.
    they arent though. Guys 6'9 250lbs arent suppose to move like LBJ and be strong enough to guard Cs and fast enough to guard PGs. Jordan was an exceptional athlete, but not in the way of LBJ or even Magic. Theres a different level there that is due to his physical abilities. guys that can guard 1-5 effectively vs a guy that can do 1-3 effectively are always going to get the nod for me because its a much rarer feat to be that fast and that strong.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

they arent though. Guys 6'9 250lbs arent suppose to move like LBJ and be strong enough to guard Cs and fast enough to guard PGs. Jordan was an exceptional athlete, but not in the way of LBJ or even Magic. Theres a different level there that is due to his physical abilities. guys that can guard 1-5 effectively vs a guy that can do 1-3 effectively are always going to get the nod for me because its a much rarer feat to be that fast and that strong.
    That's essentially what I am saying. Due to the size difference Lebron is able to do these things. If Jordan were the same size back then I think he could have done then what Lebron does now.

I'm not sure how old you are and if you saw Jordan in his prime or not, but he was athletically ahead of everyone he played against, if he were 3 inches taller and 30 lbs heavier I think he could have easily guarded a center or two.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That's essentially what I am saying. Due to the size difference Lebron is able to do these things. If Jordan were the same size back then I think he could have done then what Lebron does now.

I'm not sure how old you are and if you saw Jordan in his prime or not, but he was athletically ahead of everyone he played against, if he were 3 inches taller and 30 lbs heavier I think he could have easily guarded a center or two.
    I was only 1 when he was drafted, so depending on if you consider the mid 90s his prime or his first few years when he was a more complete player. I saw and remember all 6 championships. I didnt get to see him his first 4 years or so but Ive seen a lot of those early games on Classic. I think his athletic prowess wained in that last run with Bulls. He still dominated games, but it wasnt his athletic ability doing it at that point. there were better athletes at that time than him, which i think even some of the most devout Jordan fans will say he wasnt the elite athlete he was by then. LBJ hasnt hit that decline yet so cant really compare fairly as far as longevity, but no matter how athletic he was, he wasnt physically gifted enough to be able to do that. hypothetically, sure, but hypothetically I could argue if Spud Webb was a foot taller, 100lbs heavier that he may have been on that level too.
    -JAB