Page 26 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Wow. That was an absolutely awesome game.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Huge balls by The Spurs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Re: NBA playoffs

Great game. Great finish. Spurs missed a lot of open 3s but still won the game.

Im curious to see if Wade can continue his great play today throughout the series.

Lebron had the quietest triple double I can remember.

A lot of stats, barely any game impacting plays the entire game offensively or defensively and he didn't do anything in crunch time other than turn the ball over.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Lebron's a great talent, but he lacks the heart of a killer. If I were his coach I'd fine him everytime he settled for a jump shot instead of taking the ball to the basket in the fourth quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by conviction View Post
    Great game. Great finish. Spurs missed a lot of open 3s but still won the game.
    Four turnovers. For a team. For the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Four turnovers. For a team. For the entire game.
    Their ball movement is tops in the league. They got shooters all over the place and with the pick and roll Parker is a master orchestrator

They won this game with their defense...holding Miami to just 36 second half points and holding Lebron and Wade to 6 points in the 4th.

Blog Entries

There is no doubt that Miami has the physical talent to win this series. However, I've mentioned before that I get the sense they turn it off sometimes. Series go longer than they should with them. Compare that to the old Bulls or Duncan's Spurs, where, if healthy, they will end a series in five that is supposed to end in five.

Miami is going to have to turn it on and keep it on this series. Or else.............
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I'm starting to believe the most glaring mis-match of this series might be Popovich over that yokel from Miami....

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I'm starting to believe the most glaring mis-match of this series might be Popovich over that yokel from Miami....
    Spoelstra is a definitely a yokel of sorts.