Page 22 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Re: NBA playoffs

And that's what it looks like when the rest of the team contributes.

Props to Ray Allen for finally doing what he's supposed to do.

Blog Entries

Bosh was pretty horrible imo. a big man shooting 23% is atrocious. His rebounding was huge though. Wade finally played a game with some urgency and just like MJ needed Pippen, LBJ needs wade to get those 20 or so a game. I thought James had a really effective night considering his 32 pts mostly came off of trying to get Wade and Bosh (and Allen to a lesser degree) involved. They kind of forced that issue to their own detriment a little in the early goings. Luckily Wade got going, because Bosh never did offensively.

The Spurs are just a solid team. Im a knicks fan at heart, but ive rooted for the Spurs since Duncan was drafted. They play the game the right way, even if it isnt flashy. If the Heat had issues with Hibbert, Duncan is going to give them much worse. I think Parker will do pretty good in the series and lebron will get his. Wade and Duncan I dont expect to have too much issues so it may come down to who gets more out of role players. I like the Spurs chances and in no way am i going to say its a lock, but i wouldnt bet against Pop for getting more out of less.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

^good overview jab.
    This final series should be a solid matchup - Miami is -5 1/2 for game one but not sure about the odds for the series.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I'm looking forward to this series.

I've always respected Duncan and his game. I would definitely like to see him get one more ring.

Spurs are 4-0 in the finals.

I don't think Duncan is going to give it to Miami much worse at all. Duncan is a much...much better match up for Bosh. They are similar in size and skill really. Duncan obviously has more tricks up his sleeve, but Miami struggled with Hibbert because he was 30-40 pounds bigger than anybody Miami could throw out there.

The keys to this series is Parker and Lebron along with the ability of the respective benches to hit their 3's.

2 very, very similar teams that play at similar paces, neither is a "big" team, and both have been terrific shooting the 3 ball all year.

Should be a great series.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't think Duncan is going to give it to Miami much worse at all. Duncan is a much...much better match up for Bosh. They are similar in size and skill really. Duncan obviously has more tricks up his sleeve, but Miami struggled with Hibbert because he was 30-40 pounds bigger than anybody Miami could throw out there

The keys to this series is Parker and Lebron along with the ability of the respective benches to hit their 3's.

2 very, very similar teams that play at similar paces, neither is a "big" team, and both have been terrific shooting the 3 ball all year.

Blog Entries

I don't think Duncan is going to give it to Miami much worse at all. Duncan is a much...much better match up for Bosh. They are similar in size and skill really. Duncan obviously has more tricks up his sleeve, but Miami struggled with Hibbert because he was 30-40 pounds bigger than anybody Miami could throw out there.

his size was an issue for sure, but his ability to rebound and defend the paint was the effect of that size. Duncan can rebound and defend better than hibbert, even if he is 2" shorter and 20lbs lighter, he still has 20-25lb advantage on Bosh or anybody else on the Heat. Duncan may be similar in his ability to step out and hit jumpers but dont ignore that he can bang with the best as well, where Bosh simply cant. Hibbert averaged 22/10 and 1 block against them after averaging 12/8/2.5 all season. I expect Duncan to score roughly the same (20), rebound more and block more simply because hes a better player than Hibbert.

Side note the teams averaged 103 and allowed 95 (heat) 96.6 (spurs). Should be a very even series.
    -JAB

Bosh gained 15 pounds last summer...he and Duncan are virtually the same size. You can obviously see a huge size difference between Hibbert and Bosh...when Bosh played against Duncan this year, they looked the same size.

Duncan is a much better matchup for Bosh and I expect Bosh to play much better and come close to whatever numbers Duncan puts up.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Bosh sure needs to play better; we shall see...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    his size was an issue for sure, but his ability to rebound and defend the paint was the effect of that size. Duncan can rebound and defend better than hibbert, even if he is 2" shorter and 20lbs lighter, he still has 20-25lb advantage on Bosh or anybody else on the Heat. Duncan may be similar in his ability to step out and hit jumpers but dont ignore that he can bang with the best as well, where Bosh simply cant. Hibbert averaged 22/10 and 1 block against them after averaging 12/8/2.5 all season. I expect Duncan to score roughly the same (20), rebound more and block more simply because hes a better player than Hibbert.

Side note the teams averaged 103 and allowed 95 (heat) 96.6 (spurs). Should be a very even series.
    Hibbert is also about 11 years younger. Duncan is one of the all-time greats, but there was a reason people were surprised was able to make the all NBA team this year... he's 37 and has physically declined in skills. Obviously still good but from a pure physical stand point, Hibbert > Duncan.

Blog Entries

Bosh gained 15 pounds last summer...he and Duncan are virtually the same size. You can obviously see a huge size difference between Hibbert and Bosh...when Bosh played against Duncan this year, they looked the same size.

Duncan is a much better matchup for Bosh and I expect Bosh to play much better and come close to whatever numbers Duncan puts up.
    I just dont see it. Bosh plays soft, Duncan doesnt. I dont really care if Bosh weighed 255 and Duncan 235 its the style of play that really is the issue. part of the reason why Bosh only averaged 7 rebounds no matter who he was lining up against.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Hibbert is also about 11 years younger. Duncan is one of the all-time greats, but there was a reason people were surprised was able to make the all NBA team this year... he's 37 and has physically declined in skills. Obviously still good but from a pure physical stand point, Hibbert > Duncan.
    theres probably some truth in that, but I think his game is better than Hibbert. So while youd think the younger larger guy would be better simply because of athletic ability, his game doesnt allow him to be. He still only put up 11.9/8.3/2.6 to duncans 17.8/9.9/2.7. I dont really care if hes older, hes still better than Hibbert or Bosh. Back to back games is where his age shows, which luckily they dont have in the finals. Any one game though, im taking Duncan, If were talking about starting a team, id differ on that. I will say the longer the series goes im sure his age will show, but with 9-10 days of rest, he probably benefited from that the most. Whether his team as a whole did or not is yet to be seen.
    -JAB