Page 20 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Blog Entries

Re: NBA playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    I don't see a close game but I'm not sure if it will be the Heat or the Pacers. I think it will be a double digit victory but the Pacers have shown to be the better TEAM so far.
    just a question but havent they shown that theyre equal teams at this point? I mean the point differential this series is currently +5 to the heat after 6 games. their proving to be very even in their current states (both with key injuries), which is why its such a good series and were getting to see a 7th game.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Magic and Jordan are the greatest to ever play...it's not even close.
    You just don't understand basketball then. If you want to argue that Magic and Jordan are better, I'll listen. Everybody has their own criteria for greatest ever. But to say it's not even close? Jordan couldn't post up on Hibbert and neither could Magic. Jordan played next to a HOF players and Magic....played next to a bunch of them. LeBron has NEVER had anybody next to him as good as the players around Magic and Jordan. And don't say Wade or Bosh because ever since James came to Miami Wade has been a shadow of himself and Bosh is just an above average player, specifically in the playoffs.

And I have a theory when it comes to LeBron James' clutchness or his "end of the 4th quarter play".

When he was in Cleveland he played almost every minute, every game, every night. He was the main scorer, assister, rebounder, play developer, he was everything. They NEVER brought him any help. In the playoffs LeBron played almost every minute, maybe sitting out 2-3 minutes a game. If LeBron is carrying the whole team, the whole year, throughout the whole playoffs, I'm sorry, but with 2 minutes left to go in the 4th quarter against the Celtics or Orlando or whoever it may have been... he MIGHT BE TIRED. Without LeBron the CAVS would have been the worst team in the league every single year.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    I don't see a close game but I'm not sure if it will be the Heat or the Pacers. I think it will be a double digit victory but the Pacers have shown to be the better TEAM so far.
    All Lebron needs is a little help from Bosh and Wade. He hasn't really had any the past couple games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    All Lebron needs is a little help from Bosh and Wade. He hasn't really had any the past couple games.
    or even Birdman like game 2 (I think it was) where they were a two man show... OK 1 1/4 man show.

From Blazing Saddles "isn't somebody gonna help that poor man?"

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Here's what I fear:

LeBron plays his game to start out. Dishing to his open teammates and trusting that they can hit when given the opportunity. If they don't make shots I'm afraid it might be to late by the time LeBron realizes he has to take the game over.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    And I have a theory when it comes to LeBron James' clutchness or his "end of the 4th quarter play".

When he was in Cleveland he played almost every minute, every game, every night. He was the main scorer, assister, rebounder, play developer, he was everything. They NEVER brought him any help. In the playoffs LeBron played almost every minute, maybe sitting out 2-3 minutes a game. If LeBron is carrying the whole team, the whole year, throughout the whole playoffs, I'm sorry, but with 2 minutes left to go in the 4th quarter against the Celtics or Orlando or whoever it may have been... he MIGHT BE TIRED. Without LeBron the CAVS would have been the worst team in the league every single year.
    Besides the fact that hes excelled in the 4th and final 5min/24sec i dont think even if he did fall off that being tired would be an acceptable reason. Hes a world class athlete and his conditioning is certainly part of that.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Hope it's close at halftime.... then see if Lebron can go beast mode again.

This should be an awesome game no matter what happens; plenty of drama. Just hope the refs are not part of the equation

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Besides the fact that hes excelled in the 4th and final 5min/24sec i dont think even if he did fall off that being tired would be an acceptable reason. Hes a world class athlete and his conditioning is certainly part of that.
    I was reffering to his days in Cleveland btw, sorry if I didn't make that clear thats my fault. Since he's joined the Heat I don't think there is much of anything that you can critique.

But LeBron is playing against athletes too. And when he was playing against KG, Ray Allen, Pierce, and Rondo...that’s 4 on 1. He was going to wear down, it’s just natural. He's human. And I didn't mean tired just physically. I meant emotionally and psychologically as well. He was the QB of his team...while simultaneously being the O-line, the WR and the RB. His teammates provided him zero help in Cleveland. And with the Heat...man his teammates can be some scrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Hope it's close at halftime.... then see if Lebron can go beast mode again.

This should be an awesome game no matter what happens; plenty of drama. Just hope the refs are not part of the equation
    I'd love Lebron to score something like 20 in the fourth and the game winning shot. Just to see what they say then... Prob if he scored more in the earlier qtrs he wouldn't have needed such Big fourth. Guy can't win

Blog Entries

Get your popcorn ready. 30 minutes and counting .

Blog Entries
    Wade and Bosh may have got the memo